Grandpa gave me his old US Army jacket from when he was an Airborne (circa 1951) but never wore it because I was way...

Grandpa gave me his old US Army jacket from when he was an Airborne (circa 1951) but never wore it because I was way too small for it. Years later and I'm not sure if it fits well. Sleeves are good length but are parachutes in size. Length is okay, but the bottom is kind of wide around my waist, really flares out if it isn't zipped up. Should I wear it?

too big, maybe you could get it tailored or something

They're wide to permit movement in combat. Get a tailor, FFS

Yeh. Get it tailored. You'll have a cool piece with cool history.

Stolen Valor.
Neck yourself.

Fuck off, it's not stolen valor if it's not currently in use.

Nobody is gonna think Jimboy McPizzaface here is a vet.

It was given to him you faggot

are you gay or something?

Fuck you army boy. Your stolen valour autism doesn't count to shit irl. Troops are the scum of the world

The army is for literal nancy boys and your grandfather died for literally nothing, because his grandson is a cocksucking little cuck.

You guys know that veterans would never call wearing that jacket stolen valor, right? They wouldn't even call wearing a current year jacket stolen valor.
It's SV when you're wearing decorations, rank etc.

Pretty weird response on your part, though. It suggests you don't respect veterans but simultaneously you want to wear military clothing.

Post pic with the string drawn

I've got a GAP field jacket that's similar - it's hard to wear with anything other than baggy pants because it practically billows in the wind

I had a Vietnam vet imply stolen valor at me for my McCoy's reproduction M-65, so it does happen; but you're right—stolen valor is wearing the insignia.

All the old production jackets were wide to allow movement, so if the sleeves and shoulders fit (and they do), I'd call it good. There should be waist and hem draw cords if you want it to fit closer to your body, but I wouldn't stress about it being baggier than your normal clothing, and I don't think I'd waste money trying to get it altered.

OP, you know it's too big. I know you were hoping to hear Veeky Forums tell you you're wrong, but you're not.

Would it be moving the goalposts to suggest Vietnam Vets are crazy old boomers?

Fuck off

>weak wide hipped soyboy wearing authentic soldier gear

Just stop

It used to be only vets would wear old army clothing. Milsurp stuff people bought was mostly like camping gear, boots and shit, not the clothers.

The fit is usually pretty shit too.

Tfw granpa was a man but you a lil bitch, OP.

>milsurp is stolen valor
Oh man look at all those stolen valor stores and websites. You're a huge faggot and I would gladly execute you.

Love /k/

Milsurp in Europe:
>oh hey. i used to have one of those back when i was in the army. where did you find it? well, i guess it says a lot for [out country's] workmanship that it's holding up after 30 years, right? those things were built like tanks. god, when it would rain though... the way they would soak up water! of course that was before they brought in all the new gore-tex stuff of course. take care of it user, it's a piece of history! :)

Milsurp in America:
>Thank you for your ser-- REEEEEE STOLEN VALOR is that a unit patch? did you earn that? YOU KNOW PEOPLE DIED TO PROTECT YOUR FREEDOMS IN THAT GODDAMN JACKET AND YOU'RE GONNA WEAR IT WITH JEANS YOU PIECE OF SHIT? IT'S A GOOD THING I WAS NEVER ACTUALLY A MARINE OR I'D KICK YOUR ASS RIGHT NOW.

99% of vets are only bothered by rank patches or parade uniforms but people who saw American Sniper one time love to get offended on their behalf.

I'd suggest you don't rush to get it tailored to fit with what happens to be fashionable at a particular moment. Some of the same things that are bugging you, like the width of the sleeves, are the kind of details a lot people who buy Nigel Cabourn or Real McCoy's replicas and shit love and nerd out about. They're really meant to be somewhat loose fitting for practical purposes. And be sure to find a really good tailor if you do go that route. There's been several threads here with people getting heriloom pieces adjusted and ruining them with hack work. I hope your grandpa is still around but sometimes when people pass on the nostalgia is more important than the fit. I've never owned an M51, but isn't the bottom adustable with the drawcoords? Maybe you could try sourcing the appropriate liner to pad it out?

>grandpa gives him jacket
>but grandpa's dead!

>reading comprehension

I don't think you know what "stolen valour" is. Or this bait?