Cyberpunk 2070

People are memeing about techwear being larp gear, let's get an actual cyberpunk thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LWkIcSFnyCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thread soundtrack track 01
>youtu.be/LWkIcSFnyCk

Tfw the European future will be a racewar with Microsoft Tay helping to purge the lands

Last one for tonight

>tfw Cyberpunk is now

Maann bosozoku and yankii styles are my fav

w2c

techwear ? sure

that looks equal parts badass and retarded.

Good taste

Very nice

If this wasn't so long it'd be perfect

Tay

Most of this thread isn't cyberpunk but I'm enjoying it

are virgil's collages /cyberpunk/ though

I figure this is the best thread to ask, anyone wtc joi's jacket or something similar?

Yeah, I guess I have trouble defining it. Cybernoir would be better, the "punk" side is a little passé especially considering how the zeitgeist has shifted towards cleaner design and more utilitarian gear than Mad Max/Matrix. I think cyberpunk is such a general term, it can encompass masculine tough guy retro futurism like you'd find in an 80s John Carpenter film, all the way to a

I think the key is to have humanising recognisable garments (a jacket, a pair of boots, some flowing or loose cloth) mixed in with clean or technical clothes, plus whatever idiosyncrasies define the individual - Kaneda's stickers all over his bike, Dekard's trench coat and bright shirt, a flash of colour or a seemingly useless (or better, useful) accessory like a tool or piece of technology.

It's not so much cosplaying like you live in an anime, rather swapping out your everyday clothes for some more themed or subtle references to your aesthetic. For example, there is no need to wear a gas mask like old 90s Rivetheads and cybergoths, so wearing one would qualify as Larping. This is what I do, for example I swapped the housing of my phone to a cooler one that fits this aesthetic taste. I like this way of doing things - it makes me feel more comfortable and I enjoy the aesthetic a huge amount without role playing as K, Dekkard, the Major etc.

Raf did a season based on Blade Runner, with the light-up umbrella poles, see-thru jackets and everyting

I just looked and damn those umbrellas are beautiful, can't see anything similar to the see through jacket tho :((

Very nice

W2c

That’s awesome lookin.

The thing I'm worried about is Cyberpunk being co-opted by rootless cosmopolitan bugmen I Fucking Love Science types who will push Progressivism into it, adding anti-whiteness, anti-masculinity into the mix of Transhumanism and Technocracy that Ted Kazynski warned us about. But then again, cyberpunk is a little about rebellion and underground insurrection against the future regime, so we'll probably be seeing cyberpunk as symbolic of Fascist and Evolean groups in the coming future. Not that it will matter much as China will just dominate the world while America collapses and Europe descends into race war

Old school

drkshdw

Not a big fan of the abstract shit and his ideology is paint sniffer tier but quite a nice aesthetic, if it was removed from the Bieber hypebeast Chinese people