Walked into Walter van Beirendonck today, that was wacky. Have you ever met any designers IRL?

walked into Walter van Beirendonck today, that was wacky. Have you ever met any designers IRL?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Van_Beirendonck
concrete.nl/collections/walter-van-beirendonck/products/walter-van-beirendonck-gloves-jacket-blue-checks
waltervanbeirendonck.com/HTML/home.html?/HTML/COLLECTIONS/SS2018/video.html&1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Van_Beirendonck

Walter van Beirendonck is one of the "Antwerp Six" that graduated in 1980 from the Royal Arts Academy in Antwerp, alongside Dirk Van Saene, Dries Van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester, Marina Yee and Dirk Bikkembergs

He was SUPER down to earth and chill, we only exchanged a few words before I got scared to waste any more of his time
Afterwards hurried to CONCRETE, a store which holds his stuff.

concrete.nl/collections/walter-van-beirendonck/products/walter-van-beirendonck-gloves-jacket-blue-checks

Apparantly he had stopped by there in the past once

conceptually crazy runway shows but cool usage of colour which I wish to be able to pull off.

waltervanbeirendonck.com/HTML/home.html?/HTML/COLLECTIONS/SS2018/video.html&1

probably a favourite piece of mine

nice

didn't realize he was so short

My dad worked at a museum where he had an exposition back in 2001. I got a sweater with zippers on the shoulders of walter for free (I was 11 at the time). Wish I still had it, would probably be worth some money...

I interned for a super small startup and hung out with the designer/owner during their first season - she later got a Vogue feature.

My friend has her own brand, and she makes jackets out of discarded old curtains from Parisian hotels. She used to do prints for Henrik Vibskov before she made her own business. She met Yves when he was still alive(she was like 8 years old tho, but still shaked his hand).

Recently met a girl who met Dries at a book signing few months ago.

I've met and exchanged pleasantries with Anne Sofie Madsen two times, tho. She has the most intense eyes ever.

That's a DAMN fine coat he's wearing. Custom or manfactured? Waterproof? How's it breathe?

no idea, but it looks like it comes from recent. the buckle looks like stuff from ss18

You Belgian mate? Cuz i know he teaches at Antwerp school

Awesome to hear that he's a nice guy

he looks like hea judging your fit megatively

I always like his pieces conceptually and there's a lot about his overall style that's really appealing and taps into what is magical about that kind of club kid / rave culture, but he almost always loses me in the execution. that glove jacket is a good example of that for me - I like it a lot, but maybe it feels like it's missing something or could have been done better? idk.

like, to me his stuff always looks a LITTLE sloppy, the fit is either SLIGHTLY too tight or too loose, or he will use what feels like too bold and ugly a colour and it just prevents me from getting into it even though I know that's kind of the point of his style.

Live and work in Antwerp as an editor; have met Walter van Beirendonck, Jan Jan van Essche and Raf Simons briefly.

as with all "high fashion" it looks like a gay man's tasteless mocking parody of some subculture because that's exactly what it is

i see you albert

editor of?

Subbacultcha. It's a dutch platform.

He was in Amsterdam, but I spoke Dutch to him :)
yea crazy cool
>Megatively
;-; Walter noticed me at least you bitch
that's cool, why did you meet them for?
Holy cow!

I love his stuff! It's playful and fun. It manages to be strange and unique without being pretentious. Even with how impractical many of his designs are, I still regularly see pieces I'd really like to own.

Haven't met any designers myself.