Fashionable or trashionable?

Fashionable or trashionable?

Other urls found in this thread:

varusteleka.com/en/product/british-cs95-windproof-smock-desert-dpm-surplus/20004
varusteleka.com/en/product/british-cs95-windproof-smock-dpm-surplus/29501
varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-windproof-smock/34637
red-alliance.net/forum/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

could be okay but the fabric looks like garbage

Like poor quality or just ugly
?

both

front looks p alright, back is ugly

Any suggestions for improvement or a better alternative?

I'm slim and about 5'10

Did you shoop that or do they sell those in black now?
I own the standard green version, so you can "ask me anything" about it.
I want to wax it once the waterproof coathing wears off, that would probably look good, maybe dye it brown first.
It's probably my favourite milsurp parka. Being German myself I don't get the hype around the BW parka, since here it means you're either an insufferable hipster or a nazi/punk and that's the way it has been for longer than I am alive.

Also, is this the Varusteleka thread now?
I own a lot of their stuff, those merino t-shirts, socks and underpants look good and are very durable.

I shooped it black because I intend to dye it black.

My questions would be:

How are the pockets?
Is it waterproof/resistant without being treated?
Is it true to size or does it run big?

Also thank you for volunteering to answer my questions.

As an afterthough - how does it compare to the BW parka? I have one.

How does the waist cinch on yours compare to your body size? Is the parka very square or sort of tailored?

>varusteleka shitposting
>is 'x' Veeky Forums?

Oh man, I knew this was a bad idea. Thing is, I'm not at home so I don't have it in front of me, but I will try to answer from memory.
What do you mean, how are the pockets? They're reasonably roomy, the velcro closure is great, has a lot of grip, also easy to clean. I always thought of velcro as cheap chink bullshit until I got this parka.
It was waterproof at some point but it probably won't be when you buy it. Only part that is waterproof is the upper back / shoulder area which is reinforced with some kind of waterproof fabric from the inside.
It does run true to size. Of course, the fit is somewhat relaxed but if you measure yourself and heed the size descriptions the friendly Finns provide you with, you will look like the soldier in your pic.
I personally don't own a Bundeswehr parka but isn't it just a polycotton shell? The belgian one is lined and very suitable for colder autumn days, winter as well if you wear it with a sweater. The fabric is also different, heavier and more likely to wrinkle. More like the older Bundeswehr parkas than the trendy meme jacket.

Bug off, we are actually disussing clothing here.

Yeah I'm definitely asking about a specific article of clothing as a fashion & function item

Don't worry about it, your answers are very to-the-point and they're satisfying the questions :)

The BW jacket is just a shell, yes. No waterproofing. I'm familiar with the old parkas as well so that comparison was helpful.

Do the pocket flaps keep out water pretty well?

When you consider a phone, wallet, keys and pocketknife as EDC are those objects pretty comfortable and accessible in the pockets?

>Do the pocket flaps keep out water pretty well?
That I don't know. They're not constructed as cleverly as for example the British windproof smock, they're regular poeckets velcroed shut.
>When you consider a phone, wallet, keys and pocketknife as EDC are those objects pretty comfortable and accessible in the pockets?
Yes, they are.

Btw, get a British windproof smock, wonderful jacket and looks great dyed black. Also pic related or anything from that old-timey loden wool fabric. Those two are my favourite jackies.

Which windproof smock do you have?

Vaarusteleka has a few right now
varusteleka.com/en/product/british-cs95-windproof-smock-desert-dpm-surplus/20004

varusteleka.com/en/product/british-cs95-windproof-smock-dpm-surplus/29501

For slightly more they have their own brand that's already black:
varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-windproof-smock/34637

I have the jacket from pic related, it looks terrible on me (pic related)

where are your socks

I'm a hobbit, I don't wear socks

Serious answer though - I'm being comfy and I'm comfier without socks

Oh hey, yours has a wide waist, mine is still sewn tight like in the pic. I think what makes or breaks this jacket is the collar, try to go all Huggy Bear with it and you'll look good.

My smock is a slightly different model, that they don't sell anymore. The drawstring for the hood is circular and has this nice little white thing to tighten it with, also no velcro on the arms for rank insignia.

Oh, and I dyed it black. DPM is bautiful when fresh, but the colour fades quickly. Now you can just see it shimmer through the blackness just right and it looks great.

Bumping for Finnland

Does anyone of you know where I can get this thing?

Uhh... Your pic says 'Varusteleka' on it

Well yeah, they don't have it anymore and it will never be restocked.

I would reccomend using google translate to search some Russian and eastern european surplus stores

also post a wanted ad with a pic on the Red Alliance market board
red-alliance.net/forum/index.php

that's good advice, thanks!

grey-shop.ru has a good selection of gorkas if you don't mind shipping from Russia. They don't have that one in stock, but they update every so often, so it can't hurt to check in.

>shop it black
>"why does it look ugly?"

anywhere but greyshop, the'yre shit. ebay or facebook groups.

Yeah, I checked in with them and thesovietrussia.com
Many nice things there but no flächentarn.

Never ordered greyshop before, why are they shit? WIll check ebay and fb groups, thanks!