Military Thread

I received three of these and I know exactly what I'm going to do with them..

Other urls found in this thread:

farfetch.com/ru/shopping/men/giorgio-brato---item-12199735.aspx?storeid=9111
hessenantique.com/Belgium_Army_Cold_Weather_Fleece_Jacket_p/s91085550.htm
hessenantique.com/Dutch_Army_OD_Cold_Weather_Fleece_Jacket_p/s91085100.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Old one: Post military clothes, patches, and historical inspiration.

I need more milsurp pieces that can easily be incorporated in casual wear

whats with this pic seen it in another thread randomly ?

I'm going to take the rare step and post a fit pic.

YIKES

looks super weird in this pic
keep working at it
the shape makes you look overweight. dunno if you actually are

If you didn't use that ugly ass autistic jacket you could look way better. You just look overweight

y/n

Id on the gucci piece

I don't get what the others are fussing about. Looks good. Your phone is a little too big and prominent for my taste and I have an irrational hate for jeans but they're not too skinny, the colours are consistent and the jacket looks great.

I got one of those neat Swiss wool sweaters and it's great but the shoulders are very boxy and angular. Will this change with wear? Any experiences?

>off by one
Is that one of the Särma backpacks?
What are your thoughts on it?

it's a great backbag.
i'm active duty staff sgt and use it daily at work, so it's seen some use, but i've never had a problem with zippers or anything.

just the right size for a daypack.

Got one of these jackets. Nice feel but just a tad too small for my current belly, shame about it. If it doesn't fit once I get Veeky Forums (inb4 never) it goes on ebay or something.

I bought one as well. Fits perfectly as do the trousers, but I need to exchange those shiny brass buttons for some subtle black leather buttons.

Not overweight, jacket is a bit stiff still, needs to be broken in somewhat, so it billows straight out a bit. This is a bit more towards the mish mash end of milspo than otherwise, which I'm aware of.

They are green, thick waled corduroy trousers, not denim.

Thanks all for response, will post more trying fits later.

>They are green, thick waled corduroy trousers, not denim
Well, that sounds dope. Hard to tell from the pic.

those socks are absolutely marvellous

What has this got to do with fashion?

It's literally a woman and a bird. How is that not fashion?

lmao reported.

I'm sure the mods are reasonable people who will see that nudity is a very clear fashion statement and as such belongs on this board.

I unironically hope the mods clean up this board a bit. It's not only nudity but totally off topic.

I agree desu. Most Veeky Forums suicide method, virgin walk, cigarette threads, constant bladerunner shilling, it's pretty terrible.

Post your "grails"

w2c jacket ?

just ordered these. I'm kinda spooked that they'll look garbage irl, but hey, durable shoes for twenty bucks, I can't complain

They will look like garbage. Will probably keep keep your feet dry though.

Actually, I think they look kind of neat.

They look like garbage in this pic so I can only assume they’ll look garbage in person

they do look garbage and they also feel nasty. also reason why they have that squared toe is so they could be used with skis

>. I'm kinda spooked that they'll look garbage irl
Oh you don't need to worry about that they definitely will

Jacket is an A2 Style with fur collar and shearling liner. The specific jacket I am wearing is by a company called Excelled. Leather does not seem as high quality or malleable as a Schott I owned, but I assume with enough wear it'll break in properly. Furthermore, it has an actual fur collar and shearling interior, which I find great.

I would look for Schott versions of these, just for the sake of known quality.

Schott makes similar ones with a surprisingly warm polyester sherpa liner and faux fur collar, usually referred to as a 674 or 474 on the label. I am actually unsure what specifically these numbers mean, but they seem to be on every example I come across.

Ebay "Schott [your chest size]" or "A2 jacket [chest size]" to find some cheap, secondhand examples. If you're gonna buy a different brand, do your homework, cause a lot are cheap, shitty leathers made in korea from the 80s or more recently black mannequin style jackets flowing out of china.

consider a smaller jacket

What do you guys think about this? Considering getting into /milspo/ and want a nice camo piece to start out with.

