What's more profitable? Starting a fashion brand or being a musician?

What's more profitable? Starting a fashion brand or being a musician?

Dream goal would be both

>art
>money
pick one

But user, Fashion is a business

do everything half-assed like kanye

kek'd

Music but it depends on a lot.
The chances that you'll make a significant amount of money in either are slim

a fashion brand is hard to start up, cost more, and can crash ALOT quicker than a music career

either is not very profitable at all for a large part of the people that try it, but i guess musician is better for the mediocre and a fashion brand is better for the above average people

>What's more profitable? Starting a fashion brand or being a musician?
Dude, you'd probably make a lot more money being a male prostitute.

Well from what I've observed user from sharing the same dreams as you is this.
Look at any great band/or musician
It is a rare occurance that said musician got signed to a big label or made it huge in their first go around. It takes consistent creative efforts to make it in an industry.

either path will provide you an equal opportunity for failure.

honestly it doesn't, it just takes tricking people into thinking you're worth it

You'll end up broke living in your mother's basement till you're in your 40s anyway.

fashion brand, obviously. you're pushing a product in fashion, and it's operated like a business. music is a whole other bag of responsibilities, artistic development / mastery takes a very long time and you never know if the music you make will be suitable for the culture that it's released in. there's so many variables with success in music that make it hard to commit to it full-time. to make money in music, you have to sell merch and tour--music is commodified and will not make you money.
do something that can make you money and is somewhat bearable and develop your artistry in the meantime. keep releasing stuff, if it takes off it takes off but don't really think about it until it's a possibility.

the real question is what is more realistic

this, having passion and being creative comes first.
that being said, making music is free.
making clothes requires materials & tools.

Become a musician

Use your fame later on to start a fashion line

This ain't hard

this.

as a small brand owner, I can give you a few insights:

brand:
-you actually sell something for money (they can't get your stuff for free)
-lower reach
-incredible saturated market (almost impossible to get people to remember you)

music:
-bigger reach (people can listen to your stuff for free)
-easier for people to share your stuff, especially if it's a niche genre (people love associating music with their personality)
-better brand awareness (people can listen to your music a thousand times; with clothes they just spend 30 seconds to look at it, and that's it)
-people associate it better with art ("it just sounds soooo good"; with clothes they rarely care how it looks, it's only about how hyped the brand name is)

I've had enough of my job. I've worked for ten years and I've saved a fair amount of money. Would it be possible to rock up to Naples and work for a tailor? I don't care about money.

Please don't do either because it sounds like you'll just make some meme genre music.

thanks, pleb, but that bump wasn't necessary. let this retarded thread die. OP has zero intention of doing either

post-avant jazzcore isn't meme music