Solovair gibson or Doc Martens mono gibson?

Solovair gibson or Doc Martens mono gibson?

Obviously the Docs are less expensive.

Post similar shoes.

Other urls found in this thread:

solovair-shoes.com/size-guide/
solovair-shoes.com/product/black-gibson-shoe-black-sole/
drmartens.com/us/p/originals-shoes-boanil-brush-1461
solovair-shoes.com/product/black-gibson-shoe-black-sole
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it me or do monos look different in every picture

bump

Damn those monos look good

Solovair

they are made in England with better leather just shill out the extra money it will last you longer

Solovair look way nicer

not op but if im a size 9 in vans what size should I get for the Gibson? Do I go tts or size down or up?

they have pretty comprehensive sizing guide on their site. start there
solovair-shoes.com/size-guide/

I buy this solovair-shoes.com/product/black-gibson-shoe-black-sole/
And i recived a mail saying they dont have a stock and i should wait 1 month.

Having owned the Doc Marten mono's for awhile, I wish i'd saved up more and bought the Solovairs instead. Doc Martens are made in china and it really shows in the quality of the shoes, they look good but they aren't worth the money imo.

I swear Veeky Forums always has a thread about the exact item I'm thinking of buying.
The Solovair Gibsons will be less than twice the price of the Dr Martens but will last much longer, only reason not to get them over the Dr Martens is if you absolutely cannot fork out the extra cash.

So they'll send you your pair once they've made them? Do you know if they don't have stock just because it ran out or if they make the shoes to order?

unpopular opinion here...

these thick soled, round toe oxfords look the way trainers without socks feel.

either go full on tuk or get an nice pair of italian pointed toe oxfords

no more of this mom-bought-me-these-to-match-
my-church-suit shit

Your opinion sucks

Bump

how do solovairs fit?

I'm UK 13, could I fit into a UK 12 of these?

refer to:

My guy
drmartens.com/us/p/originals-shoes-boanil-brush-1461

u don't want the monos they will be destroyed in 3 months. Spend the extra cash and get a better boot.

What are the comfiest derbies Veeky Forums?

>solovair-shoes.com/product/black-gibson-shoe-black-sole

Ok this thread has convinced me to just get the Solovairs and stop being a cheapskate. But is the 3 eye or the 4 eye better? I know the 4 eye is more expensive but is the difference in quality enough that i'd regret getting the 3 eye.

Probably something made with work boot leather. I know Redwing makes a couple derbies (postman, Beckman, maybe more), as does Wolverine I think. Search around for derbies made from chromexcel leather.

If I were to get the size that's almost exactly the length of my foot would I be alright or would I have problems? The site says I should have 8mm tolerence for my toes but the closest size would give me 2mm. Do I just have to suck it up?

I really like Postmans and they have the claim that they're made for postal workers. I'm gonna look for a pair on the cheap.

I'd get the 4-eyelet Gibsons, I think the extra eyelet would be more suitable if you're wearing them a lot.
It's always easier to add insoles to make a shoe fit than to make the shoe stretch.

I had this same problem, went with the smaller one and I regret it

Learn English you faggot.

Alright thanks, Looks like the 3 eye would be true to size then and the 4 eye is size down 1

I bought a 3-eyelet Solovair a couple months ago. Some things you should know: their customer service is absolute trash, I tried to get the 4-eyelet for which I had to wait 3 weeks to get them made, after 3 weeks waiting I get told that they discontinued that shoe.

Sizing on 3-eyelet is slightly off, I've got a UK 8, but it' more like an 8½.

Quality on the shoe is great for the price. It's a very sturdy shoe with thick leather. It's also surprisingly comfortable. Quality-wise Solovair definitely has the upper edge on Docs because their shoes are made in England whereas Docs are made in South East Asia.

Overall I'd recommend getting the Solovair.

Yeah I'm sure they'll be a little big either way but thats not so bad.

Could you post your 3 eyelet solovairs? I really like the way they look but it'd be good to see how shiny they actually are in real lighting.

I bought the solovair gibsons 4 years ago and after wearing almost every day, including during 8-12 hour hospitality job shifts for about a year of the 4, they are still in v good condition

DONT BUY THE DOCS