Black TrenchCoats

A subtle style element that can be worn over a suit or a sweater. I believe these are extremely /fa.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Tingley-C61210-48-Inch-Tuff-Enuff-Detachable/dp/B000HHLN84/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7ZN13TFJPM2FVGRSJB13&ref_=pd_aw_sim_sbs_193_3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only if it's relatively short like your pic.
Otherwise it's been ruined by the matrix and is schoolshooter-core.

I believe that people who wear those are also liking fedoras.

Do you really think young man on the picture likes fedoras? I know it's a model, but I saw men with his complexion wearing this kind of coats. They looked good.

I wear a suit to work everyday and live in a place where it rains a lot. What would you suggest I wear over my suit then? Now I wear a knee-length honey-coloured Burberry trench. I don't want to ruin my suits.

duh

that fine you could also wear a black trenchcoat like pic related or maybe a bit more longer like the one you have

I like em a lot op

Just make sure you don't have any numale or fedoralord trappings and you'll look good

the origin of the trench coat , was that they wore them on the trenches during the war. somehow rid gets forgotten and replaced with the image of Inspector Gadget or a "private eye" detective or somethin

A good look, if you pay extra for a well designed one. The classic 1920s fit ones can look a little janky and fedora if you're not careful

...and? All kinds of modern clothes have military roots. Cool fact tho

I just think it's a change and has a striking mental effect. because most people when they think trenchcoat, they think beige or tan automatically, whereas this Black, can be very visually striking, and imposing imo. the standard beige color, gives off a "business" vibe with almost old man type overtones, whereas the black with some nice big buttons and waist tie, it just says chic to me. chic but deadly.

These aren't trench coats tho.

W2C link:
amazon.com/Tingley-C61210-48-Inch-Tuff-Enuff-Detachable/dp/B000HHLN84/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7ZN13TFJPM2FVGRSJB13&ref_=pd_aw_sim_sbs_193_3

I hate how most trenchcoats today are either bell-shaped and designed for fat old men or outright feminine.

no. you are confusing OVERcoat, with TRENCHcoat. They all wore simple plain overcoats, no drawstring no double breasted. they wore black single button overcoats to disguise themselves as "Office" type people suit and tie. Trinity's coat was latex also, or leather, so thats totally different. Morpheus was wearing a long OverCoat but it had lapels on it. Neo was wearing more of a Priest Robe also.

How do you wash long coats, I have 2 from M&S I don't know if it's worth the effort cleaning or just buying new as I have had them for about 3 years. I also have some Dutch Navy trench coat that I really like, but no idea what I do with it.

Dry-cleaning a coat is 9-15 bucks, depending on the coat and the area.
It‘s usually worth the effort. The coat may smell like dry cleaning afterwards though.

kek if I saw this on dude on halloween I'd shout him a drink

I own a navy trench coat as well, but I only wear it with a shirt and tie to avoid looking like a fedora. Unfortunately (?) I end up looking like a police detective instead.

>Wears a trench coat for its intended function not for Veeky Forums reasons.

The fuck did I just read?

I have a tan, olive green/grey and black trench coat depending on what I’m wearing. I prefer them around knee length. They’re an essential if you dress in business formal/casual when it’s cold/rainy. Unless you’re incredibly good looking and built avoid leather and synthetic material. Wool or waxed cotton looks best in my opinion.

Those are actually long oilskin coats

These actually look more like dusters than trenchcoats.