Men's Wrist Watches

I am a man who just got my first ever pay, from my first ever job. I've always had Japanese and Chinese plastic shit watches and I want to buy myself a real classical stylish men's mechanical wrist watch to accommodate this day. I hope that it'll last a very long time in use. What would you guys recommend? Please keep it sub 300 euros. And preferably from an European watch maker. My wrist is small so over 40mm watches are probably a bad idea.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Citizen-BL8004-53E-Eco-Drive-Two-Tone-Stainless/dp/B000EQR3UU?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000EQR3UU
zeloswatches.com/collections/chroma/products/chroma-2-cream?variant=7614502148
youtube.com/watch?v=SRwGcUuRPH8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you racist.

Fuck you. *Not OP*

Sub 300 you could get a swatch or swiss arny

I'd go with swatch for that price

Just get a seiko, faggot

Your perceived scale of prices is off my man.
I think your demand for a European brand should be the first one to be dropped - around your price range I'd get a Seiko or a Hamilton.

How much decent wrist watches cost? And how much is too much? I've ever only had 30 euro plastic shit so you're very much correct that I don't have a sense how much good watches cost.

You need to learn what you want from a watch, "decent watch" is a vague term that means very different things to different people - a cheap plastic $7 Casio is functionality-wise a very decent watch with features that mechanical watches can't replicate until a MUCH higher price bracket.

Your budget is at a dangerous price point because the vast majority of 50-1000 Euro range (possibly even higher) is full of rip-offs - lots of companies that try to sell you an image of luxury while using shit materials/cheap movements/disgusting designs.

Casio, Seiko, Orient, Hamilton have very decent offerings at your price point and it's hard to get ripped-off on their catalogs since for the most part they're realistically priced.

Ok, sounds fair. When you wrote:
>until a much higher price bracket

How much higher that is? I'm not looking for a 3000 euro custom built "jewellery watch" or a top fashion item of the fall. Just something that at least will not break and looks like a stylish classical men's wrist watch.

I got recommended CWC as well (pic related, it's CWC GS). Their stuff looks little bit more like what I'm thinking while not quite. But they seem durable, are Swiss made and costs around 300.

I have no trouble doubling my budget if a good watch is presented to me. The 300 already felt like sky high increase to what I'm used to by being ten fold. Which is why it felt good price point to want a watch from.

Citizen has lots of very nice watches in the 100-300 euro price range, my guy.

Things to look for, aside from the aesthetic:

Sapphire Glass face
Waterproof to at least 10-20 meters.

I have this guy in silver and blue:

amazon.com/Citizen-BL8004-53E-Eco-Drive-Two-Tone-Stainless/dp/B000EQR3UU?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000EQR3UU

It has a few cool features, like a perpetual calendar, is very accurate, and is solar powered so you never have to have the batter changed.

sub-300 euros puts you firmly in Japanese metal ok-ish watch range, so you're going to have to settle or up your budget.

>How much higher that is?
Mechanical watches have to mechanically achieve features that in the digital age are basic as fuck - a mechanical watch that has chronograph, alarm clock, date/day/month display is going to cost several thousands of Euros.

>I got recommended CWC as well (pic related, it's CWC GS). Their stuff looks little bit more like what I'm thinking while not quite. But they seem durable, are Swiss made and costs around 300.
It's a quartz movement, you specified you wanted mechanical - also you're paying most of that cash just for the right to say it's Swiss as you can get a bunch of other good quartz watches for less.

I've already told you what brands IMO are worth looking into at your price range.

>I have no trouble doubling my budget if a good watch is presented to me.
m8, we've already been through this - if you have no idea what you want in a watch how could I possibly recommend a "good one"?

IMO Reddit should have good beginner guides on their watch subs, go browse a bit to get a sense of things.

