Gonna be working construction in Canada this winter. It'll be mostly outside I want to look good...

Gonna be working construction in Canada this winter. It'll be mostly outside I want to look good. Pic is what I'm thinking. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

carhartt.com/products/carhartt-extremes-cold-weather-gear/
youtube.com/watch?v=aZcSCT34H84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>working construction
>skinny jeans

>Canada in winter
>skinny jeans

you have never worked as a construction worker before, did you

No it's my first job. Any tips?

dont wear this

Find another line of work

Lol why?

Anything and everything you wear will get ruined, know that in advance, I would probably recommend checking Canadian milsurp

It depends a on what you'll be doing exactly but you should dress comfy so that you can move freely since you need to, you know, need to construct stuff.
Jeans will get dirty/ruined anyway so you might better either get cheap ones or wear an overall.
>Wear work shoes with steel noses, not timberlands you idiot
wear a durable tear-proof and non-flammable coat or overall, you might get stuck or hit by rotating machinery or get into contact with fire or hot stuff.
>wear a helmet and safety glasses and ear protection as well

I can't stress the safety part hard enough, a construction site is a dangerous environment especially when you're tired after a hard days work and start judging risk differently (especially when you're young and inexperienced).
>You'll end up like that spooky mister in the corner of your screen.

>moose knuckles parka

>working construction
>I want to look good
Listen you're gonna be busting your ass and it's going to cold as shit. Wear something that's going to keep you warm and you don't mind getting dirty. Looking like the guy in the picture you posted will definitely get you made fun of by the older dudes.

OP confirmed gay

dirty clothes you don't like with longjohns underneath.

t. canadian

carhartt.com/products/carhartt-extremes-cold-weather-gear/

wear this OP: youtube.com/watch?v=aZcSCT34H84

you'll want this

Look at what other construction workers wear, and wear that. I would consider buying high quality long underwear and socks. And Timbs aren't steel toes so you won't be able to wear them

don't even think about dressing like this unless you want the other dudes to steal your lunch. Buy dickies and decent boots and a warm hoodie and do your job.

you'll look like a male prostitute. get some workwear shit at a tools store or similar, cheap but decent jeans and boots that you dont mind getting beat up.

Poor dude, I can tell you're gonna get bullied by toothless retards into quitting your job after a week

Moose Knuckles' are incredibly bulky and heavy, you won't be able to do shit in them. Not too mention why on earth would you wear such an expensive coat when you're going to spend your day getting messy?

Bullying is not tolerated in the Canadian workplace. Not sure how it is where you are

>Bullying is not tolerated

lol

> Working in construction
> Cares about how fashionable he is on a work-site

OP Are you an electrician by any chance?

Thinking about becoming an electrician. What's wrong with them?

I’m not a Canadian so I can’t give you advice on what to wear exactly but it shouldn’t be this. Just get dickies/carharrt stuff and some whatever $100 work boots. And don’t get anything slim fitting you want the space to move your body around

>have an opportunity to justifiably wear coveralls
>don’t
Ishyddt

Bruh you're gonna be on a worksite, get some decent tradesmen trousers and a sturdy pair of boots.

Regardless, if it's any reputable construction firm, you're gonna have to abide by health and safety regulations so I hardly doubt they're gonna let you on site in a fucking parka and skinnies.

Get a warm fleece sweat, tradesmen pants and steel toe boots and you're set.

As a guy that's worked on sites for years as a plumber you will get roasted on arrival.

Go to Marks Work Wearhouse, tell them you got an outdoor construction job for the winter. They'll outfit you like one of those Joe Blows with an IQ of 10 but at least you'll be warm.

what the fuck op.

you should be much more concerned with being comfortable and warm then 'looking good'.

Tradesmen have running jokes about sparkies on sites because of how clean they are after jobs, due to the trade being considerably less messy than others. (dependant on which area you venture into obviously)

OP, I would advise you to ignore these ruffians and brutes - there's no good reason why a construction worker can't have camel toe while he performs his duties. Heck, some of the older guys might take you under their wings and show you the ropes

It's a long time since I've been in anything like a Canadian winter, but there's a saying about cold weather:

Cotton kills. (That's not meant in a good way.)

This has to be bait, shit is hilarious.

Thanks for the tips guys. You saved me much embarrassment

Made me kek

Hey,
worked for several years in construction, site management etc
the best basic boots you can get are the work boot line versions of blundstones - they can last several years of the shittiest treatment and are comfortable, if the mall doesn't have them construction stores/work clothing stores usually do.
Pants - Dickies/Carhartt - make sure they BREATH, it's critical for your skin health, some winters require having a base layer - stay away from technical fabrics because I've seen what happens when someone accidently gets burnt and the technical fabric melts and sticks to his skin - and it sucks - merino wool or cotton
Shirts - basic merino shirts for winter, breathing airy cotton for summer
jackets - there are several options but I only ever used one which is Carhartt - I have a fucking hoodie of theirs that's a decade old and is still usable

Other than that get a good belt and you're set to go, the tacticool adjustable ones with velcro are cheap and great.

