Sub $300 Winter Jacket Challenge

Post your best winter jacket under $300.

I'll start, UNIQLO down winter jacket for $249 CAD

Other urls found in this thread:

kommandostore.com/german-goretex-polizei-parka-with-3m-scotchlite/#product-reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=UQahMX56JVc
ebay.com/itm/N-3B-COLD-WEATHER-N3B-PARKA-U-S-military-JACKET-made-in-USA-by-GREENBRIER-ind/122795965831?hash=item1c9735bd87:m:mxjEbki4Ou7JvtLVfabDkhQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sylvan lake 630 Turbo Down by columbia

$249? Yikes. In the US I bought it for $100 (on sale). Even with the exchange rate that's a significant hike.

Patagonia Bivy

Canada is fucking stupid, I want to move to Australia but sad life there's nothing I can do over there for a living wage at this point in my life.

I can't grok Canadian winter, never been anywhere that cold. Why not cop second-hand?

we're basically canada anyway

Its a really warm coat but I think it looks too boxy, at least on me :/

everything is sub $300 if you steal it

LL Bean Baxter State Parka
>six fiddy full goose down insulation
>11 pockets
>LL Bean's repair service vs. buy-once-cry-once R' Us
>removable hood
>adjustable waist and wrists
>$279

It's not about the country, it's about the fact that you seem too stupid to do some searching and find a cheaper jacket. There is a billion jackets that look exactly like the one you posted for $100 but I will not spoonfeed you

I just bought this Burton jacket from last year on sale, I like it a lot.

I just want a light comfy jacket that isnt made out of crap materials and looks halfway decent.

I really dont know where to look.

outerwear is one of the few spots where i consider synthetic fabrics adequate because of water- and windproofing, but honestly go to a few stores and look at jackets, even if you don't buy anything, you'll get feel for what you want

I got a secondhand Carhartt WIP Siberian Parka for about $140, retails for around $400 iirc. Would definitely recommend, super high quality and the WIP line has a nice modern cut. s/o ebay

This fucker with the liner intact will drive you WILD
You won't BELIEVE the quality for the price

The Uniqlo Jacket is Jacket is actually pretty nice for the $100 other user paid in the US. What's really ridiculous is how much more expensive it is in canada.

w2c, daddy doesn't buy me clothes anymore

Alpha industries n-3b, i have one and its functional and warm

go to a store and find a coat you're probably all burgers and it wont even get very cold where you live
I bought a $100 coat and was fine at like 55N latitude (aka a leaf, more north than normal but not in the territories)

kommandostore.com/german-goretex-polizei-parka-with-3m-scotchlite/#product-reviews

there's a shorter puffer that's selling for cheaper too

paying $200 for fucking Uniqlo anything

pic related just in, i got it slightly used
new price was around $300 5 years ago, i got it for $90 shipped, it's a ski jacket, but i'll wear it casually

if it's too sporty for ya tastes, Cheap Monday Cage parka from two years back, it costed $180, i copped the black one for $60 last summer
youtube.com/watch?v=UQahMX56JVc

>complaining about uniqlo
>buying helly hansen
well that's awkward

why would it be awkward? i don't mind the branding, but i have unbranded stuff too like that black Cheap Monday parka

HH makes quality stuff, functional and often looks good enough to just wear it casually, well worth the (used) price, those things are made to the eternity opposed to a fast fashion piece
>b-but mah Uniqlo is not fast fashion
it is

CM is fast fashion too i, but i got that parka for 70% off, which is a good price, but $200 for a Uniqlo piece? come on, you can do better than that

cause helly hansen is a shit brand
cause the jacket is ugly as fuck
cause you paid ridiculous price for used 5 year old jacket
cause the uniqlo jacket is more than likely better quality

I'd rather be walking around in a "fast fashion" jacket without branding than that abomination.
In terms of quality there is really not that much difference between the two brands, but I'd still rather buy new than used.

>cause helly hansen is a shit brand
for you it can be
>cause the jacket is ugly as fuck
that's subjective, that Uniqlo piece looks more repulsive to me with that fake ass looking fur, big front pockets and big buttons, what the actual fuck?
>cause you paid ridiculous price for used 5 year old jacket
is $90 a ridiculous price for something, which is practically in brand new condition (these things don't age JFYI) and costed $300, now it would be more like $400?
>cause the uniqlo jacket is more than likely better quality
sure mate, Uniqlo makes more quality clothes than a Scandinavian outdoors brand dating back to the late 1800s and used by pros in many areas, where quality production matters more than anything

uniqlo is practically a sligthly better h&m, which is not even always true anymore, because there's a decline in quality in the past few years

Not the guy you're replying to but all your justifications don't take away that you've got shit taste

taste is subjective, there's absolutely no point arguing about that, just like there's no point in comparing a HH sports jacket to a Uniqlo one, but do you like that Uniqlo parka better or the Cheap Monday parka i posted? those two are comparable

Cheap Monday jacket is best, the one from Uniqlo is okay at best, but the HH one is definitely at the bottom in terms of looks

i have a donkey coat, not tue pic related but close enough. melton wool, 60-40 wool-poly mix, polyester lining. cost around 70 eurobucks and has been warm enough for the finnish winter

go to Costco, they usually carry Toboggon brand jackets. I got one a bit longer than a year ago and it was amazing in Ottawa winters. They don't look the best but for the price theyre big and warm af.

