I need a pair of dress shoes. where can I look for a pair with a ~$300 budget?

I need a pair of dress shoes. where can I look for a pair with a ~$300 budget?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-Men-Leather-Dress-Shoes-2016-Fashion-Wedding-Shoes-Breathable-Business-Shoes-Lace-up-Flat/32648717995.html?
theshoesnobblog.com/2017/02/the-importance-of-toe-taps.html
meermin.es/en/10150416170000he-17-101504-brown-country-calf-e-marron.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just fuck w allen edmonds

i though tthose were memes?

Frye

what do you mean?

most classic, inoffensive yet high quality dress shoe. Basically every fortune 500 executive or hiring manger will just look at them and think "hmm, park aves/strands, checks out"

You really don't want to go too far out of the box for first good pair, but lots of people in business will wear fashionable shoes like the ones pictured. But also dont want to cheap out on the standard ones

ok thanks ill check some out

Let your first color be brown, so long as you have non-black suit pants. Some basic cap-toes, whole cuts, or double monks.

>but which type of brown?
Either cognac, mahogany, or tan. Just not chocolate or cordovan...yet.

They have a clearance and a factory seconds site that has them on sale. no one really looks at your shoes all day so those might suffice

Not OP, but I'm looking for some wingtips under $150. What are my options here?

trash and ebay

AE are memes. They're vastly overrated by a lot of Americans for what appears to be literally no reason at all. Their customer service is good, that's about it.

That said ain't wrong that
>Basically every fortune 500 executive or hiring manger will just look at them and think "hmm, park aves/strands, checks out"
because they've all been memed.

>dress shoes

uncomfortable feet fedora

AE are nonetheless decent. I'd put my money on Carmina though around that price point.

not all of are neets

Are you retarded?

yea frye. youre joking right? frye is all made in china or mexico and the quality is shit. you may as well throw your money down the drain.

they have an all american line, but I wouldn't call them dressy at all.

This is what people say who haven't worn quality dress shoes, but some wal-mart dollar plastic shit

ctshirts.com have good ones, pediwear.co.uk has good ones, meermin.es have good ones.

Sure they're decent, they're just not "high quality" in any meaningful sense. Like you said yourself, at the price point Carmina is better in every way; or for the same quality you can pay a lot less.

And AE certainly aren't high quality in the money-is-no-object sense.

I've worn allen edmonds, aldens and some italian brands you wouldn't know

it's shit

and you're retarded if you're going to pretend walking on cork and wood soles is comfortable

>wood soles
Wtf did you smoke?

>cork, wood, and leather layers are pleasant to step on

Whatever you do, don't buy monk straps.

It's a pitfall young people tend to fall into constantly for some reason. You'll look ridiculous.

>wood
Being this retarded.

sauce on this particular pair

C&J Islay.

where is the wood? shank can be made out of wood, but you don't "step" on it. personally i have a pair of loake chukkas, with leather soles and they are way more comfortable than any sneaker i have tried. partly because the sole moulds to you foot.

forgot to say thanks so: cool, thx!

you should get back to work, dad
this

here
aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-Men-Leather-Dress-Shoes-2016-Fashion-Wedding-Shoes-Breathable-Business-Shoes-Lace-up-Flat/32648717995.html?

Most boomers here high up in Law or Corporate jobs dress like shit. Flabby pasty men in baggy black suits and cheap shoes.

Trust me no one but a few will know the difference between a high end brand of dress shoes and cheap stuff.

That kinda thing died with the boomers.

Just nail the fit and youre good.

You can do what I did and look on ebay for a pair of Allen Edmonds in great used condition for around 100 bucks, and those will look better than most dress shoes you can get even before you spend the $125 to send it to AE's factory where they refurbish your shoe into an essentially brand new one.

For around $250 you can get a fuckin slick pair of AEs and they'll last you forever while being better than 99% of the dress shoes you run into

Agree with this post. You don't have to break the bank for a pair of shoes. Long as they aren't some ugly square toed shoes that make you look like a duck, you're fine. With that said, I'm going to recommend Meermin like some others have.

I agree, but only to a point. Yes, they won't know the difference, but your feet and wallet will. A higher end, well build shoe will be more comfortable and last longer than a cheap shoe.

