you're not Veeky Forums sorry

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S10GMfG2NMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We just bike here

bikeability and walkability predict one another

Not in Scandinavia

but I do also its bussable

Do you actually live there? What about outlying suburbs. Weather is also important. Sunnier drier climates are more favorable than wetter and colder ones.

>not trainable

Not that street but a similar one. the outlying suburbs are garbage, but why would you go to the suburbs?

Also snowy winters are Veeky Forums as fuck

Meh it's mice central after midnight. Even the hoes standing outside start to look like Chuck E. Cheese.

do you mean snow or DuPont circle?

The city. In the suburbs you just see cute white tails and cotton tails at night.

unless you're in a very old rural town, anywhere outside the city is a hellscape of depressing stripmalls and frigid highways

just so unaesthetic

Some places like LA are pretty much that.

tfw you wish you lived in a liberal artsy new york suburb like williamsburg but too expensive

>tfw come from Philadelphia and now living in boring LA urban spral suburbs

Feels strange. LA has good weather and a nice, big freeway system, but it can get so damn hot, expensive and inconvenient when you must travel far

Might just convert a minivan to a camper van and roadtrip to Philadelphia to live rent/free...

Astoria is the next best thing. Surprisingly cheap rent there.

Right, LA is a terrible, ugly city

Philadelphia is a top 5 city in the country. Why the fuck would you move to a hellscape like LA?

>Brooklyn
>Suburb

the Bronx is cheap as fuck and just as dense/close to manhattan

>in Scandinavia

>any burgerland city
>fa
Ameritards are so delusional it's hilarious

>not planable

Currently living in Rogers Park, Chicago. I wanna move somewhere in the west in the next few years but I might have to sacrifice living in an effay neighborhood in the process. It's a tradeoff, though, because in Colorado, Washington, or Oregon I can get /out/.

Any suggestions?

The new world sucks for walking around Veeky Forums streets looking Veeky Forums.

Even shitty poorfag cities like Lisbon or Budapest are still a billion places better than the vast majority of American grid "cities". Fucking hell, there are cities that have got great big highways just plowing right through them.

I've lived in Paris and for all its faults, at least you will never need to drive here.

Currently looking at somewhere around Rodgers Park/Ravenwood.
Would you recommend Rogers over somewhere like Uptown? I'm trying to get into Ravenwood it's just fucking expensive.

I moved here with family when I was 7 in 2004. I despised living here for years but I realized that the mature thing to do is appreciate what I have, plan ahead and leave on good terms. Hence the vanlife thing. I'd convert a toyota sienna into an RV once my honda lease is up

goddamn this looks comfy

this is my ideal "working from home, having a nice coffee and getting blown for lunch" type of place

But you have to live in the bronx lol

America is wide and long. It makes it terrible. Europe is narrow and long with a lot of water and mountains.

Fuck off. You probably fantasize about living like the sex and the city show. You faggot

How is it terrible that it's wide and long?
>a lot of water and mountains
And the US doesn't have those, right? fuck off Eurocuck

I don't know too much about Uptown, but Roger's Park is pretty affordable... for now. A lot of people I know are seeing their rents go up. For better or for worse, we're probably the next neighborhood to get gentrified.

Forgot to add that pic related is my place. $860/month for a studio with a divided off kitchen/dining area.

Lisbon isn't exactly a "shitty poorfag city." Suburbs like Amadora are pretty poor and shitty by Western European standards, but the city center (Baixa, Mouraria, Alfama) are expensive as hell.

I live in Chicago right now and as far as livability goes, I'd take virtually any city I've been to in Europe over this, even Andorra la Vella.

imagine walking out of your front door and being met with a dirty busy sidewalk, cars up one anothers ass for 5 miles and filthy crowds. no thanks if I have to live in a city my view better be of the clouds.

This user gets it. Living in a city is only great if you're wealthy. It's not /effay/ but a small town beats it 9/10 for me.

Plus no blacks

City living isn't Veeky Forums. Living out in the countryside, middle of the woods, is the most effay place to live.

Natural borders give the country a shape. The long wide nature means that most of the country is flat and easy to march across. California, for example, has pretty natural borders. Kansas does not.

Pre-WWII suburbs are usually alright. They're at least decently walkable, have public transit to the city/other burbs, and an urbanized downtown.

I wish i lived in a bikeable city, but i usually sweat a lot when exercising so i probably would have to get an electric bike.

