>Black
>Business Major
>22
>Sophomore
>Quite yet well spoken
>New University
>North East weather (Jan-June)

I want to dress not to impress but to look like my major
at same time I do not want to look like that autist who wears dress shirts and slacks

Please help me, thank you.

I'm really liking this guys style in the first vine (with the adidas backback).
youtube.com/watch?v=0rSb_QD08vw

I really look like him

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/wRrb2
youtu.be/LSundMOcH20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

also if anyone could tell me what jacket this is
or any that looks like it

thanks

It's a hoodie, not a jacket

thank you for that

imgur.com/a/wRrb2

Since you mentioned your race, I'll give you a piece of advice from a white perspective.

Don't wear brands. Don't wear Adidas, don't wear anything that is clearly a product designed to represent a major brand. Nothing wrong with designer gear as long as you choose it for its appearance, tailoring, material, quality, silhouette, colour etc rather than its semiotics (for instance, don't wear Gucci things with a logo or the snakes, but there's nothing wrong with wearing a nicely designed and tailored brandless Gucci jacket).

It absolutely screams "Hood", even expensive designer gear screams "I want to look like X famous rapper". It's not independence, it's not financial tact and control, it's not manhood like a business student should be signalling and honing.
Kanye pointed it out in "new slaves" or whatever, that flashing your cash and burning it all on expensive gear to show how fly or baller you are, or representing a brand like Jordans or Adidas, whilst a good way to attract thots and show your street cred, is seen as pathetic by anyone above that low level semiotics and part of the reason Blacks perform as badly in America as they do in chimpland, central Africa even with the great wealth and opportunities afforded to them via affirmative action and the first world nation we built here.

I would respect a black guy a lot more if I saw him in a nicely selected, well tailored outfit than if I saw him with da latest dope fire ass collab with HBA or Off White or Jordans or whatever. Unless he is a rapper and genuinely has millions upon millions of dollars and doesn't give a fuck (in which case it's guaranteed he's being manipulated by Jews to present a certain image, as Jay-Z pointed out), it is a very very clear indicator that you have poor money management, low tact and class and low impulse control, which are stereotypically things people associate with hood rats and Niggers (hence we call white Hypebeasts fuckboys or wiggers) not the minority of sensible blacks.

>22yo sophomore
You'll be around 18/19 year olds, try not to rape them ok?

>chimpland, central africa
Lol

>Don't wear Adid-

Op, you want to succeed in business. That means you gotta reject pretty much everythang about being a nigger. Compared to 60 years ago, your race has been gaslit and manipulated into celebrating incompetence and blaming whitey. Black culture is currently like a bucket of crabs.
>youtu.be/LSundMOcH20
You might not like the Hoteps and Aaron Genus but currently they are the only ones addressing why blacks fuck up.

Great advice here.

He can succeed in business as a diversity hire if his uni is half decent and if he can stay out of jail

Lol
A black guy at my dad's business literally doesn't show up but they still pay him, just to keep the diversity. He wanted to quit, apparently his coworkers were pissed with his poor work and lack of attendance, but instead the company begged him to stay and told him he doesn't even need to come in, so he stays at home

How embarrassing

lmao die in a fire

OP here

>Don't wear Adidas
That's the only shoe brand I wear, and I only own the casuals like the picture on the left. I own every color of the same shoe.

Should I just wear the ones on the right so people will think I play sports? Can't they be casual wear to classes?

don't have to worry about me being a hood nigga, most people can tell I'm not after I talk.

I'm a fresh off the boat African, lived in the U.S. most of my life so I don't have an accent. So I can say I do see the difference and tend to avoid being what people expect. Most people don't even group me with American blacks after hearing my name.

That's good man, hope you're planning on returning to Africa to make it a better place when you're done with college. Good luck!

I like the left ones best, seems like a waste of money for such a small change. How about keeping them in a gym bag and actually playing sports? Then you can dress how you want and people will know you're sporty. Like I said, every hood rat wears sports clothing 24/7, you can break the mold and be a good guy. Try classic American leisure if you want to appear cool, original and respectable without wearing suits.

That's a shitty situation all around, everyone is at fault here. The company for being lazy and taking advantage of their one black worker's race, allowing the animosity to build and setting the playing field against any other new hire that happens to be black. Plus shame on the black dude for just not quitting outright or at least trying to put an okay level of work in until he finds a job he likes.

African Americans (the kind that you're not) are subhuman. Do everything you can to not be associated with them

Be yourself and dress well and simple, Don't be afraid to look at more expensive brands but overly branded stuff isn't really good looking nor good for your image.

SOme inspo

OP, would you say that you have the money to afford brands above basic mall items? Is $200 for a pair of casual pants a lot for you? How tall are you?

>Black
>Quiet yet well spoken
Please teach the rest of them

y u tryna look like a class/race traitor?

the harder you try the more people gonna tell you "quite" ethically bankrupt. as a black man in america it's gonna be even more transparent.

cardigans, oxford shirt, cuffed selvedge, loafers n shit. hair high and tight. oversized watch as if you're compensating for something.

It's incredible how much nicer, hard-working and intelligent Africans that come to America are than African-Americans.

Good on ya m8

>why you tryna sell out
>you think you better than us
>you be forgetting your roots
>why you tryna be like those whiteys
>come be poor and unsuccessful with us