Veeky Forums decides what business I start at this retail location

1463 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117

It can't be a:

Restaurant
Dispensary
Convenience Store
Clothing Store
Souvenir Shop

...as there are already too many in the area.

loopnet.com/Listing/19612353/1463-Haight-San-Francisco-CA/

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@37.7699907,-122.4463571,3a,75y,180.46h,83.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sp_drdQ0fwGADk4T19f6W9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
loopnet.com/San-Francisco_California_Market-Trends?Trends=AskingRentsFL&PropertyTypes=Retail
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Safe space trigger free pay what you want coffee shop for liberated womyn and nu males

>1463 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117

Thanks, but there is already a safe space trigger free pay what you want coffee shop for liberated womyn and nu males next door at 1457 Haight:

google.com/maps/@37.7699907,-122.4463571,3a,75y,180.46h,83.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sp_drdQ0fwGADk4T19f6W9w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Knee pads, you know what to do

Optometrist

Black out those windows and remove any signage. Tear out the inside until nothing but a desk remains in the center of the room--this is where you will sit.
At the door have a sign that says: Admittance $10. Make it one of those automated money doors. People pay to come in out of curiosity only to see you sitting there. Have a nameplate on your desk that says: Conversation: $15. Etc, etc.
Get social media hype, profit.
Idiots in California will gobble this shit up, I guarantee it.

This is the least shit plan so far.

You're a retard, physical brick-and-mortar store fronts are gone. That is dinosaur-tier shit.

A bar.

Cooking class.

Eyewear brand like Jimmy Fairly/Frank Walton/Warby Parker

Upscale accessories like purses, bags and watches

open an organic vegan bank.

For realsies this time, are there any bookstores in the area? The property doesn't look quite big enough, but if you can swallow your pride you could try ro do something like the bookstore in Portlandia. Host a bunch of empowered woman events and maybe give discounts to trans people. One thing I'm slowly learning is pandering to idiots is a payday. Especially feminists/tumblrites. Plus its almosy guaranteed free advertisement from social media/news sources.

there is a bar right next to OP .. check the google street view

tobacco/vape/glass hippy shop.

Army supplies/gun shop.
Trigger those feminist sjws

the last gun shop closed awhile ago in San fran. too many regulations make it a money pit, or maybe its illegal now idk.

Blowjob store. The floor must be padded.

from the google street view i see the place is SURROUNDED with cloth store ,, and i counted 3 bars and 1 hippy shop

i was gonna say ice cream shop but there is ben and jerry right around the corner and you would be competing against them my suggestion is
Internet cafe why ? because people shopping need a place to leave the kids at , they wont leave them in an icecream shop or a bar so an internet cafe would be great !

P.S: the streat is heavily compatitve OP so i think the rent gonna be sky high if you aren't already hooked getting another place for a cheaper rent gonna be great

The rent is $6500/mo.

that is outrageous. 6500 bux gone!!!!!! OP is a retard.

Then army themed gay sex supplies shop. M16 dildos etc. It will fit right in.

Good job op
Sign the lease and figure out the details later at least you're trying

Can you suck 6500 cocks a month?

Maybe a retro game store. Stock it with old consoles and games, could throw in some pinball/arcade machines later if there is room.

Holy fuck OP ,,, Your Paying 78k a year for just the fucking space ? change that place,, a small startup owner like you making the first 100k a year is tough enough but giving 78% of that to the owner Plus taxes ?

ask others what rent they are paying and how they manage and i bet you they paying half what are you paying

I really hope you didn't sign the contract yet because paying them that price for the 1 floor shop is retarded

board game store. sell space for rent to people who want to get together and play board games in a place other then their mothers basement. sell board games in case they get tired of the ones they bring. and sell drinks and snacks.

isnt board gaming dead ? arent they all playing online ? hearthstone etc ?

Open a Muslim-style credit union or bank, and advertise it as this.