>clueless racist idiot

lel

I'm looking for a little gift for my gf and I, two casual watches that don't go over 60 USD. Ours broke and we haven't had the time to shop so I want to make it a surprise. Any ideas? any clean/minimalistic brands I should look at? Thanks a lot!

Is this the new watch thread?

>One of the ugliest wrist watches I've seen in my whole life.

Christopher ward, Steinhart, Hamilton and maybe Oris second hand, personally I would just save up and buy something good if you want a mechanical piece.

I've upped my budget since the first message to sub-1000 euros class. People in this thread were entirely justified at laughing me for my first post. It's just that I am not coming from a wealthy family and I've had to work really hard and long to get to where I am now.

I think I already stated that a very basic mechanical watch is sufficient. It doesn't even need to display date. But it should be waterproofed. And made in Europe. Features I personally appreciate are durability, accuracy, functional design without bells and whistles, and of course timeless design.

At the moment I'm interested at Tissot Powermatic 80 Chemin des Tourelles (the plain black version), Sinn 556i and Hamilton Khaki Aviation. Especially the Sinn 556i is something I have a good feel about (in pic).

>Features I personally appreciate are durability, accuracy, functional design without bells and whistles, and of course timeless design.
Could you be more vague?
Also if you really want usability, accuracy, and functionality then go for a gshock

If i HAD to choose european (stupid prereq btw) id look at Tissot, sinn or Damasko.

But in all honesty If i were you i would rather save up for a used Rolex. Its a yuppie symbol for a reason. 1000 bucks is a nasty point in watches where Theres a lot of shite and a lot of money to be lost.

Thoughts on Orient? They're a subsidiary of Seiko. What I like is that they retain a classic feel with their branding and products and the price seems right for just about everything they offer.

Will it only last me three/four-years? Is the timing total shit?

An Explorer fits your bill but not for your price range. Sinn or Damasko are pretty good if you're in that price range, most other stuff in that range is not really any better than what you would find for below your price range. Avoid Swatch group stuff in that range because you might as well buy an Omega if you want to pay a bunch of money for a Swatch.

Non European

Thoughts on the Zelos Chroma?
zeloswatches.com/collections/chroma/products/chroma-2-cream?variant=7614502148

>sub 300 euro watch
>good

YOU CANT HAVE A GOOD WRIST WATCH FOR UNDER 3 GRAND YOU FUCKING MORON

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=SRwGcUuRPH8

shitter

be careful in this price range, you could end up buying as many watches it could cost to buy a decent breitling, omega, or a [REDACTED] watch

Explain? Are there better miyota automatics with this design and price?

just buy some cheap seiko or go on parnis org and see if there's some actual expensive watch you'd like to have but cant afford(keep the design simple)

Laco Aachen
It's made in Germany, by the company who used to make watches for the Luftwaffe , it's sub 300. They also have an A type in the same price.

All the watches you mentioned contain pretty much the same tier of movement so you could just get whichever you like the most.

One last option I'd suggest you consider if you're willing to search a bit is that you search for a second hand 50-70's Omega Constellation.
They're classic looking, have a beautiful long lasting movement, great heritage and with some of them you just need a bit of polishing and a new strap to have a stunning watch.
They go for anywhere between 700-2000 USD depending on condition. This piece in the pic was made in the 60's with a 561 calibre movement, it's in great condition and the asking price was 900euro

WatchRecon would be where I'd start searching if you want to.
Good luck either way.

I have a an older model Tissot PRS 516, they make solid watches in that 500-1000 EURO range. My only complaint is that the leather strap looks nice (big puncholes) but didn't last as long as I'd have liked.

Laco went out of business, got sold off, and went out of business again. Someone picked up the brand name and started making watches branded Laco again in the 2000s but it's not at all the same company that used to make fliegers during the war. And they're "Made in Germany" by taking a Miyota or ETA movement and putting the Laco brand on it.

They may or may not be nice watches and maybe that's exactly the watch you wanted, but I personally wouldn't put a whole lot of weight on the historical backstory they put all over their website and in watch shill blogs and shit like that.

