Are field jackets Veeky Forums?

Are field jackets Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

jcrew.com/p/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/field-mechanic-jacket/B1552L
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Used to have a G-Star field jacket.

Only ever saw people wearing them in urban areas of London though and it never caught on.

M-65s and similar models were the MA-1s of yesteryear. Not that there's anything wrong with them. They'll probably be a fad again in several years.

I don't know if they're "Veeky Forums" but field jackets, especially m65s are my go to outerwear. I have a couple old olive jackets and a black Brandit m65. Comfy af.

THE TING GOES

If I wear M(t-shirt) and L(dress shirts with long sleeves) sized shirts what size field jacket should I get?

How's the brandit m65? Ive been torn between brandit, alpha, and jcrew

It's pretty decent tbqh. I haven't had the other brands, but they fit fairly close to surplus m65s. A little slimmer in the body, slightly smaller pockets and the sleeves are longer as well. And they come with a decent liner.

It depends on how you're gonna wear it. If you plan on wearing a liner, and want to stay warmer I'd go with a medium, but a lot of people like them slimmer fitting so you could size down to a small.

I thought you should always get jackets at least one size bigger than size of your shirts?

Do they look retarded if you have wide hips?

That's retarded.

everything looks retarded with wide hips m8

Come on, there must be some type of jacket that hides my curse.

you can always just wear oversize jackets, but i would recommend just working out first and getting broader shoulders so your hips balance out

If worn by a total autist, no

Are Alpha slim fit m65s true to size, or do you still need to size down?

alpha prices are fucked

You can get an actual Vietnam era m65 for like fifty bucks or less

I want tiger stripe

Where? I've checked out a few milsurp stores but no luck.

I can't personally confirm, but I've heard they're still big

yes, if it fits you and you don't look awful it's one of those things that almost never looks bad

theres a few 20% off codes out there

Is the camo M65 cool?

would it look cool to wear an oversized one? it looks cool in my head, but i am slightly autistic and have never seen anyone attempt it

Hey, Veeky Forums! Did you know that black colored army surplus jackets, such as the M65, are frequently used and purchased by fascist demonstrators in the US? Now, I don't know if you go on a list for buying one, and I'm not sure how many people would even try to make that connection, but if you want to be negative connotation free, avoid purchasing black field jackets!

You go on a list alright
A list to become one of the Drumpf administration's pawns
The current US admin run by Drumpf shows all the signs of fascism and this is reflected in the modern US public. It's a sad time when people openly wear black coloured m65s without ridicule from the public, it truly shows how much Drumpf has destroyed this country's morals.

That's not what I meant, but I figure it could've been taken like that. My dad is, not even meming, an FBI agent and those guys have an ear to the ground when it comes to shit like this. Again, no idea if you go on a list for buying one, but given the three letter of your choice's obsession with putting people on lists, I wouldn't put it past them.

Got a link to this exact one? I really like how it looks.

they are not FA. they were FA for like two years after the Vietnam war. if u want to look like Jon Lennon then go for it

lol wut

This. Please post link to jacket.

jcrew.com/p/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/field-mechanic-jacket/B1552L

It's a Jcrew