Hey brotha. Spare a couple bucks?

>hey brotha. Spare a couple bucks?

sure

sure why not
I have a small business I'm running, and I need some more hands, you interested?

Why the money problem OP?

I don't have cash on me.

Most obviously homeless folk, beggars included, I encounter seem to have something wrong with them in the head.

I sometimes have second thoughts about my business's cofounder and he's pretty well-adjusted and educated. There's no way I could see myself hiring a homeless person or anyone with similar characteristics to the ones I encounter.

Why don't you get a job, Al?
check em

Fuck you.

Impressive

C'mon, dude.
We all know Dave Chappelle isn't a beggar.
Yet.

I'll give you 1 satoshi.

Never give the homeless a job.
Homeless life is actually pretty comfy.

You don't need to get up every day and work for 8-12 hours.
You get up when you want, and go to bed where you want.
You beg for a an hour or two and get drunk and pass out in your own filth.

The mistake you make is thinking the Homeless want something else than what they have. Getting a shower every day, finding a place to live, paying bills, owning a car, and actually working is too much of a chore, and too much commitment. It won't last a week.
They will steal as much of your equipment as they can and fuck right off back to the puddle of vomit they crawled out of.

Sure

wow i would suck the dick of anyone who unironically said this shit to me in public and genuinely meant it

Sure, it's only money, and even very few people, even some of those in the top 5% of rich and successful people won't understand (but those in the top 1% will) this fact -

Money doesn't go anywhere.

Shhh, don't tell everyone, most won't understand anyway.

Let me give you a scenario - I give you a couple bucks, shit, let's call it a hundred bucks, which is small change I give out to homeless people often.

Where does the money go?
It's still on the planet, it's still in the system, and it will eventually return to me.

I think of it as my own form of 'injecting money into the economy' -

Maybe the bum buys a Subway sandwich, a few beers - cool, I have shares and investments in both - perhaps I'll shill those products -
'Why not get yourself a nice cold Bud?' (or some other AB brand?) 'don't forget a pack of gum, though, nobody likes bad breath lit could hurt your chances' (I have shares in Wrigley's) the shopkeepers profits spike from tramps spending random $100+ amounts, he has money to take his wife to the cinema this evening, he's got extra room for gas money, which is good, since I have oil shares, and shares in Sony-Columbia, which makes the picture he sees, and he tells ten friends and customers to go see it.

Later on, he has a couple of bucks spare, which he gives to the homeless guy outside his store, who then spends it in his store on a Bud and a stick of gum, because he gets a better ROI when he doesn't stink of beer breath.
This is a totally fictional scenario, but you get the idea....

>This is actually what NEETs think

As we move towards a more cashless society, does anyone else think crime may increase as an indirect result? what becomes of the beggar who can no longer get an easy $5 a day to survive, because nobody has loose change anymore?
He will rob, con, steal or starve.

Yes, mental health is often how they end up homeless, and it can be created or worsened by being homeless. As for hiring them, I often have, and do, and know other business owners who do. Just remove them from customer service roles if concerned. I had to work with mentally unstable people, including bosses, as a wagecuck.
They may be autistic or suffering from depression. It can be very depressing being homeless. If you have, say, a service company doing landscaping or snow-clearing, grass cutting,

I also think you are underestimating how homeless people fall apart without a routine. Many are ex-war veterans, they may not process things very well, like making a loan application, or household management, since the army takes care of a lot of admin, they feed and clothe you, house you, there is support and facilities there. In the UK, something like 1 in 4 homeless people are ex-army. I don't know the US figures or elsewhere.

In fact, I remember Malcolm Gladwell covered this in an article, and one of his books - there was a war veteran who excelled if he had a routine, and supervision, but fell apart without any instruction or direction, and just got drunk and disorderly, etc

Having a job or work program gave him feedback and a structure - he was a Marine, he was used to being ordered around by seniors, but left to his own devices he was useless. There must be thousands like him, and there is untapped potential there.

>pretty comfy
Have you been homeless?
And unemployed?
And mentally ill?

I have, and now I'm not.
There are advantages to both options, but most who talk about homelessness have no experience of it. Feel free to try it out.

"Hey man, my car ran out of gas"
"Hey man, im heading to the hospital and i dont have enough for bus fare"
"hey man, my baby needs milk"

>Yeah, what's your bitcoin address?

>sorry i dont support niggers.

I wouldn't give a homeless person an important position, just something menial that I wouldn't want to do on my own otherwise.
>all this projection
This is why I'd rather hire a humble homeless man over a NEET who thinks he has it all figured out.

the beggar has become the voter, voting themselves insolvency and building the world on a prayer.

On the homeless,I work too hard to give money to people who do nothing for it.

>The mistake you make is thinking the Homeless want something else than what they have.

You're addressing the wrong person, I'm aware of that.

By comfy I meant routine.
When you go from having zero responsibility and accountability, to constant stress of actually having people expect you to show up for work day in day out, and having to worry about your daily overhead, or making rent or getting a car, or paying bills, and constantly being afraid of fucking it up and failing.
Homeless means you don't have to deal with any of that shit so its easy to hit the bottle and lapse back into it when things get hard and complicated.
Try and understand next time before getting mad.

Also, are you actually feeling superior because you were mentally ill and homeless and I never was? That's not anything to brag about.

No I gotta pay off my credit card maybe next time. Maybe. No promises. And stop asking me for cigarettes, I told you five times already that I don't smoke.

Nice scarcity mindset.
You won't make it.

>getting mad
Did I sound mad?
Because I wasn't.
Yes, like I said, there are advantages, and I genuinely met people who prefer it and managed it extremely well.
They were far more resourceful than I was, and I learned a lot from them.
There's also a lot of homeless or 'transient' people that you wouldn't even know were homeless.
Some make more effort to stay clean, sober, groomed and well dressed, but the odd drink or spliff takes the edge off being lonely, or trying to sleep in a doorway, on cardboard, etc can require some self-medication. I couldn't sleep without a spliff.

I wasn't bragging, just saying I know what I'm talking about,
I 'fucked up' as you put it, three times in my life, and was homeless because of it.
You may have more freedom in some ways, the accountability, responsibility, the grind, all that is gone, but to say you have no problems, or less problems, is wrong, you just have different problems. Like how to eat, sleep, clean, stay safe, etc - If you have any medical issues, mental issues, addictions, or low IQ, those problems compound each other.
You can be ignored, harassed, arrested, moved on, etc

In almost every country based on English Common Law, you can be arrested or detained or jailed for vagrancy - defined as being 'at large with no means of support'