I have 2000$ and I need a completely new wardrobe. And I mean completely new, from t-shirts to outerwear

I have 2000$ and I need a completely new wardrobe. And I mean completely new, from t-shirts to outerwear.

Is it possible to get in this budget enough pieces to be able to get both a look that can incorporate the coat in pic related and do a total 180 and be able to rock some techwear / urban ninja shit as well?

do the work yourself you sperg

I'm asking a question, you retard.

Also, I should mention, I live somewhere with 4 seasons that go full force ( hot as balls summer, cold as shit winters ).

If you buy fast fashion shit and have a good eye for pieces that work for certain aesthetics. Would not recommend tho. 2k is pretty limited for a whole new wardrobe.

desu you can just get basics at uniqlo since it's only 2k. You can get a turtleneck just like that.

If you want a standout outerwear piece, you arent able to afford a new one for sure

you could get both looks, yes
you'd probably have trouble getting new outfits every day

just buy 2 pairs of Triple S instead

For basics like shirts, underwear, chinos, I was thinking H&M, Zara.

I don't want the turtleneck. The coat is from Massimo Dutti and it's 300 bucks.

What's gonna cost me more are probably the techwear pieces like sneakers, jackets and pants. I was thinking about Nike SFB or the new SF AF1 Hi.

>you'd probably have trouble getting new outfits every day

It can't be worse than I am at the moment. I literally have 4-5 t-shirts, 2 pairs of pants ( light denims and black jeans ), a nylon bomber jacket, some hoodies and a pair of Adidas Tubulars. I don't own a single fucking long sleeved blouse.

2k is tight. Start with high quality shoes, spend carefully and you can make it work, but imo you shouldn't try too hard to get a "full" wardrobe, just get enough to not go crazy doing laundry every other day. Start thinking about how to split that money between different items. With you seem to have an ok starting point. Just make sure you're buying things that you can see yourself wearing even when you have more money to spend on clothing. Don't cheap out, just think about what's going to make you happy now and in the future.

Also if you need to come here to ask how to spend 2k on a whole wardrobe, do NOT attempt to "rock some techwear / urban ninja shit," especially on that budget.

It's not an ok starting point. Those 4-5 t-shirts are a mess and ill fitting. Not to mention the pants.

What if I bought everything on a 4 season capsule wardrobe list and then add from there if the budget allows it.

i have £15 and i need a gf

spend it all on one designer jacket

Your total budget is not enough to even get a full techninja wardrobe

You obviously don't know what you're doing. Keep your money for a while and take some time to think about what you want to do with your wardrobe

I don't need to go full techninja though. Just to be able to cycle through a few outfits when needed.

not to be brutal but if you're pitching H&M/Zara as acceptable 'new wardrobe' basics, you shouldn't then also even be countenancing techwear pieces

If you're going to cop a camel overcoat it had better cost at least 1.5K or it's going to look like shit

Why do you need a whole new wardrobe? Did you grow up a nudist?

with your budget you're not gonna get anything great. my idea is a middle ground, you get a decent quantity of clothes at reasonable quality.

set out 6 outfits, shirt pants shoes etc
use the internet to find good fits and ideas. simply looking on clothing sites and what they are modelling in, FA of course, and pinterest if you get desperate
try to keep more expensive items as a multi outfit item (shoes, coats)

once you've done that you'll have yourself a shopping list, now just find the items you need at the right price, go cheap with simple items like t shirts, invest more in things like shoes and pants.

6 outfits should be

winter outfit- layers, scarfs, big coat, hats, the key is warmth and layers. boots

summer outfit - thin, loose, light shoes t shirt, super simple, the key is light. really easy cheap look to get

casual outfit - similar to summer but maybe go for jeans instead of shorts, same shoes as summer, a hip length jacket

business outfit suit- interview kind of shit for when you need to look professional and smart, a trick for saving on a suit is to buy something thats not pricey and paying for it to be tailored, so long as its well fitted even a cheap suit can look good enough.

comfy outfit - loose clothing, jumper, pants, light trainers. something you can relax in but still go outside in. good outfit if you're of the twink disposition. the key here is soft materials

you can then mix and match your fits to fit situations, for example
a professional outing, wear a jumper with your suit, turning it into a more smart casual fit,
or mix winter wear and comfy wear for a classic snug, warm in winter look

you can decrease number of outfits and invest more in each look, or go cheap af and have more fits.

In my opinion, your best bet is to find stuff on Taobao. Not saying fakes (although that is an option), there is a lot of cheap interesting silhouettes around. Obviously, sizing and language is a barrier but if you take the time to search around I guarantee you can make an amazing looking wardrobe for this budget. Buy shoes and coats from retail stores and wait until Black Friday sales and you'll be Gucci senpai.

