Does having a "good" name effect your career or business opportunities?

Does having a "good" name effect your career or business opportunities?

I can't imagine John Smith stands out very much.
On the other hand, DeAngelo Shabazz stands out for all the wrong reasons.

Pic slightly related. James Bond was originally supposed to be a bland name for a bland hero, but the character changed and the name now sounds smooth instead of flat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottomar_Rodolphe_Vlad_Dracula_Prince_Kretzulesco
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Change to Heebie Kikeburger and watch the money roll in.

>Does having a "good" name effect your career or business opportunities?
Yes. People remember "good" names first when hiring for a job, or looking for a contractor or shit like that.

A good name reflects your upbringing, and increasing the chance of you being a trustworthy person.

Yes, that's why swindler love to take "good names".

Christophe Rocancourt renamed himself Rockefeller, De Laurentiis, etc. to inspire trust and defraud a ton of rich people. They believed him in spite of his bad manners, mediocre English skills, thug tattoos, etc.

Depends where you live in the world desu
Best bet is to try to find a fashion designers name; they always sound good and you might know them subconsciously e.g.
Mario valentino, Georgiano, Roberto, Emillio
Ofcourse these are Italian names and only sound good if you look italian ans italians are actually not common e.g. London
Im sure in new york they might no stand out as much
But fashion designers literally change their names to sound fashionable

Yes absolutely, name is destiny

leonardo decaprio
ronald raegan
george costanza
etc etc countless others

I need to adopt a based surname, mine is literally cuck tier

I share my name with a high profile murderer. Shit's fucked.

Joel? Maybe you should change your name to O.J.

Consider translating it.
E.g. turn James into Jacques, Jacob/Jake, or Giacomo.
Most traditional names have multiple variations that sound completely different.

...And surnames usually have literal meanings.
-ton could become -ville or -burg, for example.
Taylor could become Sartre/Sartore or Schneider/Snyder.

>brb want to become actor in hollywood
>change name to Nathaniel Goldstein
>instahired.jpeg

I have a fucking habib name. And I'm white

Lol this post. He figured out halfway through that all those names are Italian and spent the rest if the post trying to salvage his shitty idea

My dad changed my last name right before I turned 18. Added "Scots" to the beginning of it because he said he wanted to start his own "clan". Every single person I give my last name to can't understand it. They think it must have some kind of exotic spelling, or theres a hyphen or a space involved. It's infuriating and I know it will affect my job prospects at least a little bit. Changing my name back after my dad dies because I don't want to upset him.

>tfw your name is John Smith

I'm just a drone

>changing your name because of "job prospects"
>not starting your own clan with your daddy-o

Fag

This desu oni famalam

I had highschool friend who was actually named John Doe, no idea what his parents were thinking

Asian here. I legally changed my name to an English sounding name & people started taking me seriously.

I can't stress enough that if your name is Sukhdeep Pahjeet or something like that, no recruiters will give you a call back.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottomar_Rodolphe_Vlad_Dracula_Prince_Kretzulesco

>Does having a "good" name effect your career or business opportunities?
Definitely. My last name is the same brand as a hard liquor and people automatically assume I'm some kind of badass when really I'm a total pussy who would run from a fight, run out of breath, and get the shit kicked out of me 11/10 times.

>pajeet
plenty of call backs from microsoft

Honestly your name is probably less important than knowing the difference between affect and effect

There is a Sukhdeep who works at my closest Carmax.

I lol'd a little when I saw it on the list of employees.

No shit.
>Vaguely Indian?
>HIRED!

Yes.
Ask Ramon Estevez (Martin Sheen)
Or Carlos Estevez (Charlie Sheen)
Or Emilio Estevez (who? Exactly. He dun goofed)
Ask Peter Hernandez (Bruno Mars)
Or Sean Carter (Jay-Z)
Or John Wayne (Marion Morrison)
Or Sean Combs (Puff Daddy, P Diddy)
Or Friedrich Trumpf (Later Fred Trump, Donald Trump's Grandad)
I could go on...

Authors, artists, actors, all do it, either to separate works (guys write romance under female names, girls write Sci-Fi under guys name, due to bias)
It can also help draw a line under your own persona.

I am soon planning to change my name because I hate it. I have a name that is popular in Ireland, due to Irish heritage, but people think is French (there is a Celtic tribal connection to Brittany in France, I believe) it's bad enough I have a mixed heritage, was born and live abroad.
I am way more successful than I was as a teenager and up until 30, and don't want to associate with the fuck-up I was, or be found by any of the losers I used to associate with.

Also, Joanne Rowling (JK Rowling) wanted her Harry Potter books to appeal to young boys, since the main character is a boy, so used a unisex name.

Eric Bishop (Jamie Foxx) experimented with various unisex names that sounded feminine (Toni, Marion, etc) when doing standup comedy, as he realized comedy clubs always had a shortage of female comics, but the bookings had no gender details or photos, just the name. He immediately got more bookings, based on nothing else, because there would be endless guys but only a handful of females.

It's more of a Norman thing, Mr. D.

I'd add Maurice Micklewhite to the list, also known as Michael Caine. Gives Marion Morrison a run for his money.

>It's more of a Norman thing, Mr. D.

Huh?

Also, I'll see your Michael Caine and raise you a Jerry Dorsey (Englebert Humperdick) but in this case he was going for effect, and a memorable name.