luckyscent.com/
theperfumedcourt.com/
surrendertochance.com/
perfumista.co.uk/
ausliebezumduft.de/fragrances.html
---
on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

is there any kind of "woody" scent that just smells like wood and spices but none of that other shit?
I just want to smell like wood and cinnamon goddammit

I'm starting to think fragrances is just a massive circle jerk.

I bought this after looking at so many positive reviews.

Honestly it just smell like laundry detergent or fabric softener.

The best fragrances are probably the generic ones sold to the lowest common denominator

this
tobacco vanille smells like play-doh

I'm going to buy insurrection pure II

then if thats shit I'm sticking to mall/retail store/chemist/pharmacy tier fragrances

you can make your own you fucking autists
you literally just buy essential oils online and mix them with some perfumer's alcohol
smell exactly like you want you fucking retards

it's literally $15 and smells exactly like aventus except it's weak. there is no downside to buying it

nah dude dont be a cunt and sample shit yourself

Fragancers, help me

Acqua di Gio profumo, Bvlgari Aqua Amara, Armani Code Profumo and Chanel Allure Homme Sport eau extrême(this one is the worst) smell like rotten bergamotes with dog piss on my skin.

It's such a fuckin shame, I loved their scents on paper, but on my arm it stinks so bad and I don't even know why.

On the other hand, Versace Eros and Dior Sauvage smell even better on my skin. Eros on me is absolutely phenomenal, and most sweet fragrances on my skin seem to be enhanced.

What's this? Pleb genes at its finest? Can my diet or skin care routine change that? I really like the mentioned fragrances

Why is Prada l'homme so good??? Got my nose on that, as well as l'eau d'issey. Both are fantastic!

Is it okay if I still wear Fierce form Abercrombie and Fitch?

help me decide, ysl l'homme intense? ysl la nuit de l'homme? or ysl la nuit de l'homme intense?

>that pic

try Invasion Barbare and stop wearing fucking garbage

nice streak of fucking pleb garbage lmao

Well, this thread's off to a good start...

Question: I mostly wear niche stuff, but I've been looking for a decent powdery-sweet chocolate kind of scent, and a shop here currently has Valentino Uomo on sale for 50%. Is it any good? Worth copping for €30?

What is the best scent from Comme des Garcons?

Hard Mode: No 2Man
Really Hard Mode: No 2Man, No Wonderwood
Extreme Mode: No 2Man, No Wonderwood, Nothing from the Incense line, No Hinoki

I don't know about Valentine Uomo, but there's one called "Bittersweet" from "Tokyo Milk", it's discontinued but really damn nice. Definitely has the "Powdery" vibes you're looking for

Demeter's Devils Food is supposed to be similar

Well, doesn't need to be super powdery, just sort of a nice chocolate that doesn't have a ton of citrus or other shit dumped on top of it like most chocolate scents seem to be. The hazelnut note seems interesting, too. I do love hazelnuts and they do smell pretty good. Dunno how it'd smell on me, though.

considering copping BdC EDT as a safe, clean work scent for a waiting job (just one spray on my chest or back of neck for faint projection)
It being considered "generic" is what's stopping me and making me consider Edition Blanche instead...

I really like Sauvage but I think it's expensive and not distinctive enough.

What other frags would I like?

anyone rocking helmut?
I love this scent

I don't much care for Sauvage, personally, but people, please, stop using a fragrance's popularity as a reason to not wear it. Way less people than you think wearfragrance regularly, of those, very few know fragrance well enough to be able to pick out a particular fragrance on another person, particularly given how different frags can smell on different people. I'm a fragrance sperg and have been for years, I own dozens of bottles of all kinds of obscure niche stuff and designer alike, and I still can't pick out particular fragrances on other people like 95% of the time.

If you like it, wear it. Other people are not going to notice you're wearing a popular fragrance, I promise.

To the guy from the last thread, I get a slightly smoky birch with a really really salty ambroxan in the base, much saltier and better smelling than the one in Sauvage. Batch 8/17 from France. Smells incredible IMO

contributing nothing to the discussion, spitting petulance and being a huge faggot. (You)

except for 1 million

I own more full bottles of perfume than I will be able to finish in the balance of my lifetime. Out of all of these, Bleu EdT is still my second-most worn scent. Don't mistake versatile for unremarkable.

how is the longevity/projection?

