Genuinely regret buying these

Genuinely regret buying these
These boots look like the bastard son of cowboy boots and clown shoes
Just wanted to vent. Rip $300.

I own a pair in black and I like them very much :^)

Mind you I'm not auschwitz mode and have hobbit feet, may you just aren't Veeky Forums enough?

ive never seen a more numale boot in my life
f

I'm not auschwitz mode either, I lift and have pretty wide feet. They still look super out of place on me

What makes a boot a "numale" boot?

just see loads of numales in toronto with boots like that with cuffed jeans and denim shirts or plaid shirts lmao

ya RWs always look awful on anyone who isn't actually a grizzled construction worker

speaking as someone who fell for the iron ranger meme

they fit into the overall numale tendency to try superficially imitate a "masculine" appearance via fluffy beards and dressing like a gay parody of a lumberjack

this is the numale's attempt to compensate for his low testosterone and effeminate personality and body

those boots look fucking ridiculous, you deserve maximum ridicule until you eliminate them from your wardrobe

>I'm not auschwitz mode and have hobbit feet

>I'm fat and have a small dick

Same with your pic

I don't have these but I have the IRs
got them 2nd hand (originally purchased a year earlier) so I paid about half of retail.

They're really well made but they felt awkward af, I wasn't used to having boots with such a dominant roundish profile on my feet, they were really distracting so I only used them rarely.

I realized that what makes RW's reddit-tier is that they're the anti-thesis of fashion - a good style is something that radiates from your fit all while giving off an effortless nonchalant aura.
RW's feel fake because they're way too distracting, pretend to be workboots while everybody knows they're fashion boots, they mean that you probably did your research on r/goodyearwelt and wanted to get the lowest costing model that would still get respect from your fellow boot-autismos, that you have shoe-trees at home that you religiously make sure to insert daily so god forbid your "heritage work boot" doesn't lose shape or over-moisten.

Then I stopped over-caring for them, stopped cleaning them every time I came home and even used them as casual biking boots and very casually - just applied leather conditioner once every couple of months.
They achieved a way more natural brownish color than the reddish one they came in, toebox eventually started to lose its rigid shape, they started looking way more natural on my feet and I started getting compliments for them. They stopped being distracting and I was finally at peace with my purchase.

My point is - either sell them now and cut your losses or get ready for a fairly long breaking in period.

>stopped cleaning them every time I came home

People clean their boots everyday?? That's extremely homosexual..

I doubt they are any bulkier than lets say Timbs and they look perfectly neutral or even good on most guys.

Not to mention retarded. Understandable for someone new who wants to take care of their footwear investment (lol) but I always thought youre probably gonna wear them out more by obsessively cleaning them or something

I think I'm going to get the Beckman Oxfords in brown some time.

>oxfords

That's what RW calls them, I don't get how they're supposed to be Oxfords myself.

Americans call every laced leather shoe oxfords. Derbies bluchers and oxfords balmorals. Stupid americans

imagine what its like to be this bitter

hahahaha you think YOU have regret? when i got my inheritance from my dead uncle, I bought all the colorways of the iron rangers and beckmans. i bought 4 pairs of iron rangers (black, hawthorne, amber, charcoal) and 3 beckmans (black, brown, cherry) . and ive worn them like one time each. i hate them! rip $2500

congrats.

pics or it didn't happen.

ahhahahaha

Bait

I bought one too. And for brazilian standards it's a very, very expensive boots. I saw no confidence in them, and no one gave them compliments.

My thoughts exactly:
>RW's feel fake because they're way too distracting, pretend to be workboots while everybody knows they're fashion boots

I was worried that I wasn't taking proper care of them, now I will not do it anymore.

>I saw no confidence in them, and no one gave them compliments
Lmao. I cant cant even imagene how degenerate you are irl, my little brazziliio monkey boi.

what in the world possessed you to do so?

that's extra harsh. shouldn't south america have it's own leather industries with gauchos and whatnot?

yeah, the leather is great for work wear, but everything done here is super ugly.

ITT people discover the nature of fashion.

