How do I look effay in university, without appearing overdressed?

How do I look effay in university, without appearing overdressed?

I'm asking because I overheard the conversation of two popular girls. They perceive a guy that often shows up in "business casual" sweaters as try-hard already.

Most people literally just wear t-shirts, jeans and hoodies on a day-to-day basis. I look like shit in them, because I'm the "intellectual-looking" type - tall, skinny, with an elongated head.

turtlenecks, wide pants, overcoats

denim jacket, harrington, chinos, casual button ups.

You can even wear tshirt jeans and hoodies and be effay if the fit is right.

I guess you're intellectual-looking and not intellectual because you're a dumbass.

You wear what they wear but you improve your posture, you get fit, get a better haircut, improve your complexion if you can etc.

>bwl

lmao, on spot

>tall, skinny, with an elongated head
ayyy

Law is even worse

Dubs say double polo senpai

imo it is dumbass to try and go for a look that isn't made for you, which highlights your flaws and hides your perks

some men look good in t-shirt and jogging hoodies, some never will

>two popular girls
what the fuck

T-shirts, jeans, and hoodies are fine, just make sure your outfits proportions are flattering on your body and you're not dressed in schlubby boot-cut jeans like Mark Zuckerberg or whatever. I think men's non-no magazine has some helpful examples of what I mean. Slim jeans with a comfortable sweater and some sneakers that could easily be acquired by any budget-friendly options.

More normal and not-tryhard outfits

yeah it's hard for us nihilistic guys, who still have wicked senses of humor, to dress well

ikr? i always get laughed in the street but i know they way i look makes me superior to these close minded sheeps

that's actually pretty nice fit
sleeves look bit short on the jacket and the john lennon look is kinda miss though

>"business casual" sweaters as try-hard already
what kind of shit school do you attend?

you look like that far right magiccuck and youtuber styxnhammer666

Most normies in college/university want to party. If you dress like pic related you look like a tryhard faggot. That's how you're supposed to dress after you get your degree and have a well paying job, not when you're a student who's supposed to be getting blackout drunk on the weekends and fucking slutty college stacys

>imo it is dumbass to try and go for a look that isn't made for you

This isn't a zoot suit we're talking about it's a t-shirt and jeans.
If you look like you have downs wearing a t-shirt and jeans you think there's anything you're going to do about that dressing up?
Get real and get fit, you're a nut case.

this is more how you should dress as a student

looks good
but you seem pretty fucking retarded and too self conscious to be rocking it
you could probs find a cool girl, rather than these lame hoes

w2c green parka

That's an anorak.

Dress how you like to. I probably overdress, but as long as you’re not rolling around with a suit, tie, and some oxfords, you’re fine.

w2c green anorak

whats the female version of this style?

Honestly I don't have good taste, but you look gay.

You look like how I picture Pierre Bezukhov when he's going around doing his mason shit

That's a parka.

Somewhat related but what do people think about blazer in university? Too overdressed or not?

I go to university dressing in colorly coordinated casual/running shoes + jeans + plain or minimal pattern shirts / polos / shirts + various jackets (cardigan, wool or cotton sweater, hoodie, varsity, parka, and running jackets are the only one I have now)

Basically just stuff I wear everyday but with a blazer as outer wear

American uni's. Place where dressing business casual is overdressing and tryhard. Why wear tshirts and jeans? Wear pijamas and slippers then. Fucking american cunts.

>oxfords
What if you’re the age of a grad student? I just do them casually with dark jeans.

w2c left shoes or something similar?

w2c parka

Be good-looking, that's fucking all there is to it

>dolichocephalic untermensch
>intellectual
Never understood this stereotype. All the greatest geniuses of Germanic civilization have been brachycephals, in some cases even extreme brachycephals, meanwhile, the most long-headed races are negroes from the heart of the congo and australian aborigines!

You look like a bitch

I thought John Lennon died in 1980.

What the fuck do you study?

Not OP but wondering about the same thing. I study psychology

Fuck em, who cares what they think. As long as it actually looks good and isn't totally inappropriate are you going to really take two random girls opinions and over analyze what they said? Why don't you just ask a girl what they think? Honestly in my experience girls don't know what they want from dudes. As long as your confident and it doesn't look like shit you should be fine.

OP is German

so subhuman

How old are you? The answer depends a lot on where you are and what level you are academically (by which I mean undergrad vs grad student vs professional student).

I attend a highly ranked private school as a graduate student and I dress in your standard sort of Ivy/prep style. Oxford button downs, shetland sweaters, nice jeans these days although I used to wear chinos a lot etc. It works well here, particularly because I go into the hospital frequently to speak with our clinical collaborators, but if you're an undergrad at a state school or something you'd probably look totally out of place.

Ultimately though you should dress how you like to. Dress in a way you think looks good and let that confidence bleed through into how you carry yourself. That's the whole point of fashion in my opinion: to feel good in the clothes you wear.

you look completely obnoxious

Lmao right

You're an idiot but here it goes. Make sure everything is well fitted to your body and frame. Work out a bit not enough to get swole but enough to look good naked. Next improve your posture. Stand up straight and shoulders back. Bam you'll look better than most even while wearing a t shirt and jeans. Now get out of here you moron.

>two popular girls
People at his age still think like this.

I thought "popular girls" were only a thing in highschool and below.
Dress how you like and be passive assertive or something. aka no virgin walk
Remember that you're paying for a higher education and have more important things to worry about than some roastie
and please don't tell me those are the kind of people who you're trying to appeal to. Someone who can appreciate your style or any fashion is much more worth your time.

john gaynon

>tfw high school dropout but i enjoy dressing business casual

i'm fit, my clothes fit, i eat well and the confidence boost is worth it. fuck off.

That's the spirit man.

grad student level is another beast entirely

I think I know what happened

If you want to dress business casual, dress business casual. Wear it confidently and you'll be fine.

you're probably right except you have no idea what business casual is

That sweater would qualify for business casual,as would the pants. The only thing he needs is a collared shirt under the sweater

Lol. Those are all normal casual clothes. Business casual doesn't mean anything

>business casual

>Grey flannel trousers
>casual

I think you may be retarded.

>Words don't mean anything!

Business casual may mean different things depending on the job.

this

dress like you want, why the fuck do you want to impress some vapid stacys anyways you idiot. dress how you want and with confidence. i dress really different from everyone at my school so when people like my outfit it usually means we have similar interests and stuff.

I almost exclusively wear oxford shirts and jeans. Sometimes with a sweater and sometimes not.

flannel trousers and especially that jumper are casual. you don't go to a fucking wedding in a flannel trousers

>chad tiberius thundercock

Good god are you fucking retarded.

My argument was they are business casual, not casual. I never said they were formal. And yes, you could wear a flannel suit to a wedding which would have flannel trousers.

You dumb bastard

>Popular girls
>College
You're in high school, don't lie

This is the most badass thing ever. Don't ever quit this style

I don't know you, but your outfit scream pretentiousness and wrong feeling of pseudo-superiority. No wonder people look down upon you when you run around with this facial expression.

projecting...