If you go at a leisurely pace and it's not a super hot day, you shouldn't sweat too much.

Helmet hair is a real problem for me, though. You're an idiot not to wear one in a US city.

What city is this
Definitely get an electric bike, I own one and it's an amazing way to commute short distances or run errands. Don't get ripped off though, don't pay more than 700

>$860/month for a studio
Jesus Chicago is expensive. You can get a nice 2BR apartment for cheaper than that here in Ohio, but then you'd have to live in Ohio

Hills?

dat dere aurelios

currently in nw suburbs and it kinda sucks. It seems I little cooler more south but I'm also looking to buy a house and there is literally nothing in my range that has an updated interior. Every room is just vomit in the form of carpet, wallpaper and paint.

>$860 month for a studio
>Expensive
What the fuck, I live north of Denver in a nice suburb and if I wanted a studio it would be minimum $1000 or even $1200 with the current market

There are definitely better looking electric bikes than that one.
The Copenhagen Wheel is the best solution i've seen, you can pick any bike and add an electric rear wheel.

youtu.be/S10GMfG2NMY

>living in a congested, cramped, overpriced shithole

enjoy your shitskins, schizophrenia, and huge rent

I would get a fixie but it doesn't suit my environment. With this one, it folds up small enough so that I can put it in my Civic and has thick tires for off road and better grip. Am the same person that lives in LA suburbs

Already do, but those townhouses cost $3 million. That's an issue with "living" there.

i think the rural/wilderness aesthetic is pretty Veeky Forums

OP must be retarded
>DC
>dense and walkable
>then posts about snowy winters
Make up your fucking mind you ape

pls leave.

For one, that's a horrible looking bike, and second, unless you're biking a huge hill every day getting a electric bike is such a loser choice.
How about just getting a decent normal bike an helping your manboobs diminish a little?
You probably fantasize about those longboards with a motor too. Not Veeky Forums.

Why get an electric bike in the first place when you can buy a Vespa?

>no fun allowed

I bought a moped the other day for my urban sprawl city, hope I can flip it when it's registered + it becomes warm again

You can add the electric rear wheel to any bike you want, including that one.
Also a lot of people are already in good shape and don't really need that much exercise, making the electric bike a better choice.

Americans can't into bikes

>Vespa
And look like a Moroccan immigrant?
Vespas became shitskin/blonde girl calling her father daddy tier ages ago.

Only actual retro scooters like Peugeot Rapido or Gilera Citta are Veeky Forums

Aren't there like a handful of cities in the USA that are somewhat walkable and most lack actual bike infrastructure?

Meanwhile in Europe any place that qualifies as Veeky Forums is way too expensive and most posters living there end up living in some dystopian highrise district on the edge of town.

I live in skokie

> also a lot of people are already in good shape

dude no, especially not americans

>Also a lot of people are already in good shape and don't really need that much exercise, making the electric bike a better choice.
Ehhh??? If you're already in good shape you should know that biking in moderate speed is really really not that hard. You can literally do 40 km a day and not break a sweat.

why is Lisbon shitty? it offers much more than any other european capital, prove me wrong. and thus consistently winning awards.

>tfw comfy lake cabin for $500 /mo in Midwest
>everyone dresses like shit

It's a cultural thing here. People are terrified of showing wealth so they dress like slobs. IDK if it's a guilt trip for having money or what but the culture is church based so I'm assuming a lot of them are.

Funny enough the wealthy people here drive 80K trucks but still wear Walmart velcro shoes

I will never understand

they just don't care

Tfw student living in the Gold Coast. 900/month for 110 square feet, feels claustrophobic man.

Everyone cares about how they look it's human nature. They care they just know that if they all dress like peasants then they don't have to feel bad which is why anyone who dresses well in the Midwest gets called European

Only if you save enough money to travel often or live in the continental US where shipping from a bunch of major retailers is free

Riding a bike is slightly more difficult than walking and so much faster. After about a week of your regular commute, you'll get used to it.

>you're an idiot not to wear one in a US city
True. Some drivers in NA just don't know how to drive around cyclists. Drivers in Toronto would treat bike lanes like turn lanes and yell at cyclists for driving on the road, even when they're not going much faster than 20kph. I had two 'major' accidents that just resulted from drivers not looking for cyclists.

