Mfw Catholicucks will tell you their Church is somehow "special" and "chosen by God" because it has existed for some...

>mfw Catholicucks will tell you their Church is somehow "special" and "chosen by God" because it has existed for some 1700 years

The Eleuisinian Mysteries lasted for two millennia and its rituals, tenets, and beliefs remained unchanged for all that time. Does this mean they were chosen by Persephone and Demeter?

>he doesn't understand the importance of having an institution represent the faith of the people
>he doesn't see the value of tradition
How do you live with yourself?

>DUDE, JUST GET WITH THE TIMES JEEZ

>he doesn't see the value of tradition

What's the value of tradition when it's wrong? For example - why bother to maintain the illusion of religion being relevant (attending mass, etc.) when the Christian religion is of a very man-made origin and lacking any supernatural/divine inspiration or element?

The same can be said of Islam and Judaism.

Eleusis' mysteries, two millenia? Unchanged?

I'd like you to provide a source.

>things cannot be both wrong and valuable

wew lad

Not even religious but anyone can recognize how important it is to have

What is the value of tradition?

Nothing. Just because something has been done for a long time doesn't mean it shouldn't be questioned.

>religion is super important for a society
Americans are pretty much the only people in the civilized world who still think this way.

In my opinion Christianity is a just a mystery religion gone rogue.

Believing in something that's wrong is never justified, no matter how useful or valuable it is.

Social cohesion? Giving everyone a utility through which to not fucking despise every person they meet or disagree with? Because that's what's already happening without it.

Used to be important, no one gives a single shit about religion here where I live except in our version of the redneck bible belt.

I agree on social cohesion

probably why yurope is dying honestly

That's more to do with a bunch of isolated robber politicians in Luxembourg benefiting of this shit.

whatever helps you sleep at night

Go to bed /pol/

wake up sheeple

>Does this mean they were chosen by Persephone and Demeter?

Catholic here, I don't see what's wrong with that assertion. The Eleuisinian Mysteries were clearly a powerful occult, pagan thing. The pagan gods were, and are, quite powerful, though nothing compared to God himself.

Why shouldn't those mysteries have special supernatural significance? I'm willing to accept they were watched over by powerful spirits. If you expect me to accept an "atheist except for one" reality, you're out of luck. The Church has never taught this. The Church asserts that the world is spirit-filled and demon-haunted. The idea of great spiritual powers maintaining a chain of worship isn't bothersome at all.

Before Jesus came the demons were lose upon the world. Now they only occasionally possess someone here and there, but he name of Jesus alone is enough to banish them.

Trips for truth, my brother in Christ.

I don't doubt the reality of pagan entities. It doesn't bother or perturb me to talk about the old gods. The reality of the Zeus, El, Ra, and the other great celestial gods is something I accept; or if that's not exactly how things are structured, I do accept whatever the truth is. I acknowledge the reality and I'll be polite to them if they should ever cross my path, as I would when meeting any stranger; but the least in the Kingdom of God is greater than them, so I feel no need to do them homage. And they, in turn, will bow to the name of Jesus Christ, as do all things below the earth and on the earth and above the earth.

This is just my own personal position, of course; others may feel differently. But what I hope is that it is consistent with the teachings of the Church.

Amen.

>that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

whats with the giant pair of scissors

For pruning.