Gotta agree with this, even my friends who are into cologne ask what I'm wearing from time to time even when they're popular pleb choices like Invictus. If you wear Dior Homme or Terre D'Hermes no one will know what you're wearing at all, and these are popular choices as well.

>citing batch numbers for a shitty budget Arabic clone fragrance
>parroting circlejerk fragrantica / YouTube reviews
>casually shit talking whichever scent is trendy to hate on at the moment
The current state of Aventus dick riding, folks.

I sprayed it on at 7:30 PM last night after i got home from work, ate and showered. Showered again this morning at 7 am, and I can still smell it strongly on my chest and wrists. So that's 11.5 hrs of longevity on skin with a shower as well. The shirt I wore yesterday still smells like it.

Guys, this latest France batch smells more like Aventus than Montblanc Individuel smells like Original Santal. The lemon pledge top note that everyone complains about smells like lemon candy or a lemon jolly rancher to me and isn't even harsh, and lasts all of 15 minutes before that smoky woodiness comes in.

Anyone else find this bottle and branding in incredibly bad taste considering all the spree shootings were getting monthly.

How mad are you? I will never buy Aventus because CDNIM is literally 10x cheaper and after 15 minutes smells exactly the same.

>spending $450 on toilet water
Cuckold

>never got complimented on odeur 71
only by my mom. i think 1 spray is just not enough, it's probably gone as i leave the house.

Is it Veeky Forums to use old spice or axe very very sparingly?
Like so little that you hardly notice it?

Poorfag with a poverty nose detected. You and those like you undermine the validity of this general's recommendations.

>Move to a new apartment
>Trying to make it smell nice in a hurry

So, what exactly do essential oil diffusers do? Why are they better than traditional incense burners or candle warmers?

Skip the essential oils and just wear strong perfumes whenever you are at home, especially when you are going to sleep at night. The scents get into your bedsheets and permeate your home life. The first thing I smell when I open my front door is a mélange of the scents I've been wearing around the house lately. It's cozy and familiar and welcoming.

I can't tell if my nose is shit or if my fragrances are turning to shit because when I first bought my fragrances they lasted ages on my skin. Then after the first couple of sprays, no matter what fragrance I use, I can barely smell it after 5 minutes.
I know you can just get used to the smells but even after regular rotation every fragrance is the same. Is it just my nose getting used to every single one I own? Can other people still smell it? Or are all my frags duds

Amsterdam fag here: funny story about that, actually. I visited a very nice, curvy (real curvy, not fat) Bulgarian girl today. You should've seen the tits on this girl, a solid E cup and they were either the most perfect naturals I've ever seen, or the best done fakes in history.

Any rate, she asked about my cologne, as many of these girls seem to, and told me she loves perfumes and is always buying so many new ones. This led to a 20 minute conversation (I'd already finished st this point, so I didn't mind) about fragrances, niche brands, common designer stuff, etc. We got to talking about frags he don't like, and she specifically mentioned that she hates One Million and hates when guys come in covered in the stuff because it stinks her room up for the rest of the day.

So there you go, I guess. Even actual prostitutes would rather not fuck you while you're wearing One Million.

No. Not even a little. Old Spice, maybe I could see the original old school stuff, but I don't think it exists anymore in any sort of recognizable way.

Axe is a hard no under any circumstance. It's the fragrance equivalent to socks with sandals.

Bleu. Sauvage reminds me of Bleu more than anything else. It isn't exactly the same or anything but i get the same feeling.

Try Bergamust by Gallagher. It's a very smooth aquatic-citrus frag with a good hit of ambroxan, almost no one even knows it exists, and it's a very crowd pleasing yet complex scent. Very good performance, too.

Go back to your vacation, Daniel.

Comme des Garcons Wonderwood

Wonderoud

nobody can tell the differences unless they are a sperg like you. maybe you can make up your lack of social life with expensive liquids.

>Others' tastes must be as pleb as mine
Keep on wearing the Arabshit and funding terrorism, boss. Less competition for those of us with actual standards.

