London Fashion?

So I'm a 25 yo American male at uni in London. I'm from suburban New Jersey, but tell people NYC. My usual dress is a graphic tee (band shirt, star wars, etc.), hoodie, jeans and adidas trainers. Casual wear for a guy who goes to rock concerts. I think this is appropriate for NYC, but everyone here in London seems way more upscale. I like my style though, so should I worry about it or adapt?

Other urls found in this thread:

bradford.gov.uk/open-data/our-datasets/population/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start slow, buy cheap stuff, and see if you like it.

Go to a thrift store and grab a couple casual button down shirts for no more than like $10 each and see how you like them.

Put your thumb out of your pocket, it sends a subconscious sexual message since your thumbs are directed at your dick, it's seducation stuff look it up

1) you're not from NYC, you're from NJ and this is clearly reflected in your confidence level of how you dress. Own whatever you wear and only wear things you like. If you feel inspired by the London style, learn from it, but don't copy it or you'll look like a try hard.

2) Euros tend to dress more "elegantly" and young Londoners apply a grungy vibe to this aesthetic. This is my opinion though. I'm studying fashion in Florence and I've kind of gathered this. Feel free to disagree.

3) You will never be accepted as an American in Europe or any other part of the world really. I've found this to be consistent in Europe and Asia. People will be nice to you, but will also project their retarded opinions about Americans on you. The difference between Asia and Europe though is that Europeans will materialize this in some way. Especially the British.

All in all, Adapt or die, but don't expect it to be anything easy.

Those highwaters are laughable. Your socks shouldn't be showing unless you bend your knee.

yeah pick up one of those dresses muslims wear lol

in all seriousness british people dress just as shitty as people anywhere i dont know what youre on about

Haha lol

>I'm from suburban New Jersey, but tell people NYC

yeah both columns are unacceptable

London one is completely inaccurate now.

Wrong.

>The guy with the Independencia t-shirt

nice shirt

throwing some doubt at that brummie stat

Outside of London the majority of people dress like shit. The main thing I notice in London is that everyone tends to wear a whole lot more black, so I guess you could start with that.

I guess you could also stop wearing shitty graphic pop culture tees like the star wars one you mentioned, or band tees that anyone will have heard of, but that will apply to anywhere in the world desu.

do bradford

>from New Jersey

>tell people NYC
Imagine being so vapid that you lie about your hometown to seem more interesting

>I like my style
>should I be fretful about fitting in with peer pressure like a humongous limp-wristed faggot, or do what I like?
Gee, that one's tough. Wonder which is more stylish.

That said though if you did decide that you wanted to do trad menswear or some shit there's basically no better place on Earth for thrifting it than London.

Slavs exist so it's not
"The population of Bradford is ethnically diverse. The largest proportion of the district’s population (63.9%) identifies themselves as White British. The district has the largest proportion of people of Pakistani ethnic origin (20.3%) in England."

bradford.gov.uk/open-data/our-datasets/population/

It's funny how Bradford is more white than America

Meant to reply to him about Bradford.

The Birmingham stats are from 2011 unfortunately, it's definitely over 50% still.

How do you mean by 'grungy' - like the vintage sportswear/chav clothes thing, or like legit kurt cobain core

What the fuck?

Don't adapt. Jus do u senpai