Burberry. $135

I like this

Yeah link?

I just bought it on Grailed sorry. Burberry Anorak is the name though.

>these things don't age JFYI
you are delusional
>is $90 a ridiculous price for something, which is practically in brand new condition
When you can easily buy one at the end of season sales literally brand new and unused, I do think it's bit silly to buy used one that's 5 years old
if the jacket ever had any dwr, it's long fucking gone and 300 hh jacket, despite what you seem to believe, is not exactly state of the art outdoor gear, judging by the model, price and design, you just bought lower mid tier jacket of theirs that was meant for dads who don't know any better
if you want to boast about owning durable scandinavian heritave, buy fjallraven g1000 jacket or if you want the technical qualities, eco-shell, the reason pros use hh is cause they are sponsored by the brand, are you?

it's a 5 year old model, yes
it's also just an estimate, because i wasn't able to find the release date for this specific model, but it's about right
you guys pretend that you don't buy stuff from a few seasons back
do we know when the jacket was bought originally or how long was it used? nope
I just know that it looks new, but it's not a surprise with these kind of jackets, i guess i'll see the state of the dwr

i have/had two other HH jackets, a parka, which i used throughout years, looked practically new, when i sold it and i still have a sailing jacket, which i bought in an outlet maybe 10 years ago, it still looks new

$300 is not really expensive for an outdoors jacket, similar ski jackets start around $400 and up at HH now
it's not state of the art, where did i say that? it's a mid tier jacket within the HH brand, but beats your best Uniqlo jacket any day in terms of functionality

>thinking that Fjallraven is any better than HH
Fjallraven is mostly overpriced for what it is, especially the every day jackets, your legendary G1000 is just ply/cotton that has impregnated with wax, it's made by other brands too and cost half, but those are only sold in Sweden

>if it's too sporty for ya tastes, Cheap Monday Cage parka from two years back, it costed $180, i copped the black one for $60 last summer

It's cost, ya inbred twat

thanks mr/mrs/ms grammar nazi on duty, English is not my native tongue, if you weren't able to figure it out

what other languages do you speak other than English? oh wait, most likely none

>but beats your best Uniqlo jacket any day in terms of functionality
nah
but if it helps you sleep at night, sure

>writing a several paragraphs defending your garbage purchase
i think we are all aware you regret this now, you can stop any time

>in terms of functionality
protip: if technical shell doesn't state anywhere the waterpillar and breathability with actual numbers it means that they are so shit the manufacturer didn't want to put them anywhere
>your legendary G1000 is just ply/cotton
>just
you do realize poly/cotton blends are durable as all fuck which is why they are commonly used in military jackets and tent fabrics, which is where g1000 was derived for right? g1000 will last nuclear holocaust, if you want some of the best technical shells in the market right now, fjallraven has that as well with the eco-shell jackets

I know this is a "sub 300" thread but I have a question about this coat I've fallen in love with

www.openingceremony.com/mens/martine-rose-x-napapijiri/skidooo-common-ST197732.html

Is anyone familiar with Napapijiri in terms of quality outerwear? Is the price on this coat just for the designer branding or is it worth it for the materials/quality?

I don't know much about deep winter coats but I just love the way this looks and I'm wondering if it's a ripoff or not

>you do realize poly/cotton blends are durable as all fuck which is why they are commonly used in military jackets and tent fabrics, which is where g1000 was derived for right? g1000 will last nuclear holocaust, if you want some of the best technical shells in the market right now, fjallraven has that as well with the eco-shell jackets
this shell or that shell, every outdoors brand has their own technology and call similar things differently, is the eco-shell the non plus ultra of shells and better than the equivalent by TNF, HH, Patagonia, Marmot, Berghaus etc.? i hardly doubt that
are you a proud owner of a peach Kanken or what's your agenda pushing Fjallraven here?
and yea, i'm a HH shill, that's why i'm copping used HH and stuff from their outlet

i'm starting to regret now (not really), that i posted that HH jacket although i was well aware of the reactions and the circle jerk over Uniqlo

i don't know about that mate, but please tell me what do i regret and what not

it's my 3rd HH jacket plus i have two duffels, do you usually buy stuff from a company for the 6th time, when you don't like what you were getting with your previous purchases?