I mean, there's no real competition... like, people aren't buying up bottles of Aventus faster than Creed can make them. You're never not going to be able to buy a bottle of Aventus if you want one.

Just saying.

what does it smell like? ive been wanting to get it

have the same problem mate. Bump

The competition is on the street / in the club. The competitors are young men and the prize is pussy.

Start using antibacterial / deodorant soap.

You are the most pathetic kind of "man". Please kill yourself.

>he thinks wearing his 450.00 smelly water is going to make girls want to fuck him

I'm LMAO @ ur life

>smelly water
technically it's smelly alcohol

Fair enough.

Spoken like a true beta virgin.

But you watch and praise Jeremyfragrance. That faggot says the exact same thing.

Testing out Reflection man right now, like it. Smooth, classy, relaxing. I'm not really good at picking notes apart behind the main note but If I look at fragrantica I think it's sandalwood that I'm smelling because it reminds me a bit of PdM pegasus but without the almond stuff going on.

>b-but getting pussy is the only thing that matters, brah!

Confirmed for under 25. Also, only people who aren't getting sex regularly make that big a deal out of sex.

Yeah, Reflection and Pegasus are fairly similar. Pegasus is a bit "dirtier", Reflection is cleaner and smoother. I get a lot of orris root in Reflection, personally.

Both are nice, I prefer Reflection, though. I think it's just a little more elegant and sophisticated.

Hey bro, I don't think you have to call people faggots just because you disagree with them. Jeremy just hit 200,000 subscribers and he is killing it with the fragrance army. He is on the peak of his life and you sound a little bitter bro, just be happy and follow your dreams

He's the sort of guy who thinks sex is everything and he's in constant competition with other dudes and is so insecure that he needs to wear 450.00 cologne that smells 90% similar to one you can buy for 30.00 so he can talk down to people in order to feel validated. Of course he's bitter. He must have an awful life. He's probably some impotent little cog in some company who knows he's just a little bitch and lashes out at people on the internet to feel like a big man.

Just ignore that dipshit.

Go take a nap, Jeremy.

t. kissless virgin

Reminder that you must be over 18 to post, even on blue boards

Fukken savage.

Only dudes who aren't getting any constantly accuse others of being virgins.

Take your cringe elsewhere.

what’s pure xs like? just wondering

You're the cringiest poster here since Samplesperg.

I dub thee: Aventussperg.

I'm not even fond of Aventus is the best part. It's just that CDNI is so terrible and cheaply made that I have to call the shills out for what they are - poseurs.

Yeah i agree. I think I went to bloomingdales to sample creed and I was thoroughly disappointed about how similar they are. MI is growing on me though

>forming opinions on fragrances based on a single in-store testing
>presenting said opinions to others on a Korean fashion forum

Spoiler: Creed doesn't really have a distinguishing style or base which runs throughout its product line and most of their scents are relatively distinct.

>shills

I dunno, you sure do seem like a Creed shill. It's almost like companies don't actually market here, since it's an obscure board on an anonymous Bhutanese snake charming board full of spergs no one cares about and people here just have different opinions about fragrances.

Couldn't be, though.

MI or aventus tonight lads

How so? Have you even smelled it? Or are you basing your opinion off of a random person's post on the internet?

Please tell me in what world the sillage from CDNIM and Aventus are discernible from eachother

I own bottles of both as well as every Aventus clone besides the Al Haramain. CDNMI only smells similar to Aventus after three plus hours. Deep drydown is the only time you could expect to fool someone familiar with both scents.

Specific differences: CDNMI lacks any vanilla or rose whatsoever, both of which are detectable in my 2014 Aventus bottle. It also replaces pineapple with a harsh, foul smelling lemon.

The only thing CDNI manages to capture well is the smoky birch tar, again in the drydown.

My main problem with people who have only minimal experience with the original fragrance but insist on presenting CDNMI as all of Aventus at one tenth of the price. It's like hearing casual wine tasters offering up high praise for the two dollar Syrah they copped at Trader Joe's. "If you decant it and let it air out all day and only drink it with the right cheese it's really great, you should serve it at your next party, nobody can tell it's a cheap two buck Chuck!"

