What hats are actually acceptable for a balding man?

What hats are actually acceptable for a balding man?

Note: a balding man is probably in his 30 so no teenager shit.

Dockworker hat
Greek fisherman hat
Hard hat

DUDE

This is good. That's the Stetson Open Road hat.

The problem with this image is that the cloth or straw narrow-brimmed trilby to the right is compared to Humphrey Bogart's wider-brimmed, higher-crowned fur felt fedora, as though wearing all fedora hats is bad for everyone. The hats to the left actually look like close approximations of Bogart's style, but if one wears very casual clothes, then yes, they risk getting into the vibe the right image depicts. If one is decently dressed enough for a fedora, with a dress shirt and trousers, at least, sometimes even jeans, then it's going to result in a different, more suitable look. Ideally, traditional hats are accompanied by suit and sports jacket, or overcoat wearing, but it can be done without all of that, as well. The image to the right is a stereotype that rose out of people wearing these hats with their clothes being too-casual. It's not that difficult to avoid that particular general look, if one buys and wears the right kinds of hats, suited to their head shapes.

Show me a picture of a young guy wearing any of these old fashioned hats and looking good. And by good, I mean people on the subway look and think "wow that's a stylish guy" not "is it halloween still?"

There's some guys on Style Forum that do it, if I recall. Look at the various hats threads, or "What Are You Wearing Today?" thread.

there's a difference between doing ridiculous poses and uploading the pics on SF, and actually wearing that shit in public.

whenever I see a man in a hat I immediatly go "BALD LOL"
SO you either hide but not really because everyone knows what you're trying to hide or you own it like a man

tfw no one can deliver

This, tbqh, unless it's really fucking cold and the guy is wearing a beanie.

Just don't take the communist logo off and you're good.

w2c longsleeve?

I wouldn't say "stylish", but how about simple and unpretentious? The notion that a fedora is in any way "dressy" is wrong. It's a simple, practical hat for sun and rain protection.

this

Kek

google "flatcaps" for adult level headgear. These are just a small sample, there is a wide variety of style, shape, and material, available.

Is this bait? Flat caps are absolute garbage

In England, all the rich Alphas wear Harris Tweed flat caps