Also, other people who know shoes will be able to tell right off the bat how good your shoes are, if you care enough to impress them.

those look awful. broguing is just about the tackiest least pleading thing you can do to a nice shoe. plus it stops the show from properly molding around your foot. yea lets buy leather shoes and then punch a bunch of holes and stitching so the shoe never stretches

yea but a shoe with a last that doesn't fit your foot well will never fit your foot well no matter how long u wear it or how many hundreds of dollars u spend on them

Well, yeah, of course. That should always be a given.

As much as I love my wholecuts, after awhile they do start to get kinda boring due to the lack of stitching, brouging, medallions, aprons, ect. I'm actually probably going to get a half brougue oxford soon because my current rotation is so low on shoes that are visually interesting.

it's not a given. for about 95% of people they don't even know what a last is.

I didn't say it is a given, I said it SHOULD be a given. Semantics matters mane.

>buy AE oxfords on sale for $300 (regular price is over $500 canadian)
>8 months later, one of them has a big hole in the sole
>getting a new leather sole will cost $150
should I wait for them to go on sale again? or pay the $150

how do i make my shoes last? I walk 30 minutes each day from the train station to work

Ideally you should let your shoes rest at least 24-48 hours between wearings. So that means having multiple shoes in rotation, in your case. Obviously the more shoes you own, the larger the rotation, the longer they last. Also shoe trees and a proper polish will keep them in good health.

As for right now, I'd get them resoled unless the upper is damaged significantly. Good leather should last two to three decades, with good care and polishing. It's common to get quality shoes resoled at least a few times in its life span.

>cherry picking the rare yet present material just to salvage being BTFO

you're still a retard wearing shitty overpriced foot fedora that belong in the last century

it's part of the heels

allen edmonds has a good sale right now. cop some fifth avenues w/ dainite soles.

I agree too. Get the fit. If you need some flash right off the bat, get it in your accessories, like a wristwatch or cufflinks. Or invest in a good set of neckties to cycle through. If you're in law, you could pull off a stylish attache case, but even that doesn't necessarily have to be high end.

>it's part of the heels
No it isn't. They're made out of stacked leather. Fucking kids...

>It's part of the heels.
No, it is not.
I really hope you have a nice easy life, otherwise you'll die soon being this idiot.

>its not
>can clearly see it in shoe layers

lmao you people are idiots

keep walking on cork, leather and shit material like the last century faggots that you are

>wood is never ever used
>occasionally used by dress shoe makers because cork and leather isn't shitty enough

lel

>can clearly see it in shoe layers.
wew lad.

>already got BTFO
>resorts to stale memes to salvage his feet fedora

HAHAHA

>proven to be an idiot
>resorts to be even a bigger idiot.

>pictures are right on his face
>retorts are baseless insults to salvage his demolished ego

lel just go away loser. cry while wearing your shitty shoes you paid 400 dollars for lmao

look, a tree.

It's a bait. Don't know why one should care if some flat footed kid can only feel comfortable with pillows tied to his feet

>it's bait

>when you literally are walking on cork and leather with your shitty overpriced dress shoes

I know, but I want to see what he can come up with. Maybe I can help him to achieve his maximum capacity.

yuketen
:^)

Feels good imo. Can you get that through your thick skull??

This is way funnier than it has a right to be

meermin.es

lol

You'll have to check if there's anyone local with a small-scale workshop. Otherwise it's ebay.

>Tfw you find some cheap but passable black derbys at nordstrom rack for under $90

Not amazing quality, but fine for what I need, plus they're pretty damn comfortable

Pay for the resole, obviously. It's half the cost of a pair on sale!