inb4 seizure a friendly warning: this reply of mine will trigger your character counter again

can we just get back to the topic of the thread in peace, which is the best winter jackets under $300, my HH jacket doesn't even fit the criteria with its new price, neither most Fjallraven jackets do, quality outdoors brands are pretty much out

under $300 you'll either need to resort to buying a heavily discounted or used jacket or you'll receive garbage like OP

>s the eco-shell the non plus ultra of shells and better than the equivalent by TNF, HH, Patagonia, Marmot, Berghaus etc.?
yeah actually, fjallraven beats those brands as far as the technical properties of the fabric go
>i'm starting to regret now (not really), that i posted that HH jacket although i was well aware of the reactions and the circle jerk over Uniqlo
it's not that Uniqlo is 'circlejerked' it's just that the jacket you bought is garbage and uniqlo is decent for the price even though you have irrational hatred towards it
>it's my 3rd HH jacket
what are you even doing in this board

Cop?

Not the same guy but HH really doesn't age, my dad's been skiing in the same jacket for 25+ years and it still looks mint, same for the one I got 6 years ago.

Might not be the most effay but it's an outstanding winter jacket in terms of performance and durability.

>yeah actually, fjallraven beats those brands as far as the technical properties of the fabric go
all of those brands single-handedly? u no say, i'll require source on that
>it's not that Uniqlo is 'circlejerked' it's just that the jacket you bought is garbage and uniqlo is decent for the price even though you have irrational hatred towards it
it's circklejerked a tad bit too much for something which is just slightly above H&M quality
calling a HH jacket garbage and a Uniqlo $200 piece decent for the price, you don't feel that strange? lmao
it's pretty clear that you have an irrational hatred towards HH and you're in love with Fjallraven for some unknown reason
i can't comprehend something though, you as a Fjallraven fan at least have some grasp of reality, but why defending Uniqlo? it has its place, their userbase (mah decently priced basics crowd), but putting it above any quality outdoors brand is ridiculous
>what are you even doing in this board
good question, boredom i guess
fortunately (for all of us) i visit it less and less

>i'll require source on that
go check their fucking sites you absolute imbecile

Thoughts on the cheaper one from Uniqlo? Kinda want something with more of a shell since i already have a wool coat

>go check their fucking sites you absolute imbecile
check their site on that they're the best outdoors brand? even there you won't find such lies kek

why the fuck would anyone buy a fur hood without fur in the hood? It's just decoration really and doesn't even keep you warm and comfy. God, I hate decorative parts on functional clothing.

Quality is good, their outerwear is their best-made stuff imo.

Moncler & Canada Goose > Everything else

You get what you pay for. I step out into 0 degree temperatures and I never feel even slightly chilly.

>sub-$300 jackets
>moncler
Holy fuck nigger, how the hell did you graduate elementary school with that kind of reading comprehension?

C/N?

wish it had a hood but I like it

If you're going to use a down jacket as a "shell", as in use it in wet + snowy weather, the Seamless version is probably better for that even if it's not a true outdoorsy jacket.

It has one, its just tucked into the back.

Well would be more for blizzards and stuff rather than rain but i see your point. Feel like i could do better in that price range then....

jesus christ if you are this retarded maybe you should not try to lecture other people on clothing

bump

Goddamn that's nice

looks comfy and warm. i would. id also remove the branding, if possible.

Paid €99 for that Sixth June Artist winter jacket, I'm really happy with it

Depends on what you're looking for. You really won't find a slim-fitting down jacket that's also quite practical like the seamless down jacket at that price point.

But if you just want a warm and somewhat water resistant coat but have huge bulky arms you can just get at Target or Costco for much less.

I'm actually wearing one right now, possibly best purchase I've ever made

debating whether or not i should cop this, looks comfy and high qual

I guess it didn't need to be slim, just warm as fuck. Does the uniqlo one fill that role?

Not looking ugly as sin is just a bonus

Anyone know the quality on the AI J4? $180

In that case just get pic related then.

Yeah that looks pretty good, wonder if i should cop it or the seamless.

Alpha Industries N3B for that terrorwave look

Surplus N3B $30.

ebay.com/itm/N-3B-COLD-WEATHER-N3B-PARKA-U-S-military-JACKET-made-in-USA-by-GREENBRIER-ind/122795965831?hash=item1c9735bd87:m:mxjEbki4Ou7JvtLVfabDkhQ

As someone that seen 2 NYC winters in this jacket, it's fucking GOAT. I can wear a T shirt and this jacket in 20-30f weather and just have to be moving, and I will be warm. If you are stationary, then layer up, but for the money, this jacket can't be beat, just wish the arms were cut a bit slimmer.

Anybody know a decent coat that will cover the knees?
I already have a long coat that I wear primarily with suits, I need something less dressy

stop posting this in every thread, it's ugly, get over it.

I would get the Carhartt trapper parka over the anchorage one as I've had both and the the trapper is just superior in fit and functionality

buy a gun and poach furs

You mean low life turk look, right?