Banks in Muslim countries don't charge interest (if they do then they get their heads cut off), so instead by giving a loan to a company, they buy ownership in it. Applying for a loan would be like a scenario from the TV show shark tank. Let local Californian rapefugee-loving retards deposit their bux, and you have your capital.

Some time later you will find yourself the owner of a company that has ownership in all the local small businesses. Who knows, you may even do a real service by improving the cash flow of your local community.

Seriously dude: Wine bar.

Serve tapas (need no kitchen, just pre-prepared plates in a fridge and olives)

Serve a selection of craft ales and wines. I do this in the UK and the fucking women and nu-males love this shit. You can charge almost what you want if you bullshit about the product enough.

nigga we in a board game rennaisance. get games like settlers, ticket to ride, carcassonne, and then for the non plebs get cosmic encounter, Twilight imperium, Terra mystica and so on. sure you can sell magic the gathering as that would help you get over the initial hump. but look into it. Veeky Forums board is actually decently populated for good reason.

loopnet.com/San-Francisco_California_Market-Trends?Trends=AskingRentsFL&PropertyTypes=Retail

access denid but still a quick google search shows ENTIRE HOUSES rent for Min 1500 and Max 5500.

renting a shop for 6500 is just bad idea op

>planning to spend $6500/mo
>doesn't know what the fuck he intends to do with the space

Do you even have any retail experience? Like, would you be able to manage the space?

Seriously, you need an idea before you start putting together plans to spend a shitload of money.

Arcade. What's old is new again.

rent-seekers always win hehe.

Won't work unless you host fighting game tournaments and you would have to know the scene to see if there is demand in that area.

Frozen yogurt is the only option. You can pay some high school kids minimum and charge by weight with way too large of containers.

If you want hipsters to FLOW in, start one of these:
A place were you first get a quick class on how to use a film (non-digital) camera, then you get a good quality black and white film camera to go and take pictures, then when you get back you are shown how to develop, and then they develop... (I guess do that first step for them - the one were you are in 100% darkness)
Sell it as a whole package

Start a Trump store. Right in the middle of fucking San Francisco. MAGA hats and combover wigs and giant American flags. Call the store The Wall and print, "If You Build It, They Will Stop Coming!" on all your stationary. Take out a massive insurance policy and twiddle your thumbs till you inevitably make the news and angry homos burn your store to the ground. Collect the insurance and retire a rich man

Record store

Tbh with some shady accounting on stock value this is a pretty good chance of actually working.
Not to mention the 100k+ go fund me for poor you when your store is trashed.

>San Francisco
A high end and customised dildo shop

The only way OP is going to jump out of the red from 6500k rent per month is by doing something super illegal.

Like you might as well form the League of Evil and start robbing banks or planning global conquest. It's the only way to turn a profit.

God damn I wish I was that rentor

this

Kinda a make your own meal restaurant. The kinda place where people can come in, make a bunch of meals for each day of the week. You could also offer cooking classes to help people get started, and also offer your own pre-made meals for those who utterly fail and give up but want to eat healthy home made food. But OP said no restaurants ..... Is it technically a restaurant if they're not eating in?

Falafel or shawerma restaurant

Damn this is brilliant.

Calling my broker tomorrow to find out if retail business insurance covers terrorism.

Designer dildo shop

Any time, Larry

Fuck a Cuck Duck man.

Commiefornia, amirite?

Another day in paradise

I work at WeWork in the city

If you actually start a business, ill quit my job and work for free to start off

has been the best idea so far. A low key craft ale/wine place would do alright there.

My only concern would be serving space vs. cost of a Beer and Wine license there - you don't have to go full-out with a liquor license (which are usually more expensive in CA if you're serving a full hard-liquor assortment), but you really should allot at least a 150-200 square feet to serving space for a tapas menu. If you can't get 2,500-3,000 square feet for customers, I don't think you can break even with that business model.

We need more info here - lease info, Price/sqft, length of lease etc.