You can easily commute 20km each way on a daily basis and not need an electric bike. I understand why people who are older might like them, but you probably don't need one right now

What do you mean when you say walkable? Because most big cities have enough different areas (even trendy areas) that require you to take transit or bike to get from place to place

>Thinking $860 a month is expensive
That's pretty cheap user. Even here in Philly that price is hard to find

that's pretty cheap. in DC you pay 1000 at least

>electric bike
don't do ti

walkable as in you don't need a car. Errands can be accomplished on foot, and moving between areas of the city is easy with mass transit or biking

person who lives in the suburbs of Indianapolis detected

>grew up near San Francisco
>literally across the street from a highway
>don't give a shit about highways running through cities

Sounds like a you problem and/or Stockholm syndrome

Highways are nice though because the public transportation sucks ass in pretty much all of America

West-coast cities that are Veeky Forums and walkable:

San Francisco
Seattle
Portland

that's literally it

I have money to move to New York but I don’t have a full time job how am I supposed to get an apartment in Brooklyn if I can’t even show my W2? I’m trying to move literally ASAP lol, idk what to do any of y’all have experience? I’m 20 btw:-)

get a job lined up

>budapest
>shitty poorfag
oh boy

yeah i can do that plus I mostly just sell designer clothes in my free time that I get from Japan, I’m trying to move all that shit in the city at like Round 2 for my hype shit etc so making money not even a problem. Seems like it’s just all the decent places need u to have all these w2 bullshit fuckin forms

just bike slowly

Looks like a puch

>tfw grew up on 10,000 acres in rural Nebraska
It’s nice being able to walk for miles without seeing anyone, no people, no signs of humanity. Only drawback is the 60 minute drive into a tiny town, 5 hour drive to the nearest major city, which is barely 1 million people.

Moved to Boston for university and urban life makes me want to fucking die

Someone gimme a list of some walkable but not shit expensive cities to move to in the near future. I'm getting my PhD in the south but want to teach somewhere like y'all are describing. The closest I've seen to this 'walkable city' concept down here is probably Charleston but I'm not a billionaire.

ice

there is a metro as well a couple of them.

I wish the US wasn't so cager focused
I want a fucking rail system comparable to Japan
I want a fucking proper sense or urban design/planning not focused on cars and their infrastructure
I want a fucking proper sense of aesthetics and practicality in having walk able cities and towns

Monterrey, Olympia, and Ashland are Veeky Forums cities that are smaller

Correct. There was this user on here a while back and lived on the edge of Glacier National Park in Montana. The house was nice, no neighbours, and views of the mountains. He owned the place and he was like 30.

If you live in a major NA or european city and you wanna be downtown, you will likely never own your own home/condo. You have to deal with shitty neighbours and noise all the time.

Basically this. If you wear anything other than straight leg jeans and wal mart shoes out here, youre a faggot.

If you wear techwear or drive a sports car in the midwest people will actually think you're gay. Its stupid, but at least there arent any wiggers out here.

Same desu. Lived in a rural part of Ontario for 12 years. Moved to Montreal, Qc for uni (s/o to mcgill peeps) and everything here is expensive, the noise never stops, everyone here wears 1000 dollar jackets, and I hate my neighbours.

I just wanna go home.

Why shouldn't i get an electric bike? I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone.

>bars on the windows
lmao

because getting exercise is good for you, biking helps wake you up on the way to work, and electric bikes are expensive (and dorky). like the other user said, just go slowly if you really dont want to sweat.

As long as you don't reek, it doesn't matter. i work at a really big company with very high-end clients and like half my team bikes to work, freshens up in the shower, throws on their suit, and goes off to meetings, talks with clients etc.

>snowy winters are Veeky Forums as fuck
not when you live in Canada and it goes down to -25F so you can't wear anything effay and your nose runs like a fire hydrant and the mucus freezes on your face.

If only it were a puch. I live on the West Coast and the few around here are costly or beat the fuck up. This one's a peugeot, french

Forget what the other guy says, look into electric bikes, the extra boost is great for when you're in a rush + don't want to sweat, not to mention it's a viable, low-maintenance transportation vehicle

I'm the guy that posted the moped and electric bike, they both do wonders even in the burbs

DC native here. We have snowy winters, they just suck.

This. I live in Montreal which is a "walkable, dense city" but in the winter the sidewalks freeze over and it's a struggle trying to get anywhere without ice skates