SKX-013

SARG-007

Get off the SARB/Alpenis hype train

True but countless companies do the same with the movements. It's still a perfect little watch for the price point.

anyone got experiences with komono? i really like this watch @ 140 eurobux

It's worth about €10. It looks like every generic watch you find on aliexpress.

ffs, lurk moar

opinions ?

suck dick and die

i'd recommend a watch from Tycho Brahe watches

I bought an Orient Ray in blue for my first watch (the one on the left). Great diver for

Left or right? What are some effay divers/sports watches?

>tfw 6'5
>watches look childish and tiny on my wrist
>don't want a jumbo watch

recommend a good watch for a tall guy that wouldn't look like a bracelet and also wouldn't look like a mini-vinyl strapped on my wrist.

measure your wrist size. My guess is 40-44 mm diameter

Thoughts on Steinhart Ocean One Vintage?

I owned a Steinhart OVM, and I was happy with it until I didn't like the fake vintage lume and the fact it was an homage anymore.

I suggest unique divers from other brands, or at least avoid the mercedes hands

I want to get the Bauhaus/Nomos look on the cheap

Is Rodina still the best choice? What should I get?

I had the rodina on a black strap without the logo, and i recommend the same. Sold it and now miss it

>good watches cost between $2,000-$10,000
>all other watches look the same & are for goofy middle class consumers

recommend a good watch that will make other people respect me

>Oris
>Tudor
>Ball
>Corum
>Chronoswiss
>Bvlgari
>Longines
>Maurice Lacroix
>Montblanc
>Nomos
>Rado

All under 3k grey market bro

Look for dive watches with a thick bezel. They give the appearance of being larger than they are.

Maybe an Oris diver 65 in 42mm

Should I trade this in for an Aquanaut? I couldn't see myself giving enough wrist time to both if I had both at the same time.

where do i buy rodina from

The Aquaracer looks better

But I'd keep the AP because Tag has no history

They may be Seiko subsidiary but not even half the quality of Seiko 5. I've had two Orient and one where there's a fucking strand of hair stuck to the tip of a second hand, second one where red paint splatter on second hand. I've never seen any one fuck up a watch this badly even compared to $30 Timex. It was stupid as hell and get me to blacklist that piece of shit company for the rest of my life.

>Christopher Ward

Over priced brand for millennials with zero history, conjured by some bored and rich British dude who literally cannot make up his mind on the brand identity and has to go through a new logo iteration every year. It's a total shitter mate. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Also get a different Seiko diver, the one shown is the shit tier of their divers. The crown is mis aligned, the gap between top and bottom crown guard is not symmetrical. The bracelet is horse shit and the waffle dial looks like garbage in person. Also 400 dollar doos for a 4R35 low end Seiko movement? Fuck off with that shit. Try finding your next watch outside of Reddit and Macy's.

>1:1 copy of Rolex "homage"
>fake patina
>shitty case design with lugs that over hang on wrist

It's a shitter but not SQUALLLAYYYY shitter.

not op.
what are some solid ~38mm $600 and below divers?
i copped and returned two SKX013 b/c of poopy quality control. one had the chapter ring misaligned from the lime. the other had a bezel that had hard clicks in between the minutes rather than on the minutes.

At 38 mm I've nothing for you in divers mate, stop shaving your arm hairs, grow a pair and start wearing a man size.

In non divers, Hamilton Khaki is 38mm is probably the best bet. Throw away the stock leather strap because it's a gross plastic and cardboards. Spend like 20 bucks and get a decent replacement leather strap.

If chapter ring alignment bothers you, Seiko under $600 probably isn't for you. I mean the samurai still has much much bigger problems. Look into Citizen Promaster maybe.

at least skwwwwalllleeeeeyyyyy has original designs

steinhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrttt only has discontinued rolex knockoffs

best beater I ever had

Someone got me this for like $30
Im happy with it

Nice man
For what occasion?

are there any modern watches similar to this?