Dragon dildo shop

I use to rent an office at WeWork on New Montgomery

That just looks like a sandwich shop

>6500/month

Honestly you didn't really need to include this the second you said San Francisco.

u the man

I've got a better idea - a smoke bar arcade pool hall.

>mfw this is actually a good idea

section the property off into small partitions, get some cheap ikea mattresses and charge people by the hour to nap.

By the hour retail bedrooms and a coffee shop with free wifi in the back. People can rent a room and drink coffee, do some work. You can also airbnb the beds at night and have a makeshift hostel.

You'll need to test out prices, but $20-25 to nap in between commutes to and from the city might not be a terrible business.

You can also reserve beds online.

Japanese capsules cost $35 for the night. See what motels are charging in the area and just undercut them.

feminist jew here, fuck you I love me some guns.

You could charge for admission, call it 'the Compton experience.' Have a bunch of blacks in the middle of the room that gather around people and yell at them while trying to steal their wallets.

What was your company (same guy if my id changes). I mainly work out of Transbay but I've been to civic center and MidMarket so far (just started)

I'm going to be going to the 'Live Sharks Tank episode 36' at Ruby Sky next Friday (check meetup.com)
I'm going alone if you wanna hangout there

>I'm going to a live Shark Tank episode alone
Are you Veeky Forums incarnate?

I would open a shop like lush and/or with some organic food

I dont know whats worse. This plan or that people think its a good plan. Literally might work one time then everyone will know its just a faggit sitting there posting frogs on a latvian competitive falconry image board

Fill it with high end furniture and a maid/butler then Rent it out on air bnb for $300 a night

>"the floor must be padded"
>Not having pic related as the floor and charging people extra for knee pads

Stay poor

That's some Shia LaBeouf shit right there.

I'm full of fucking amazing ideas, I can just never find the time or capital to make them all happen.

I also thing a medical marijuana place could work around that area. Vices and services are a guaranteed sell, even in times of depression (which I think we might be headed toward).

Do wine tapas and medicinal cannabis. Call it of wine and green roses. Play whatever nu males and feminist's listen to now days and make some bank. Tapas is good because you can charge through the roof for cheap ingredients.

Hands down dispensary, you get a non profit status, cash based business, plus a dispensary o. The fucking haight.......... cash. Straight cash user.

I own an industrial design company in the east bay and work with people on all sides.of that industry from signs and store displays to packaging and prototypes. If you mix the heady glass/sacred geometry culture with medicinal cannabis you will rake in money. If you want to be put in contact with suppliers, store designers and promoters let me know. [email protected]

Make America haight again... sell other kinds of masks like Nixon and silly shit, protest gear etc.....

Used bicycle shop. Buy stolen bikes and flip them for mad profits. Rent out bikes to tourists.

Cookie store is right there on haight street, good thinking op.
rest of the people in thread saying dispensary, you give no fucks about the cookie store competition? Majority of nigs and spicks and hipsters are obsessed with cookie store so they can brag to their friends on the webs about where they buying from

Combine some of these for extra dankness.

Sushi-Smoothies (like Jamba juice but with sushi)
Bitcoin exchange & online gambling parlor
Cosplay massage parlor
Coffee-liquor coffeeshop (like starcucks but add liquor shots)
EDM club (turns into at night, also serves coffee)

>hooah bar

>Create the problem then sell the solution
How very Jewish of you. I approve.

It's a ripoff shark tank with angel investor sharks. I'm going just for fun / to hopefully meet ppl

Don't you get half of your gross taxed?

Overall, brick & mortar is a pretty unprofitable way to go about things when we have something called the internet. I can't think of anything for op to get into

How do you find clients?

Are you on the discord chat?

Oakland user here

Make it a boba tea shop (kind of like a cafe but specializes in dessert drinks).

Fucking hell every girl I've dated the past 5 years loved that shit (none were fatties)

A Fudgepackery