> pic related is a serbian military jacket

Would this go well with some blue jeans in a not-so-tight fit?

Also considering some boots of some sort maybe brown leather?

sounds good. get some light wash blue jeans, 90s cut - vintage 501s or something.

Was thinking the same. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lmao that blurring. Why ?

le epin australia ostrich battle meme

What's that?

Finnish Army M65 jacket in the Navy blue version

terrible film, good coat

w2c hnnngh

They won the war and took our women. You dont need to fucking remind us.

You can get those with fur collars and lining, they're comfy as fuck. They're pretty large though.

Anyone here have the Särmä TST wool jacket/trousers? How is it?

Ugly

Thoughts on Afghankas?

Yeah I've seen it, but it's a lot more heavy than the look I'm going for.

Looks warm as he'll like you say though.

Love the look, but that's gonna be hard af to pull off, unless you live in some deep Siberia type country.

W2c

I like it

Looks like a swedish m59 parka

No, but I will at some point. Varusteleka is all I spend my money on anymore.

No you.

>stiff af
>heel for skis
>ugly color
I bet they will look fine with whatever gay hipster trashbag garbage you are gonna put them on with

they should've done full camo or at least have black spots instead of shit brown, that shit is fuglier than cccp shit

wear it open when it gets warm enough?

wear it closed when it's cold??

just copped 20 bucks

wazzat?

Sweet. Be sure to post fits.
Desert night camouflage pattern. It doesn't actually work, but it looks pretty cool.

anyone have recommendations on military fleece? Ive looked everywhere for the Austrian one but can only find the Kommando store link. Also i would prefer if it wasn't USA surplus, not trying to stolen valurz

should have specified I mean fleece jackets

What's this?

Idk looks pretty dope

Image search is your friend, it's literally built into the website now, no extensions or anything required. It's a swedish military motorcycle jacket

Well, that's pretty interesting.

For fleece I'd buy a Särmä jacket but that's not quite surplus...

Their civilian wool stuff (which btw. also looks shit compared to the older models, just search for m15 särmä wool jacket) is being delayed because they can't get enough wool fabric. Even if there's a way to get camo wool fabric, it would probably be crazy expensive.

I have the thick VDV version with a thick liner and its very rigid

If you guys are into that...

farfetch.com/ru/shopping/men/giorgio-brato---item-12199735.aspx?storeid=9111

I think it looks really good..

I really dig the looks of these shirts, but I don't really know what to wear them with. Any suggestions ?

yeesh

Can someone ID pic related from the old thread?

The jacket is the right size for what it's meant to be IMO. They're solid and they take a while to break in. Nice to see some fits in these threads.

Yeah, it's an M59. If you're in Europe there's one guy selling them on eBay with the button in hoods at the moment, which is pretty rare to find. Looks like Beredskapsboden.se have the widest range of sizes available atm, and Survival Russia vouches for them. Just got mine today and it's a pretty great coat for £20. Seems like it could work all year round with the liner out.

Laibach/10

Warm af. Survived winter in Poland in the local equivilent and it was build like a fucking tank. I don't think I even needed a hat. Also if you get ones with the removable liner you can layer the fur collar over other jackets. Can give a bit more life to a bomber or something.

If you want surplus specifically, how about Dutch or Belgian?
hessenantique.com/Belgium_Army_Cold_Weather_Fleece_Jacket_p/s91085550.htm
hessenantique.com/Dutch_Army_OD_Cold_Weather_Fleece_Jacket_p/s91085100.htm

>Night camo

It;s Desert DPM dyed black

You forgot to turn off your trip don't want the Veeky Forumsggots to leak to our beloved milsurp thread

Norwegian stuff is where it;s at, at any rate. If you only own one milsurp jacket make it one of these.

You ought to know I (attempt to) mix the two.

Why is this coat so common online? Always with this same image as well.

It's usually listed as "Soviet Bloc Coat", doesn't even specify which nation.