Boot Thread

What do you think about buying women's boots if you are a dude (male)?

Other urls found in this thread:

jcpenney.com/p/stafford-deacon-mens-wingtip-leather-boots/pp5004560043?pTmplType=regular),
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're usually narrower so watch out. I do like those boots though.

why would you do that
that's gay

OP must have tiny feet

i wanna buy some ysl jodhpurs, i wanna know if i get some kind of lifetime warranty / lifetime repair warranty with them? i think they'll last a very long time if i keep resoling and reheeling them, but will YSL do anything on their part to help? £700 for boots isn't so bad if they have some kind of warranty

Jodhpurs are so hard to pull off. They aren’t very versatile either.

i'll be fine but thanks for the concern, i just think chelseas are boring, only really want them to go to my office job, i think they're quite versatile, my style hasn't really changed since i was like 13, i just dont wanna spend so much money and not be able to wear them in like 10 years time as i'm very hard wearing on boots, i got some story et fall jodhpurs been wearing them 2 years, they're holding up but now i have a 9-5 job i can afford to upgrade

but why

Are moc toe boots /effay/?

did you just watch stranger things?

never got the appeal of boots with such toe, they just look silly to me

i like palladiums

i don't have experience of that, sounds alright if they fit better or something.
i guess if you are looking for something more low-key in terms of profile, or looking for dress boots you may end up in a situation wondering about women's boots.
your pic looks nice, this is some authentic looking stitchery that acts as a subtle accent to any everyday attire.
i guess you like different things.

(repost from fucci)
basic joe here,

I'm looking for a budget black boot that can bear snow and rain, but nothing too extreme.
I want something more subtle so I can use it on different occasions, mostly pairing it with black trousers or blue jeans.
Are martens a good option? My shoe number is 44-45 (11-11.5). Would the martens look took big on me? (I'm 6.1 (183) and skinny)

thanks!

get clarks boots, i have a pair of clarks boots that are incredibly durable, bought them like 4 years ago still holding up, i wear them in the rain, i've lent them to friends for festivals, they're fashionable but really practical and comfy, they're brown, canvas leather or suede, something like that i'll try find a pic

Are there people what work for Palladium actively shilling on here? They look like shit.

lmao theyre just black boots, i think they look good. And do you actually believe palladium has people shilling on a dead Veeky Forums board?

which ones are these?

I'm starting to believe these threads are a psy-op. We can have multiple threads like this in a single day:
>hey Veeky Forums can i do this inexplicable faggy thing for no good reason?

>Dead
This is the fastest moving online fashion forum. If there is a place to shill it would be here.

so you do actually believe it, nice

thanks for the tip! they have a good distribution in where I live.

Solovair vs Red Wing for Derby boots?

despite what Veeky Forums thinks, you can't go wrong with docs

thanks for the tip too,
i was wondering that much because I'll have to order them from a site and it really is a bother returning the stuff later, but
i too think that they have a distinct profile and silhouette and with the right kind of fit they can look nice.
Not use trying to compare them with more high-end boots, but I think that for the price they'll do just fine.
I'll check the clarks store around too, they have that model, Ashburn or something that look swell.

I think it depends on what you want them for. Both are versatile, but I guess the Solovair, being black and all are more "in" right now.
Can you exemplify your ideas for them?

Just for casual wear. They're both pricey so I just want to make sure I invest in ones that are durable

despite what the spergs of Veeky Forums say, iron rangers are actually fine

Are only Vintage Doc's made in the UK? Or are originals also?

My go-to boot

I personally love moc toes for the room in the toe box. This board will shit on you for Americana/menswear though.

Iron Rangers are great bad weather shoes. The more beat up they get, the better they look.

Dope. I’m about to cop the lighter color in the mini lug sole.

What a cluster fuck if a boot. Everything about it looks wrong

wtf how to get toe box like that?
just smash it down a lot?

good choice - the smooth sole is annoying

Uhm. They are durable but they get ugly fast. Clarks in the middle; all of them did have the same treatment more or less.

whats the top 3 mil-surp boots?
Hard mode no Austrian memes

cant afford rangers so got some eastlands instead

Both two pairs of these (jcpenney.com/p/stafford-deacon-mens-wingtip-leather-boots/pp5004560043?pTmplType=regular), didn't size down.

What do? Prob going to donate.

these look super over-oiled and over saturated. you should honestly stop it. stop polishing them, stop oiling them, just let them be.

why a hard no to austrian memes? they're pretty much as basic as it gets when it comes to mid-20th century combat boots.

