What's the verdict on Meermin Mallorca?

What's the verdict on Meermin Mallorca?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/1z05c1/meermin_mallorca_made_in_china/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dont know how they are so cheap for their professed quality.

are they a meme

good value for the money. far from the highest quality shoes of course, but good for what they are. check out carmina and allen edmonds for the next price point up, then john lobb, edward green, gaziano&girling, meccariello etc. for top dollar and quality

Best in their price range by far.
I think you'd have to spend almost triple the amount of money to get any more value.

Only downside I guess is that it may take a month for restock of some size or color if they are out.

Highly recommend, I got one pair of dark brown brogues from them and they are awesome.

Are they as difficult to size for wide feet at the internet suggests?

Great value for money, maybe the best price:cost ratio of all makers. That said if you expect Edward Green quality you won't get it.

It depends on the last. If you have wide feet you can pretty much never wear their Elton last or whatever the Linea Maestro one is called -- Ruy? They do MTOs for wide-fit shoes now and then, though, but even then you have to hope it's for a model you want.

Made in Chyna. Finished in Spain.

Made in chinois.
FInished in chinois.
Packaged and sold from spain.

Ain't no spaintard got time to do finishing for shoes that sell at those prices.

Any source for that claim?

I own a pair of cap toe oxfords from Meermin and the quality is very good, so even if they are made in China, they are very nice shoes.

reddit.com/r/goodyearwelt/comments/1z05c1/meermin_mallorca_made_in_china/

Meermin and Carmina are the top dogs on Spanish shoemaking.

In terms of quality Carmina is better, but Meermin is well worth or its price range.

If you are a newfag/poorfag, id suggest trying out Meermin.

If you want to make a worthwhile investment, Carmina is the way to go.

High quality good shoes

Honestly don't bother using anything else, I don't like buying used shoes and Meermin is the only quality to price ratio that's genuinely good.

>john lobb
completely overpriced, and worse, awfull look

I've had the worst experiences with Meermin shoes, blisters, extremely tough to break in etc. No one else does does #menswear museum calf fancy options for those prices. I do regret those purchases not only because they were uncomfortable but also the trendy leather finishes are also no longer to my taste.

Not the case for RMW, Carmina, CnJ and Allen Edmonds. That being said, price was at least 2x more for those brands.

>extremely tough to break in
This is because the leather is actually good though, any pair of shoes not made to a personal last will have this problem unless they go the Crockett & Jones route of using soft leathers on purpose (especially in the sole) to make the break-in quick, but then they won't be hard-wearing instead.

I've never owned a pair of Crocketts I haven't had to resole within two years, my Meermins on the other hand are real beaters, on a totally different level.

hard leather isn't better than soft. softness is a sign of quality in thicker leathers

I have a pair of their long wing bluchers, very nice but I don't really get to use them too much

Bespoke or rtw? They're completely different

hiro is the only last for wider feet, but not really wide (like NB wide)

bought a pair of their black derbies several years ago. haven't seen better quality shoes for less than $200

What last are they on? I'm looking for that style around that price, but those meermins always look too elongated on the site

Don't remember the exact last, sorry. I know I did buy them a half size bigger and they fit fine in the sides, so they're probably narrower than the regular fit.

If he bought them several years ago they're probably no longer available on that last anyway, Meermin used to have about 8 lasts but have been replacing most of them with the Elton one which is narrow/elongated, most likely due to the fact that it sells better. I'm guessing it looks more elegant to most buyers.

yeah they don't even make that model anymore it seems

because they are ugly as sin