>Heritage work boots are fashionable.
>Buy a pair at the tail end of their fashionability.
>Heritage work boots become unfashionable.
>Go on Veeky Forums to complain about your unfashionable boots.

i was about to make the same thread about a certain pair of white leather sneakers is wasted 230 bucks on

>I realized that what makes RW's reddit-tier is that they're the anti-thesis of fashion - a good style is something that radiates from your fit all while giving off an effortless nonchalant aura.
I mean yeah, Reddit fashion is pretty bad for the reasons you listed, but Veeky Forums is arguably much worse. It's all the stupid things about Reddit--obsessing over a handful of brands or specific pieces because you know they're "approved", willingness to pay tons of money on those token items just to look like a retard because you don't actually know how to dress for your own appearance, neurotic behavior--but paired with a very unearned sense of superiority because instead of trying to dress like well-groomed normies, Veeky Forums insists on trying to look more "fashion forward", to the disastrous consequences you can see in any WAYWT thread. Plus like a third of the people here are dipshit white supremacists.

Long story short, if I had to choose I'd rather wear dumb leather boots that make you think I'm gonna corner you and talk about proper cast iron maintenance than a pair of Rick Owens goof troop moon shoes.

>dumb leather boots that make you think I'm gonna corner you and talk about proper cast iron maintenance
I really dont get this stupid meme about "working boots" and "workwear" in general. It seems like autism in its final form. Can you please explaine, what exactly tells you in this boots something simmilar to
>make you think I'm gonna corner you and talk about proper cast iron maintenance

TOP KEK

The fucking Rick meme is unironically the stupidest thing I've seen on this board, which is saying something.

it's not like all heritage boots are shit either but redwing just happens to be the brand that is generally considered as the lowest cost with acceptable quality
you want something with good design as well you need more money

It's fashion for 20- and 30-something men who spent their teen years neurotically discussing PC builds, programming languages, video game consoles, or any other hobby where you can try and figure out what's empirically "the best". Then they grew up and realized they dressed like shit and didn't know how to transition into an adult wardrobe so they approached fashion the only way they knew how: trying to empirically find the "best" physical items to put on their shapeless bodies. And in America, the strongest concept of high-quality items comes from a half-real, half-imagined time in the first half of the 20th century when manufacturing was still done here and items were "built to last" and men looked "dapper". Hence workwear, and the insecure dweebs who wear it.

God damn this is alarmingly accurate

t. 20 something who owns a pair of heritage boots

Normies complement them though and they're comfortable and practical enough, so I don't regret them. And honestly low end boots like red wings actually are pretty good price/quality, it's just that all the muh heritage posturing around that is crap marketing towards losers like me

Nah, i was asking about this Veeky Forums meme "workwear is bad, its reddit shills shit, i look like worker from 20th century". Nobody in reall world believs this shit, lmao. Nobody sees in redwings HERITAGE MENS WORK BOOTS execpt small group of internet idiots and marketing agents, they are just average good made boots. Sometimes they can look bad, if you cant even style them right, but its problem of those dumb fuckers who cant

You know you can just wear Red Wings like a normal human being, right?

You don't have to be some workwear weirdo, they're really generic ordinary guy boots

let me guess, you're neuro-atypical, right?

Thanks senpai I was having a bad night up to this point gave me a good laugh

I never understood the clown shoes comparison until I saw this picture.

Just sell them on Mercari and use the money the buy a better pair of cowboy/clown boots, OP

*to

bought the same beckmans as factory seconds, so i didn't pay nearly as much

have gotten many compliments and, they're serving me well as a good entry-level boot

honestly man, it's true that if you're confident about what you're wearing and act generally approachable, people are going to react better to your clothing. can't imagine how bad you must have embarrassed yourself to blame it all on your red wing beckmans.

Found those red wings from the 90's in a closet at home, 0$ and still a lot better than most of your shoes

small dicks are effay

What if you're actually a construction worker with scars all over your face?

those aren't fucking oxfords wtf is wrong with you.

>Heritage work boots are fashionable
this is not true. they never were. likewise brogued footwear has never been fashionable, it never will be, and all of this is just a huge mistake.

You wouldn't be a very careful-looking or easy-to-work-with construction worker then if you keep hurting yourself.
Looks like you haven't been on Veeky Forums long.

don't wear them with skinny jeans dickweed

If you really hate the Redwing silhouette though buy something else like Chippewa or even Thursday Boots if you can deal w/ the questionable leather clicking

Redwings are great shoes though. I think the Beckmans look worse than the Iron Ranger though.