Not sure if i could pick a top 3 but the clear number 1 of all time imo is the US M1943 double buckle service boot. Impossible to find actual surplus but there are some repros available and the French army made a similar boot (called the ranger boot, probably because the french saw US rangers wearing m43s in WWII) that's much easier to find. The Polish army had some similar ones for a while too.

that shit looks cheap as fuck

belongs in a thrift store anyways desu

Dr martens are incredible boots, they have a lot of thought put into them not just looks (which are pretty good looking imo)
Even my dad (industrial construction superintendent) uses them and says are the best for the job, get em

Maybe in the 80s. Nowadays Docs are shit quality made in China/Thailand boots for tumblrinas.

The upper actually lasted a while on my last pair and the weathered cognac turned out well, but the sole blew out and cobbler said it wasn't worth saving.

i really don't know what construction process they follow, but ive been wearing newtons almost every day for the last couple years and no complaints so far, no loose stitching or ruptures, they just need a resole

if they fit why not?

get the vintage made in england ones

all of the others are chink shit

Grenson Grover snuff suede

meermin.es

saving all my monies for iron rangers

don't know what color to get though!

HALP ME Veeky Forums

ref please

where i can find boots like this ?

ref pls ?

ref pfls ?

any boots similar to this for less than ~£150 ?

>they just need a resole
good luck with that, they're cemented

buy some shoe trees you pleb.

>any boots similar to this for less than ~£150 ?
i just got these for 95 pounds

>>less than 150
why bother?

this is almost what i'm looking for, I just need a sleek looking 6 eyelet boot

What would be the benefit to doing that? I don't trust that women's leather boots are built with quality in mind.

thoise are really cool i wish i knew

not that poster BUT i did notice that Sheriff Epic Meal Time had some pretty hot moc toe boots. I previously had a dislike for the cream sole combo, but now i'm into it.

Thorogood has some affordable cream sole boots.

anyone know what these are??

Get black, most underrated color.

thats a boot

Chippewa g22 i believe

I already have Austrian memes that’s why I said no Austrian memes

Look kind of like Addisons.

That is true...

confirmation?

The M1943 is awesome, but I prefer the look of the Macnamara boot that replaced it in the 50s. What they lose in distinctiveness by getting rid of the buckle is made up for in versatility.
That said, the bundeswehr pilotensteifel is definitely on the list & honorable mention goes to Belgium for pic related.

they are fine, you just have to have the right dimensions for them, otherwise they look like clown shoes

this boot is sex

going to buy it next paycheck

Been looking at boots and figured might as well get them steel toed for work. What do you guys think?

Are you looking for "work" boots or work boots?

work boots, want them to be efficient without looking like old construction boots.

When you walk through snow it gets stuck in those leather borders on the nose, annoys me a little

What boot?

Clarks Desert Mali

Thanks breh

>tfw bought women's palladiums cause thought they were unisex like converse
>tfw feet too wide

I have a pair of Iron Rangers in Amber Harness and they are literally the best fucking shoes I've ever worn. I want to keep mine for years, so I don't wear them daily.

What boots should I cop that are cheaper?

Was thinking maybe some Chippewa Service Boots?

Buy more expensive boots so then you can wear your Iron Rangers daily.

enjoy looking for the heels that drop off after 2 months

What's the fit on Iron Rangers? There's no place I can try them on around me.

these maybe

I got a pair of these.

I'm in Australia, so these are basically my first pair of "real" boots.

Getting these soon.

Thoughts on Viberg or Alden?

nice
vibergs are amazing I wish I could afford them

+1 on this. I have some even older that just now are showing signs of wrinkling. If you get a quality leather shoe and take care of them they'll last a long ass time.

both companies take a big fat dump on everything the pizza faces here call boots.

> solovair
> martens
> milsurp trash
> zara chelseas
> rickadick owens

jesus, look at this thread alone, when will this board learn?

For cheap minded get Georgia boots. Decent quality and good price. Otherwise just go to a farmer/tractor part store. They usually stock good boots. And don't get steel toe unless you absolutely need them. Your toes will be cold in the winter and then you'd have no benefit. Trust me, I work in construction.

Speaking of Austrian memes, anyone know where I can pick up some grade 1's that aren't with the lining?

What are austrian memes?

Austrian Bundesheer paratrooper boots. Basically a standard black combat boot that can be found in varying conditions for an extremely attractive price.

What's the fit on Iron Rangers?

I was the user looking for 10" boots that look okay on those of us with skeleton legs
These puppies just came and they fit the bill perfectly. Fuckin' stellar leather quality, zipper is coming in handy a lot more than I thought it would, and it's got a very flattering silhouette. Get them a half size down if you want them.
Only two downsides: a very long break-in period allegedly (mine are still quite stiff but that's to be expected) and the leather around the bottom of the zipper sticks out a bit. It's really only noticeable from the top-down though, and it's not as much of a problem as I expected