Just got pulled into a meeting and was told by my director that the owner of the company I work for has an issue with...

Just got pulled into a meeting and was told by my director that the owner of the company I work for has an issue with me wearing bowties.

This is his company and I certainly respect his wishes and will oblige, but I found it rather an odd request. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around this and thought I would ask if anyone else has had similar experiences? His rationale is nothing more than he personally doesn't like them and since I have started wearing them more frequently others have began to follow suit. Not sure what to think but it appears that the bow ties will be retired at the office for the moment. Thanks for reading fellas and I hope all are having a great day.

If I owned a company, I'd also ban bowties. I don't understand why anybody would think that they're appropriate in a professional setting. They're not professional. Wearing a bowtie is literally the same as wearing a tuxedo to the office.

wear this one next time

you can only get away with bowties if you are an eccentric college professor or a fashion label owner

>Wearing a bowtie is literally the same as wearing a tuxedo
No it's fucking not. Even if it were, why should an entitled cunt have a say on what other people wear as long as it's not anything offensive

cause it's his company
welcome to dress codes

If it was a woman and she was told to only wear short skirts, there would be problems.

I would’ve fired you for being a faggot. You’re lucky you even got a chance.

Are you autistic? Because its his company. I would also ban bowties, they are casual wear and look unprofessional

Entitled cunt? Its your boss I wouldnt even want people like you in my company you should be happy you got that job in the first place

Top kek, enjoy high staff turn over in your imaginary power trip.

wearing a bowtie makes you a faggot

you are a faggot

congrats

Haven't had a similar experience but that's because I've never tried to wear any bowties to work in the first place. Wrong register unless you're an academic. I don't think it's an odd request as such; it makes sense. Bowties aren't in the businesswear register; it's as off as wearing a tan or light blue suit to the office. However the motivation you described is certainly weird, since it seems like your boss is ignorant of the dress code as such and just applying his personal taste. Maybe he just lacks the vocabulary to express what's wrong with them so he has to resort to saying they feel grating, though?

In any case your decision to oblige is certainly the right one, and would be even if you weren't wrong on the technical point here. You've certainly done nothing wrong in the sense of being culpable.

>I would also ban bowties, they are casual wear
You on the other hand are a retard. Bowties are *more* formal than ties, not less; that's what makes them weird in a business setting. Modern businesswear is an older form of casualwear that got calcified as a kind of uniform for Reasons.

You people all need to stop trying to be specialbois at work, for fuck's sake. It's a JOB. WEAR THE UNIFORM! Be Veeky Forums on your own time, you nutters.

And, Christ, not only are you being a specialboi at work but you're having some kind of crisis because your boss told you to stop being weird?
How did you even find someone that would employ you?

>bowties look like shit
>only fratboys and people with bad taste wear them

your boss is more Veeky Forums than you and is worried about the shitty image you're projecting about his company

you should listen to him because he knows more than you

i hope you get fired.

I do know that bowties by some are perceived as being 'comical' or 'mocking' (think Peewee Herman or the stereotypical clown outfit). Can't say for sure in your case...

Probably because you look like a fucking clown wearing a bowtie at work.

Start wearing bolo ties instead to fuck with him

if pic related is what you'd consider inspo, you probably dress like shit and he was doing you a solid while keeping you from dragging down the firm's image t b h

Wear a bolo then, bolos need to come back

>dissing Drake's

Swallow more cum

>be you
>think bowties would look good in a professional setting
>get called in by your boss and be embarrassed in front of everyone when they see you stop wearing bowties after that
fairy ass faggot

>I have started wearing them more frequently others have began to follow suit

He's clearly a leader

I used to wear bow ties when I worked maintenance. Don't want your tie getting caught in a machine.
Sucks he's trying to stifle you. Then again, that's what offices do.

Or your penis doesn't get hard for any reason.

And given the request, it's clear this boss sees him as a threat. If he doesn't halt this trend, he'll just get fired.

What a bummer. Boss must be real fucking bored if he has time to worry about your tie.

>choosing a bowtie instead of a tie

How to spot a homo faggot 101

Start wearing ascots just to fuck with him.

Report him for sexual harassment

Your boss did you a favor. Bowties are R*ddit tier. Next you're going to say that Clark's desert boots are formal, professional wear.

You are allowed to wear a bow tie if and only if:
>you are wearing a tuxedo
>you are gay, and your outfit is casual
>you are lesbian, and your outfit is casual
>you work at a #menswear boutique, wear colorful socks and tweed, and probably are gay

Bow ties are not fucking business attire, ever

Self checkout dude at my local walmart wears bowties everyday, hes a bald asian.

My man

Lmao who the fuck wears a bow tie to work.
Faggot

Some people get rather strange ideas that certain articles of clothing "mean" something. I used to wear bow ties fairly often; what it "meant" was, I like bow ties. Still, I think there were those who didn't really accept that and thought I was "signaling" somehow.

I think they just stand out a bit - probably because people never learn how to tie them and most adults realize at some point a clip on bow tie is something mostly meant for children. For that reason they are not very common (especially in todays tie-less trend) and therefore tend to stand out.

Your boss is a loser.

It means either you look bad/unprofessional and he's concerned for the company image (which seems possible if others are now all of a sudden starting to wear bowties, because you're oh so fashionable) or he just doesn't like you.

This. But you might get fired if it's the latter above.

W HA T J A C K E T IS TH AT

Jesus what is it with cunts with pyramid shoulders getting jackets without strong padding?

drakes.com

>drakes.com
>Those prices

What the shit man, Not worth the clout at all.

Bowties are for formal dress, environments dangeorus for a regular tie such as workshops or labs (hence the "professor" bowtie look), and hot environments and according suits or jackets (to let the air pass thru the gaps between buttons of the shirt).

Period.

silly wagie, you're not allowed to go against the grain, put your noose back around your neck and be a good little slave like everyone else

You can find alternatives from other places

It's just a regular grey herringbone tweed sportcoat, my dude, it's a trad and ivy menswear staple and you should be able to find a used one in good shape on ebay or anywhere for like $40-50 at most, or a new one literally anywhere that sells tweeds for cheaper than the Drake's one (that price is just retarded, getting one from e.g. harristweedshop.com would cost you 1/4 of that and you're basically guaranteed to get one in better quality. Drake's are charging full-bespoke-tailoring prices for an OTR item and that's how you know they're a shitfactory selling on brand recognition and not quality).

He’s probably a math professor at night

this is an imageboard for fashion not officewear kindly fuck off

>that's how you know they're a shitfactory

They're not. All their items are 100% made in England. Their ties are 100% made in London.

OP is confirmed autistic and wears bowties to a) stand out in an obscure way and b) thinks it's cool to use tiny details to express how different he is

My gentlemen of color.

>All their items are 100% made in England
Bruh, their herringbone sportcoat says right on the description page that it's made in Italy. They also *boast* that it's an American-Ivy sack coat -- no lining, no structure, i.e. bragging about all the work you didn't do. It's indefensible to ask $1100 for that, Harris tweed coats just like it sell for like forty quid up Portobello Road.

Drake's is what hypebeast garbage looks like when it grows up.

like where???