This pic makes it look worse. His pants are too skinny with too clean of a break for one, But his feet are also tilted outwards.

Redwings have a bulbous toe, this shouldn't be new to anyone. I don't think it's an issue, and I actually think the shape is pretty attractive, you just need to be aware of it and not try to pair them with tapered pants or put them on a skeleton.

You also need to remember that Redwings are not edgy and will never be edgy. They are not fashion forward or trendy; workwear was super trendy for like 2 years in the early 10's but that passed a long time ago.

They are however still fashionable, in the sense that they look "good" and if you pair them with other good, well fitting clothes you will look put together.

Honestly this. Maybe im just not fashion minded enough, but some rick stuff is like you threw on Dads baggiest sweatpants, white ugg boots, and a fucking bedsheet toga. It cant be post-modern if it isnt relevant to modern clothing.

>They are however still fashionable, in the sense that they look "good" and if you pair them with other good, well fitting clothes you will look put together.

Worse/better can be argued but as someone who's been in an on/off relationship with Veeky Forums for way longer than I'd care to admit - regardless of how shit you say this place is; you're still here and there's a reason for it - people here speak their mind freely and with no filters; this place at its worst is still way more fun than mfa and at its best has way better tastes.

It might sound cringey and edgy but normies just aren't my crowd and I've never tried to fit in or impress them and to me that's /mfa/ - it's about helping the culturally-awkward fit in and tricking normies to think you're a slightly higher ranking member of them. To me those are the least enticing aspects of fashion.

im auschwitz mode, should i not use boots?

>he didn't read the sticky

Er, what is "Auschwitz mode"?

thursday boots bro. cheaper,still quality, and looks 2x better.

Best post of the month. Thanks for kek.

i just bought iron rangers last week. haven't worn them once

i'd rather wear sneakers tbqh

I wear iron rangers for work and I've never cleaned them, they look better like this to me anyway

>do a google image search for people wearing iron rangers
>literally everyone looks like they usually wear a fedora
>except for Bradley Cooper, but I think he got the boots for free

Holy Fuck that stance

and in almost every single pic, they are worn with jeans that are rolled up

manlet, how does he wear his pants so tight

are there any pics of guys who look good wearing these boots?

i've never seen one

Should have bought a cheap, similar pair to see if they suited you. Never go straight to the expensive ones.

does anyone look good in boots?

I like my Chippewas but not enough to upgrade

Those are not even oxfords, are derbies.

Fuck are those ugly. Truly clown shoes.

>viberg boots

Not in those...

But if you need a pair of boots for really bad weather (snow required if in town, since for rain in town chelsea boots are more than enough), you can get something like pic related.

its the short leg manlet stance

now i really do think i'm going to return them

other than jeans can you pair them with any other kind of pant?

does Bradley Cooper get iron rangers for free?

I have thse and holy shit I regret it. They are finally starting to look better with age and dirt but it's not good

Literally JUST sold mine this morning. Copped for $170 (factory seconds) and sold for $100, but wore for like 2-3 months first. Not too big of a loss.

They're kind of shit boots when you get down to it. No traction, too thin, damage and crease easily. Even for city office work these shits were too fragile. I got Timbs now and they blow this garbage out of the water. Fuck red wings.

this is fine

you're literally fucking retarded. they look wack until you wear them in. ive had my 9011s for 3 years now and they didnt look how i wanted them to look until about the 3rd month of wearing them.

i get a ton of compliments about them. not sure what you're doing wrong here but its not hard to stunt in these boots

only negroids wear large chunky boys like this. the entire huge chunky boot market is literally driven by gangster blacks

I like the Merchant boot a lot better than the IR or Beckman. They're not work boots, they're just boots.

Sorry but you shouldn't wear IR/Beckmans if you're over size 10. Of course they're gonna look clownish if you have big feet.

>size 10
>big feet

fucking manlets. all these years and you STILL haven't learned.

clown shoe posse
size 14 wassup

Just buy some decent british boots that don’t pretend to be workwear and you’ll be fine. Buying workboots when you don’t actually need them is just as pathetic as wearing hoodies of a university you never attended, wearing motorcycle jackets when you don’t own a motorcycle or buying distressed jeans with holes in them straight from the store

>or wears brogued derby boots when they aren't even an Irishman working in a muddy field