/laces/

Laces general

I just got 10" boots with zippers. Recommend some cool shit to do with the laces since they don't have to be practical anymore

>zippers

The anti-zippers-on-boots thing is a meme carried by those eager to have secret clubhouse rules
Zippers, like most other features an article of clothing can have, can look good, can look neutral, and can look like shit. It's just plain dumb to dismiss them all on principle

You should be euthanized for wearing these.

>The anti-zippers-on-boots thing is a meme carried by those eager to have secret clubhouse rules

Yes.

>Zippers, like most other features an article of clothing can have, can look good, can look neutral

No.

Part of even very basic fashion is caring enough to put in the effort. Zipper boots are lazy as fuck, so zipper boots aren't Veeky Forums.

>Part of even very basic fashion is caring enough to put in the effort. Zipper boots are lazy as fuck, so zipper boots aren't Veeky Forums.
What a strange way to view fashion
How about velcro on shoes? Velcro on pockets?
Zippers on jackets? How lazy! Back in MY day we laced those too. Or are buttons complicated enough?
Slip-on sneakers or rainboots? Not a chance, you need at least 30 eyelets to truly prove that you're devoted

Following this logic, scene kids and glam rockers have been the most Veeky Forums humans in history

It's fashion.
It doesn't have to be internally consistent or even make any sense at all.

Zipper boots aren't Veeky Forums. Never have been, never will be.

>It doesn't have to be internally consistent
>Never have been, never will be.

The truth hurts, huh OP?

Not OP but I don't buy this anti-zipper argument. Its practical and looks fine.

Got any pictures of them on you? As for your question, I like to straight lace the first 6 holes and then the rest just normally. Its practical because I can lace them up quicker.

>Got any pictures of them on you?
Not great but it's the best I can do for now. Please excuse how huge the low angle makes them look

I for one don't like them for the fact that it will be the first thing to break, and it breaks that plane of smooth black leather

oh shit, they look good. w2c pants?

Uniqlo slim stretch chinos
I swear by 'em, they're the pants I wear 90% of the time by this point
Glad you think the boots look good!

Not bad. I tuck in my laces instead of having them flopping around which looks sloppy. This particular model is a bit much for my taste, the tongue and soles don't fit my needs but otherwise they look great.

I also like your overall outfit. This is going in the folder. (pic is not me, but identical to how I dress with my 1510 Cocorans/Austrian Memes)

Yeah I get the sentiment. I seriously doubt cocoran zippers will break anytime soon but that would be understandable with some cheap fashion boots.

w2c this jacket?

cool fit

You've clearly never jumped out of an airplane at twelve thousand feet wearing paratrooper boots, and sprained or broken your ankle upon landing. Because if you had you would understand the reason some paratroopers choose to have zippers on their boots.

Very wise purchase, OP; I wear those, too.

Bar lacing is the only accepted method of lacing boots.

>You've clearly never jumped out of an airplane at twelve thousand feet wearing paratrooper boots, and sprained or broken your ankle upon landing
Says who?

Looks like a standard m65