Help. Looking for 80s style jeans like these but dont know anything about jeans

Help. Looking for 80s style jeans like these but dont know anything about jeans

>

best bet is to look up 'vintage mens deadstock jeans' or 'vintage 80s mens jeans nwt nos' etc on etsy or ebay.
The older mens cuts haven't really made a comeback, but you can normally find genuine old jeans with the tags for very good prices.

i think those are just levis 505

Dude, those are Levis 501s. They're the best and most common/basic jeans in the nineteen eighties. Anyone with any self-respect or taste wore them; Seinfeld, etc. That Stranger Things character is 100% as generic as you could possibly be, although if you're young enough people have been shunning that look since before you were born, so you wouldn't know. And by "shunning" that doesn't mean there aren't people who still pull it off extrememly well, it just means it's uncommon now. The jacket is a Levi's trucker, in case you were wondering

get a pair of levis 501 and take them to a tailor to taper the leg openings

Tried on 501s. Dont think these are right.

lol find a pair with the right length??? idiot.

>what is a tailor?

You right. This is why i need help. Im lost when it comes to clothes/fashion

nailed it

This is the best advice in the thread, hands down, but in my opinion the taper should be very slight, almost unnoticeable.

I'm looking for 80s jeans too, it's definitely not a modern 501, I own one and it fits like shit. Maybe they've been tapered a different style in the 80s, but the modern version just sucks.

Are you retarded.

he picked the wrong length obviously, but it's the right size at the waist. 501s fit like that on the leg.

that's because pre-distressed levis like the ones youre wearing are made with shitty materials now. if you want you can get some shrink-to-fit levis and wear them in yourself, otherwise your ONLY option is to buy vintage.

I know they aren't particularly slim it's the fact he picked jeans long enough to double as fucking socks

Fatass

Good god I hate 501's. 510 if you are skinny skelly, 511 for a slim more relaxed fit.

I wish they made 511's with button fly.

lol at least cuff them those are way too long

if you're going for op's look you're going to have to size down once or twice for the tightness in the seat

why would you taper the leg openings? that's not true to the 80s 501 look at all

>button fly
why?

Have you never got your sack caught in a zipper?

How does this happen?

1. Dick and balls go in underwear BEFORE you zip up your pants
2. Who the fuck takes their balls out to pee?

What about Levi 504?

Dude shit happens. It's a phobia. I never said it was a reasonable fear.

>510
waist seems kind of low, actual fit pics where they are worn on the waist and not crotch high?

Hit or miss. I've got a couple pairs that ride low, and a black pair that are high waisted for some reason.

Not sure if I am missing a sub-type of 510's or if the quality control is out the door....

probably the quality control.

The high waisted ones make me want to tease my hair, put on eyeliner, smoke cigarettes , and listen to The Cure.

Other than that I don't mind them. I did WTF the first time I put them on though.

I cuffed the shit out of some black Levi 501's. The cuff is large and the leg opening are pretty wide.

Ask about me.

>ask about you

Ok, how do you like your clown pants?

I need a pair of exactly those jeans! Looks like I need to visit a jeans store and try on a couple of 510s until I find my pair of jeans.

I like them. I'm 6'3 and 250lbs so the size of them compliments the rest of me well.

>6'3 and 250lbs

Well sir I probably would not insult you in RL.

With your proportions 501 would be ok.

Us skellys can't wear those however.

you've got more then double of my weight dude, I'm probably 140lbs at 6 foot

your thinking of vintage levis 512s

of course you can you fucking mong

i am absolutely not believing this until i see it. no mainline levis product has been truly high waisted for about 20 years.

yeah it looks like shit dude, sorry about your luck.

i don't know if they are supposed to have a different cut, but the end effect is that the waist sits higher and the overall fit is very different from every other pair of 510's I have.

direction is right, but it's not yet what I'm looking for. Doesn't seem to be high waisted and the legs could be a tiny bit slimmer.

can we keep this thread alive a little bit longer?

There's no way those are the normal 501s. Are those the slim variant or what?

there is no slim variant of the 501 that I'm aware of. Maybe it's the womens version?

Wranglers cowboy cut slim

they're normal 501s

look at vintage Lee riders, they are that cowboy 80s tight you are looking for. Some LVC Levi's 501 can get slim, mainly the 50s and 60s. Levi's retired a lot of those vintage slim numbers. look for 606 lvc levis

501, maybe 505

if you're too skelly you're gonna think they're too baggy but that's just skelly vision

fix your dick, faggot

>looks at crotch
>calls him a faggot

Fat or muscle?

What jeans are these?

try a light wash. pull them up so they don't sag so much in the crotch. wear a belt if you're tucking in your shirt. the hem should fall right at the top of your shoes or shorter

Hasn't the 501 changed its cut repeatedly over the years? Hell, even within the same batch there's always a fuckton of difference.

There are 501ct which is tapered and a 501 skinny bruh. i own both and theyre sick

Mom jeans work for me

This is the only correct answer, watch beyond stranger things and he talks about having to try on a dozen pairs of vintage jeans to find the right ones. Everyone in this thread who said modern 501s fit like this is a sperglord

people's definitions of "right" can vary a lot

So is quality control at Levi's just nonexistent or what?

No shit. Too big in the waist and too long, you stupid faggot.

2childish4me

Have a look at levis 502 in the stonewash or heavy wash ones. Some of the washes use heavyweight denim.

bump

Pretty much unless you're going for LVC. It's been that way for a long time.