Generally - be assertive, know that there some crews have rites of passage and that workers are very likely to try and fuck with you/test your limits - stand your ground, be vigilant, know how far a joke can go before you should start cracking jaws, bribe your way with coffee, ask a lot, strive to know everything in your field and you might be worth a lot of money in several years.

change the colour of the beanie to the brown carhart one. change the boots to a dark brown, more doc marten shaped boot. timbs are sadly out of their prime. jeans could be thicker. other than that pretty decent fit. dont go costumed tho.

Because construction is hard fucking work, for real men, not namby pamby skinny jean wearing pussies like you who post on fashion boards asking how to look cute on your first day of work

>who post on fashion boards
>he posted on a fashion board

>this bad at reading comprehension

Lmao the other guys are gonna fucking roast you.
You should wear some dirty old clothes.
But for the love of god do not wear skinny jeans.

You dont know a thing about construction do you?

Nigga this is your only Veeky Forums option

>puffy jacket
Snag city, that shit rips and burns so easily, enjoy having to buy this only to realise flannels are goat
>tight jeans
Enjoy not being able to move

Socks and timberlands are p good but like that user said no steel toecaps

Get a pair of rigger boots

we work hard. we still want nice things.

blundstones, timbs and carhartt are shit tier meme quality now.

- underwear/ socks is your limiting factor. on top tshirts or henleys, 100% cotton. socks including liners. this way you can have only a couple workwear outfits in rotation and just wash underwear everyday. if you sweat a lot bring a change to work.
- a wool beanie with a liner you can fit under a hardhat.
- your knee pads and gloves will be your best friends. invest in quality unlined leather gloves and get merino liners that are washable.
- if boots are leather, sno-seal is the only waterproofer to get

brand recommendations:
trousers: snickers, lbrador
boots: CAT, Redbacks

also don't worry about being embarrassed. construction workers are not or less judgemental/ pack mentality than other people. if there are some jerks don't take it personally. just pay attention and ask questions if you don't get it.

>Green jacket
>Pre faded blue skinny jeans
Why would, as a dude, you want to look like every basic bitch ever. Unless you want to give the idea off that you're gay.

Carhartt, wolverine, red wing, there's a shit ton of brands that make work wear. Get warm clothes, layering, no puffy jackets. It will get ripped and burnt. Get heavy weight duck and denim pants. Same with the jacket. Long Johns and thermal shirts are a must. If you really want to be Veeky Forums get a pair of iron hearts, they'll last a while, and are tough enough for a workday. Make sure to get good steel toed boots.

UBC guy here, local 58. I live and work in Chicago, so it can get pretty cold here with the lake being so close. You want a synthetic cap for your boots, steel caps are just gonna get your toes frozen off. Skinny jeans will get you roasted. Also you're gonna be green as fuck, so you're gonna be roasted a lot regardless, don't go in wearing dumb clothes.
Carpenters jeans. Dickies are great, as are carhartts. Make sure you get a nice big leather apron and your own gun holsters for drills and shit, the ones supplied to you by whoever you're working for suck ass always.

You are gonna get bullied for being new. It happens to everybody, it happened to me, it happened to your foreman, everybody experiences it. There are two types of bullies, the guys who hate you and want you gone, and the guys who want you tough enough to stand up to those guys.
Advice:
Keep your mouth shut as much as possible, you will say stupid shit if you open it.
Always have something in your hands. There's always stuff that needs hauling, taking fewer trips will save your knees a bit of pain.
Don't fucking sit down unless you are on break
Switch to being a plumber or electrician, they get paid better and get to sit around and drink coffee.

i work in construction, but not in a climate as cold, i just wear warm baselayers, some belleville army boots, snickers pants with assloads of pockets ,a thick jersey hoodie and a merino wool beanie, for the rare times when i have to work in the open i have a tought down jacket and an ecwcs parka, things like that look pretty good in my opinion and most of all theyre functional. just dont dress like a fag and youll be k

I always get bullied by Canadian construction workers when I'm out walking

desu though I actually like the attention, this one time these guys were yelling calling me a pervert and asking if I was wearing my girlfriend's pants (I was wearing skinny jeans), and I was so fucking happy I had to actively try to not smile and wave because these normie Chads implied that they thought I had a girlfriend instead of calling me gay or something

it was the nicest thing anyone had said to me in a long time even though it was meant to be insulting

also:
don't fucking live/work in shitcago

dickies? in winter? Buy an insulated Carhartt coverall bib...

Just buy a nice warm hi vis jacket. And cotton drill pants. Some worksites require them and it's essentially like a uniform so it doesn't matter if you get it dirty or have to think about what your wearing for the day

i work at a brewery and i wear chippewa apache steel toes. they go on sale frequently on amazon and look way better than deadass timbs imo

This. Carhartt coveralls or Carhartt coat with Carhartt jeans. The toughest clothes you can buy and they actually look pretty nice at the same time.

No reason not to look good at work

Faggot