People who can tell the difference can really, really tell.

No, they can't. You're talking about tiny synthetic molecules diluted in perfumer's alcohol. Your brain is trying to justify a 10 fold increase in price because of "natural ingredients." You do know Creed uses ambroxan right? A bottle of Aventus costs at most 5 dollars to make. Creed has some of the most ridiculous markup of any brand in anything ever.

I would bet a thousand dollars on my ability to discern the difference between CDNMI and Aventus. Any day, any time. I could have a bad cold and seasonal allergies and correctly identify genuine Aventus one hundred percent of the time.

If you don't own bottles of both you are the one with less authority on the subject. I've emptied two bottles of Aventus and half a bottle of shitty CDNMI.

>CDNMI lacks any vanilla
seconding this, only had a 2.5ml samples of aventus but I clearly notice CDNMI lacks that smooth creamyness which I guess is vanilla that makes or breaks the complete package imo. Never smell any rose though.

It also lacks blackcurrant, which is the very best part of Aventus.

Just ordered a 6.7 ounce of Eros. What am I in for?

6.67 ounces of eros, accounting for evaporation desu

>plebs cannot tell the difference
color me surprised. yawn little pleb go somewhere else.

I dont want to smell masculine

But i also dont want people to think im a fag there an in-between?

sorry senpai, get to sucking cock

Arquist Nanban

thank me later

thought on Insurrection PURE II especially compared to CDNI

checked and tell us about samplesperg

unisex scents exist

Anyone have Montblanc Legend Night? How do you like it?

Valentino Uomo or Pure Tonka? I'm loving Pure Tonka based off my sample but don't know if I should sample Uomo before I consider getting a bottle.

never smelled tonka, what does it smell like?
every one i ask seems to say it smells like vanilla

It's not a story Veeky Forums would tell you. It's a sperg legend.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure why anyone would bother with CDNMI when Pineapple Vintage exists. It actually does smell a lot closer to Aventus, it does have vanilla, cassis, and pineapple, it has multiple versions, so you can choose a fruitier or smokies batch, and while it's more expensive than CDNMI, it's still quite affordable.

At least go with a quality clone if you don't want to pay Aventus prices (which personally, I can't justify either).

In fragrances, it mostly does smell like kind of a musty, musky vanilla. Actual tonka beans are much more interesting, though. I cook with them a lot and they taste and smell kind of like a mix of vanilla, almond, allspice, and cinnamon.

CDNI is 1/3rd the cost of pineapple vintage, you may as well just buy an aventus split if you're going to spend that much

Except an Aventus split is gonna be like 5-10mls and good batches might be more expensive, whereas PV is 100mls and is very consistent (that's the entire point of the brand).

Why are people still calling him samplesperg? Like sure there was a period of....heated discussion between a lot of /frag/ and him for a bit but I'd say that people trying to carry it on are more of a sperg than the former samplesperg phase.

Tldr; ex-samplesperg is a cool guy, spergs are trying to revive the past.

What type of fragrances do you prefer guys? I tend to go for floral-orientals with a couple of Chypre elements (like oakmoss and patchouli).

Not trying to revive anything. He was a part of this gen's history, a prominent character. I don't call him that now since he's actually started buying bottles and isn't constantly trying to talk down to people anymore. I think it's fair to make a comparison between current day spergs and Samplesperg. It's like how every boxer nowadays gets compared to Tyson or Ali.

No one's trying to start drama. Chill.

I like some orientals, mostly sweeter, spicier, or boozier ones. Roja Enigma is my favorite scent ever.

I like aquatics, but only relatively complex tones like Creed MI or Amongst Waves. Not a fan of ADG, for example. I find it too linear and not very interesting.

Gourmands are hit or miss, a few I really like, but a lot of them are vile to me. I like chocolate and vanilla notes, some sugar, some caramel or praline notes, but I can't stand, for example, A*Men. I do like Pure Malt, though.

Fougeres are mostly a no-go for me because while I like a lot of them, I seem to have a bit of a sensitivity to lavender, scents with prominent lavender notes give me a headache.