If you REALLY want to make them last
>ask for a rubber sole, but even the thinnest dianite will be noticiable, there's a big aesthetic trade-off
>get a topy on the leather sole, it will still be noticiable but not as much, minor aesthetic trade-off
>get more pairs and rotate them, the meme minimal rotation should be 3 pairs + overshoes
>if you don't want to invest an extra $600, maybe use some silica gel to dry the sweat out of your shoes in a single night? that's the whole point of having a rotation anyway, leather sucks when even just damp.

thanks
i can get the shoes resoled with rubber, and it's cheaper, only $100 per shoe. but i'd have to get both of my shoes resoled to make them match

but maybe i will just add more shoes to my rotation.
or i see some guys at my workplace who wear sneakers or boots to the office, and carry their dress shoes every week to wear indoors only. maybe i'll do that to reduce wear

how do you deal with the tips of your shoes becoming worn/dirty

i have a pair of dress shoes, but they're brown from dirt and wear, i clean the area which helps a little, but they quickly get dirty

pic related, area of the shoe i'm referring to

this is a better picture

my shoes are worn out like this, and also starting to separate a little

forgot pic

Meermin.

get them fitted with toe taps. absolutely necessary for leather soled shoes imo

stop buying shoe fedoras with shitty leather and cork soles

you will sound like a marching SS-sturmbannführer with those

Sieg heil, cuck.

stop being poor.

Allen Edmons if you're americunt
Meermin if in Europe
If you want to spend more then Tricker's or Carmina.

Why is that subhuman swinging his arms all the way outward when throwing punches?

Only if they're just tacked on the tip, they should be flush with the rest of the sole, which requires a bit of filing down of the toe.

>implying rich people wear this fruity posturing crap

actual millionaires wear rubber soled shoes with support and dgaf

theshoesnobblog.com/2017/02/the-importance-of-toe-taps.html

>pay $400 for shitty uncomfortable shoes
>have to pay more $$$ to slap on autistic shit on your feet fedora because they would fall apart otherwise

lel

but you are still poor. Stop being poor.

you can easily have your foot fedora with rubber soles. leather is more comfortable tho

Literally the same shoe for half the price meermin.es/en/10150416170000he-17-101504-brown-country-calf-e-marron.html

Why wouldn't you want to keep your shoes in good condition for the longest time possible? Are you one of those """""people"""" working in a place where buying a new pair of Crocs every six months is considered normal?

Dempsey Roll

Kenneth cole wont fail

Wearing brown shoes with a business suit is fucking idiotic. Wear black. Seriously. GQ started dressing models in brown shoes with suits years ago because they know their readers are fucking dupes. Same with the colored socks. They told their readers that they’ll stand out or “inject some personality” or some such bullshit if they wear brown shoes or crazy patterned socks with a suit, and now it’s everywhere. Like you’re gonna get fucked if you wear some stripey socks or camel wingtips. They’re meming you to sell magazines. They have to churn that shit out once a month. You just look like a clueless fucking idiot.

you don't step with the toe. put shoes on and try it. the toe just rolls, you don't 'step' on it
lmao. i wouldn't think that fat neckbeard could fight standing up anyway

why dont you exercise some independent thought and decide if you like them or not, I know that might be hard for you

shoe brush
edge dressing

no, it is not.

grey and blue suits dont look anywhere near as good with black shoes as they do with brown or oxblood. you're an ill-informed fool. you don't have to wear brown shoes with non-black suits, but you don't have to wear black either

Aesthetically speaking, black shoes suck.
But you're right, you need them if the occasion calls for them. A funeral, an interview, normal business in a very formal environment, you'll need black shoes. And to follow the Kingsmen meme, oxfords with no broguing because if you want a derby and/or brogues, you'd get it in brown.
So, you're right, but for the wrong reasons. If you're wearing a business suit, you'll probably need black shoes because it's a business uniform, but don't go around thinking they look so great. They're black, boring, and yeah take a shine better but a rich dark brown would complement about any suit (maybe not a black suit, but if you're wearing a black suit, my deepest condolences) better.

they're talking about "business" suits, so I assume we mean Business, like private sector where you could be dealing with either a Engineer in Khakis or Head of Sales. Who the hell wants to buy anything from a guy wearing a Blue suit with black oxfords? And who would be in the business of selling anything with a personality that wears black oxfords with all their suits.

I like how rational capitalism is

DO NOT BUY THEIR MESH LEATHER CONTRAST ONES

As the guy who originally asked about the boots: I actually have several pairs of Meermin boots, but they don't have as high shafts. The C&J Islays also look like they have a more careful patina, so that's nice too.

well, thats the long and short of it.