Not that I can think of. Those are pretty cheap and reasonably easy to find, though. And they have good quartz movements, no reason why it won't run perfectly for a long time if you service it every once in a while. I have a few old quartz Seikos, one is a KQ I bought off ebay that looks really similar to that one.

Stop posting your shit watch, this is the fourth time I've seen your shitter fashion watch worth 1$

>implying it's bad because it's japanese or chinese

idiot. there are very nice high end jap and chinese watches as well, quartz or mechanical.
if you don't want that, then you gotta go full swiss, some german outlier or full american.

also, nice manly man complex you got there.

excuse me, do you know what time it is

my sub 300€ watches are:

Orient Mako Ray
Other Orient, i dont know the exact model.
Citizen Orca
Two G-Shocks
Some fashion shit.

You can get a Seiko too, but id go second hand and find a Tissot or Certina.

Bin them all

fuck off DWshitters

no

If you want an affordable Euro watch look at Certina or Davosa. Mondane have some nice watches too. You’d really need to spend around £500/600 for anything half decent though, if you want quality you have to pay for it, don’t be ignorant.
Also forget the mechanical meme, unless you’re a collector it’s irrelevant, you can get good quartz watches, better for an “everyday” type of watch.
I own one of these, Certina DS8 moonphase, cost £580 I’m very happy with it as my “everyday” watch.

Seiko SKX 013 or 009

I wish I had got the smaller 013

...what the fuck?

Can anyone recommend or point to a watch similar to this? kinda small, same colour scheme (Black, grey maybe white). Seiko SNK809K2

DSSD

/facepalm.

If you're gonna get a Patek, get the 5711, Aquanaut is nice but the rubber bracelet ruins it imo

I'd keep the AP.

You Faggots really care too much about watches get a 20$ one at tjmaxx /thread

Tudor Pelagos.

timex weekender

Bought a modded out SKX007, saphire crystal, same movement, got the bezel and watch hands changed to the mercedes version.

Kept the movement to respect the Sieko brand + making me wear it as my daily driver.

Copped.

Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic

Are those Vejrhoj watches a meme, /co/?
Or are they decent for the price?

I love the bezel lume. The pelagos is a very nice watch, I really was about to buy one but it was just too big on me. Have you found that the titanium scratches noticeably more than stainless? I was a little worried about that too, but then again I ended up getting a watch with a smooth polished bezel which is a scratch magnet.

What does Veeky Forums think of Daniel Wellington?
They are quite nice to wear around normies with a bit of irony added in.

>Daniel Wellington
just personal thoughts but I fucking hate this shit. Absolute low normie tier watches. Like below mvmt maybe even below fucking ice watches. Can't stand this shit

I’ve got pic related, you can get it for $500ish normally, probably cheaper if you search for a bit. It has a fairly timeless design, is automatic with a glass back so you can see the movement and so far has worked just fine for me for the last 5 years.

Spending $1000 is probably a bad idea as you can already get some used Omegas and other higher end watches for that price, but buying used watches requires some experience. Better to buy an affordable watch now, get used to the feel and get some experience and then get a nice high end watch in a few years when you can afford it

Not OP but damn that looks nice

Just saw one today and it instantly made me think of the person wearing it as a pleb. It looks like something bought from a dollarstore. The materials and finish look cheap, it looks like a chinese imitation of what they thought is a timeless design, but made to be way too large because that’s in. Fucking disgusting, I wouldn’t wear that shit if I was paid to

A good watch will get my respect for your watch taste but only being a respectable person will get my respect for YOU.

Bought thie with money i saved from my first job. Its noy a good choice, its some overpriced tissot quartz that i cant even swap the battery in myself. Despite that though, im proud of it and will never get rid of it. Buy something you can be proud of op, and keep it