NO POO ADVICE

I haven't used shampoo for nearly a month now... when does it start getting better, can anybody share experiences?

It doesn't get better. No Poo is a meme as old as Veeky Forums.

No, but this is.

Have you been washing with water?

Yes, warm water. nearly every day.

My hair is poker straight and thick as hell. If I use shampoo it turns to hay. I've been No Pooing for like 3 years now.

My hair just doesn't get that dirty... water is more than enough to clean it.

In fact, I don't use soap either... I Poo my armpits exclusively...

When does what start getting better? What exactly is your problem

Overtly greasy hair and buildup, should I just start doing shampoo every month or so?

start rinsing with apple cider vinegar

I suppose you could do that. I've shampooed every 2 weeks for a few months now and my hair is better than it's ever been. Currently trying to not shampoo at all - on my 3rd week

If you don't drink coffee or consume certain other foods, you probably won't stink, but you hit the problem with the no shampoo thing—it only works for some people.

I DID NO POO FOR A MONTH, RINSING MY HAIR EVERY DAY, NOW I GOT AN INFECTION AND MY SCALP BURNS. FUCK YOU FA THIS IS THE LAST TIME I'M LISTENING TO YOU GUYS

Kek

jump in the sea every few days
don't shower every single day
run your sweaty hand through your hair often
exercise enough
(some people probably just don't have the hair for it)

just shampoo whenever ur hair gets too greasy.
i've been doing a sorta no-poo but i shampoo once every 1-2 months.

works well enough.

also u can still use conditioner every wash. it'll reduce the oiliness

if doing nopoo gives you problems its because youre a gross unhealthy fuck who needs to fix other shit

literally no reason for a normal human animal to put detergent in their hair unless you dumped grease on it for some reason

I haven't used shampoo for around five years, and while my hair looks and feels fine, I have a dry, flaky scalp. Prior to stopping my use of shampoo, I had an oily scalp with dandruff. I've started using olive oil on my scalp a couple of times a week, but that only seems to do a little bit of good. I also have dry, itchy patches on certain areas of my skin, so I think that my scalp issue is related to that.

Lmao fuck ur life

"Fuck my life" is a pretty frequent utterance of mine.

I have the exact same problem with my thick hair. If I use shampoo once my hair becomes dry like hay and very hard to style. No pooing for about 3 years. I wash my hair with cold water and it becomes less frizzy and easier to handle. I use conditioner every other day and wash my hair daily with cold water. When I run over my hair with my hands it's completely clean. No poo saved my hair.

I buzzed all my hair off 6 months ago and went no poo. Basically had no problems doing that except bad dandruff until maybe a month or 2 in. If my hair was longer it probably would have been greasy as fuck. You just have to stick it out.

What conditioner do you use? My hair is getting longer now and I was thinking of using one. Just water only washing atm.