When and where to wear a tie

Sup Veeky Forums

I have a question for you all. I work a pretty blue collar job which doesn't require "business clothing" but recently I have been wanting to dress better and more to my age (28)

I want to know when & where I can wear a tie without looking over dressed.?

I want to start buying them with long sleeve shirts (or rolled up sleeves / short sleeves) to basically transform my wardrobe from all the band shirts and shitty clothes I usually wear. Im also thinking of suspenders and no idea with shoes.

Browse blogs and Instagrams before you do anything. Going from knowing nothing about personal style to suddenly getting into it could really hurt your wallet if you end up buying a lot of goofy shit you won't like in the future.

My advice is just start with navy chinos, white meme sneakers, some dark brown Allen Edmonds derbys, a flannel shirt, a blue ocbd and a jacket.

Start smart casual. Don't make the leap to full autist.

Btw I think ties look silly without a blazer/jacket or suit. You will look like a meme if you do this

>I want to know when & where I can wear a tie without looking over dressed.?
don't. you wear a tie when you have to.
>I want to start buying them with long sleeve shirts (or rolled up sleeves / short sleeves) to basically transform my wardrobe from all the band shirts and shitty clothes I usually wear. Im also thinking of suspenders and no idea with shoes.
no on the suspenders and short sleeve shirts until you develop an eye for fashion.
long sleeve oxfords in beige, light blue, etc are your friend, no dark satured colours

for shoes and belt go with plain, maybe captoe, brown/black leather, with rubber soles for the start.
if you can afford it, get english made ones with dainite soles, otherwise docs 1461 should be a good start.

Doc's are disgusting. Teenager tier clothing.

like sneakers and hoodies you mean? if he has a blue collar job those are good shoes for that, much better than leather soled ellen almonds

btw i meant black monos, of course.

I didn't say I don't know anything about fashion. I can put my outfits together quite nicely. I just want to update my wardrobe with a more mature style.

Also I'm in Australia and we're going into summer so jackets/blazers/overcoats are a no go.

thanks for the rec's tho, will check some of them out.

see
Sorry also half asleep typing this and the OP

I have a good eye for fashion and matching colours and styles. I

'm just curious if many of you here wear ties, and if so when?

bumping with my inspo Gavin McInnes.

>I didn't say I didn't know anything about fashion.
You said you wear band tee shirts.

I hate his look. Business clothes and tattoos. He looks like an edgy faggot.

Not exclusively. and the ones I do wear look good so whats your point?

Thats because he is a bit of a edgy faggot. He does know how to wear a good tie and shirt combo though.

post fit

that youre australian and gavin mcinnes is your inspo makes your sartorial inclinations pretty suspect

Can't seem to find fits with band shirts on (I'll keep looking)
Also why would I buy a t-shirt that has random words, a city or a brand plastered all over it (popular here in Aus) When I can buy the musian that I like for merch?

>white shirt
>goes with literally any tie

This clown looks like he's getting ready to sell me a pre owned Nissan. Never wear a tie without a jacket you hipster cunt.

lol why are you so mad.

>white shirt
>goes with literally any tie

show me one tie that doesn't work with a white shirt then

The tie is fine, it's the shitty fit of his shirt. He should've worn a jacket or even just a vest

Cuckold media LOL.

Gavin mcinnes is a numale faggot.

I've always wondered what kind of watch he has.

Why?

He's literally the opposite of that. You the one browsing a fashion board on Veeky Forums mate. Let that sink in.

Wear a waistcoat dumb aussie negro

Nah I don't wanna look like a faggot

28 you're still young

You don't dress with this BS goofy dadcore MFA tier crap

If you're the only person in a room wearing a tie, you have fucked up. Do not attempt to wear a tie casually. Just get some casual button downs and chinos to start and see how you feel about them.

Thanks for the responses

Mate...

Ties are for fags. You might aswell go all out.

he invented modern hipsterism, that why he still looks like a hipster from 5 years ago.