Is it possible to get a nice sleeve japanese tattoo without looking like a yakuza-wannabe...

Is it possible to get a nice sleeve japanese tattoo without looking like a yakuza-wannabe? And eventually avoid getting killed if I happen to go to Japan?

pic related

Possible, but I can't see why someone would want a shoulder-wrist sleeve without the art having any meaning/purpose behind it.

That's quite a commitment to something for the sake of you liking the look of it.

You're right, I'm kinda wondering, but a sleeve tattoo is something I've really been wanting since a long time. Perhaps to remember a trip.

Your best shot (even if you're not that good at Freehand drawing) is to jot down some ideas that have purpose/meaning behind them, head to a local and reputable artist and see what they can put together for you.

8/10 they'll usually get it right provided you give them a hand in actually coming up with new ideas, patterns, themes ect.

- A tattoo artist IRL.

So for exemple I just tell him what has a meaning for me, like for exemple a Geisha and some flowers, and he/she will make her/his own art?

I feel like tattooing really is an art, so coming up with another tattoo and asking the artist to reproduce it seems dumb.

Sure, can't see why not.

It's literally classified as body art my guy.

What do you see it as then? A fashion accessory?

For fuck sake.

>That's quite a commitment to something for the sake of you liking the look of it.
That's the very best reason to get a tattoo IMO.

People always talk a big game about how tattoos need to have "meaning" but personally my aesthetic tastes have always remained a lot more constant than my personal values, etc. I'm pretty sure I'd come to regret any "meaningful" tattoo I got in 20 years, but if I got one just because I liked the art, I'd probably still like the art in 20 years, even if my tastes changed somewhat.

Most of the fucking stupidest tattoos I see are the ones that are supposed to be deep and meaningful, honestly.

As you see my question, I'm pretty ignorant.

A whole sleeve though dude?

I agree to an extent however the shittest of tattoos may mean something to them.

My tattoos speak for me and what I want, couldn't give a shit what they appear like to others or how others judge them (without sounding to much like an artschool fag)

100% all tats look dumb .
t. someone with lots of tats

This

this

getting "meaningful tattoos" is for chicks

This. If somebody had told me that there's a chance that the tattoo artist will mess up on your tattoo and that all tattoos will end up "bleeding" over time, I would have never gotten any.

>not going Ryuzo core

whenever i see a white person with an irezumi sleeve i immediately think the worst
dont even need to hear them talk, 100% of the time its some obnoxious douche master
thats why you go to good artists you literal retard
i got 19 tattoos and they are all aging wonderfully, some 10+ year old and i havent even thought of getting touch ups

>Perhaps to remember a trip.

>I went to a Japanese restaurant when I visited Vermont last fall. I'm going to get a japanese sleeve!

are you butt plug guy?

Culture vulture will look like weeb hardcore.....try ruin or latin

Tfw my favorite wabori tattooists live in Japan and oddly enough Brazil..

Big Japanese diaspora in Brazil. I'm half and my mother grew up there

My brother doesn't even have a full sleeve, just a shoulder tattoo and whenever he goes out to hotsprings or gyms they ask him to wear a bandage over his tattoo

They take that shit pretty seriously so have fun wearing a long sleeve shirt in the baths whenever you decide to go to Japan

if you don't actually have a connection to Japan don't be a scummy fucking poser about it

it's like dumbass lifters getting maori tattoos 'cause they think they look sick