How I would go about this:

0. Ditch the tech ninja idea for now because a decent tech ninja fit costs $2000 on its own
1. A pack or two of shitty plain white/gray/maybe black t shirts. Hanes, fruit of the loom, etc.
2. A few casual button downs at a thrift store. Between these and the plain t shirts you should be able to cover tops for under $30.
3. Thrift pants if possible. If not, get 1-2 pairs each of chinos (from uniqlo or similar) and jeans (Levi's because why not). $150 max for 3 pairs of pants which is a sufficient starting point.
4. Thrift sweaters if possible, otherwise get some at a mall. Sweaters are worth paying more for imo, so I'd budget like $200 for 2 simple but high quality sweaters.
5. Denim jacket. $50. Whatever fits you at the mall.
6. Wool coat, like your pic. $400. Whatever fits you at the mall. As heavy as possible, as much wool as possible.
7. Hat/scarf/gloves - somewhat easy to thrift but also shouldn't be more than $50 total at the mall.
8. $400 on a suit + tailoring + thrift dress shirt and tie or they're coming out of your shoe budget
9. Now you have like 700 for shoes. $200 minimum for dress shoes or you will look poverty tier in your suit. $300 minimum for boots because you'll wear them more often. Spend the rest on sneakers.

That's the best I can do for basics where I live ( Romania ).

Cause I've been living the ultra minimalist lifestyle so far with like 3 total shitty fitting outfits.

I'm gonna cop a wool / cashmere combo camel coat from Massimo Dutti.

I think that might not be enough items though, but it's a good starting point.

I could definitely go Taobao or Aliexpress for some techwear pieces. There were some boots in a lunarcore thread that were like 20 bucks and looked pretty good.

Thanks for the plan. I'm gonna make my own list of what I think I should get and compare it to yours. Definitely good ideas to go thrift. Levi's in my country is like 100 bucks a pair ( Europe ). Wool coat in my pic is 300 bucks, wool and cashmere and I wanna get it. Don't need a suit, so I could skip that part. For shoes I was thinking a pair of Iron Rangers, chelsea boots, SF AF1's and something clean and white like Stan Smith's or Vans or CDG's Converse or something for that chill look. I also have a pair of Adidas Tubulars already.

>Techwear / Urban Ninja
C R I N G E

nigga shut up

buy designer bandanas and silk scarves on obscure country-specific auction sites.

I will repeat it once again because you seem to be a decent human being : do not buy anything, keep your money and take some time off to figure out what you want to do

You REALLY are clueless. I don't mean it as an offense, it's a fact. You want to juggle between two things that cannot blend and that you do not even master to begin with, all with a third of the budget that you would need to obtain decent results. Maybe it seems like a good idea in your head but I can assure you that it is not

I'm not buying anything yet. I'm making a list and seeing if I can fit some pieces after I take a look at basics. Right now I'm hunting for as many inspo albums as possible to see what kind of pieces I could use to make as many outfits as possible.

Crazy how $2k isn't enough for a wardrobe with some extra pieces though.

Just buy a bunch of Outlier, they even have shirt/pant combos

Sure, he'll spend $125 on a black shirt.

ok this is what i would do op

first basics

for t shirts there are some options. you need blanks in good colors (black white gray earth tones and pastels) and maybe some stripes depending on your style. ascolour, comfort colors and hanes make great blanks and are all under $15. also i would get a white oxford.

for blank hoodies ascolour, carhartt, hanes, champion s700

depending on your style i would also get some crewneck sweaters and maybe a turtle neck or flannel if thats ur style, not trying to force anything on you,

for pants i would get a slim fit pair of black and dark wash blue jeans to start. if you want more paybe a pair of chinos or wool pants.

then for outerwear, think about your climate and things that can be layered. i would recommend a denim jacket, and a nice parka.

then i would prob get one fashion sneaker and one boot. totally up to you tho

dont buy everything in one day. make sure you understand how every item should fit and how they will work together. understand your body type what works well on you.

>for t shirts there are some options. you need blanks in good colors (black white gray earth tones and pastels) and maybe some stripes depending on your style. ascolour, comfort colors and hanes make great blanks and are all under $15. also i would get a white oxford.

Are Gildan not good anymore?

Would lunarcore instead of techwear make the $2k budget more approachable?

It could. Lunarcore can use lots of expensive designer pieces or, in theory, it could be entirely thrifted.

Well shit, I could definitely exchange techwear for lunarcore then. Would probably look a lot less autistic too.

>$2000
How the fuck can you not make it work lol

The thing that makes lunarcore really cheap is that it has a lot of pieces that are easily exchangeable with regular casual outfits. If you buy a bunch of plain earth tone t shirts you're halfway there. White trainers go with literally everything. Olive bombers are normie meme tier at this point.

If you want to get going with casual lunarcore on a tight budget I'd say just make sure you have a decent number of earth tone tees, thrift a couple pairs of cargo pants and get them tailored to your liking (usually just needs a taper to make them look lunar), get a couple of the standard cheap lunar shoes (PF flyers or similar trainers, Nike SFBs, basically anything by Palladium that you like), a bomber, and a milsurp jacket (olive drab obviously). All of this is cheap and can be mixed in with your regular casual shit without too much difficulty.

I'm thinking going either pic related or last year's SF AF1 grey colorway, though that alone would cost me ~300$. But with all the thrifting I might be able to squeeze into the budget.

Wondering if pic related could be worn casually, outside of lunarcore fits.

2k is more than enough for a new wardrobe if you buy fast fashion basics and used statement pieces from a resale site like Grailed. 2k definitely isn't enough to get both a new wardrobe and into techwear. Most good techwear hard shell's will run you a grand on their own.