Why did China stagnate, unlike Europe or Japan which were able to modernize and invent new and better ways of living?

Why did China stagnate, unlike Europe or Japan which were able to modernize and invent new and better ways of living?

Why were the Chinese so hated in America during the 19th century Veeky Forums?

Typical fear of foreign influence trope which led to the entire treasure fleet getting scuttled.

It wasn't just the chinese. It was anyone who wasn't Anglo-Saxon.

Oh shit I'm sorry I forgot to answer your original question. Anyways China was an isolationist nation that rejected foreign concepts and had been for a few centuries and that's one of the main reasons that they feel behind Europe and other Asian countries.

Because they were looked different and acted alien enough as that whites wanted distance?

They got MONGOL'd and it caused them be super conservative and reactionary

>Cochine

that's not Chinks

Because their culture cracks down on any sense of individuality reducing the ways in which you can innovate by challenging the existing ways of doing things.

Mill's got it figured out, OP.

they look chinky to me.
i wouldn't say badass though, unless you were impressed by 4'8 skinny manlets.

because they are ugly cunts
they look like monkeys or ayylmaos

We are tianzi and shit no need of barbarian tech.

Why?:
First isolationism, then the many Opium wars. Unequal treaties, not being the lid that kept Russia out of the Pacific like Japan, late European colonization, late imperial Japanese colonization backed by European colonization, European banking treaties designed to weaken and create dependence, late civil wars resulting from the above...etc

The Mongols.

You try changing the way of life of your subjects while ruling one of the most populous nations on earth. Its easier to make social and economic changes with smaller populations than it is a nation with a huge population where the goal of the day is to keep the peace and maintain a sense of cohesion and harmony. Just look at the United States compared to other western nations. Its easier to make changes with a 40-60 million population than it is to one with 300 million

back to /pol/ with you

That chinaman should have checked the chain before opening the chest.

cause they took er jeeeeerbss!

What the fuck are you on about?
Most of them don't even name race, and some of them even claim they fell behind because of xenophobia, the opposite of /pol/.

Its meme tier history/sociology that belongs in /pol/

No.

The treasure fleet was scuttled because it was pretty fucking expensive to maintain a fleet of ships that huge only to collect the annual tribute.

t. /pol/

The Ming, then the Qing, fucked the economy right up. Production stagnated while the population continues to increase.

OP didnt you listen to black science man? Chinese legalism wasnt conducive to new ideas