Loake's shoes

Are Loake's considered good shoemakers?

I just ordered two pairs, one Overton and one 747. They're my first time foray into the world of Goodyear welted shoes (with leather soles as well).

Proper shoes thread, I suppose.

Other urls found in this thread:

herringshoes.co.uk/herring/canning-rubber_brogue/mahogany-calf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The 747.

If we are talking 1 to 10, then Loake is a 5, maybe some models can go up to 6.

I'm definitely not rich enough (yet) to invest in stuff like Church's, which I heard is legendary.

Do you have any experience with Loake's?

Dont have any experience with Loake, but if you want relatively good quality dress shoes and a decent price i would suggest looking into Meermin, a Spanish shoe brand.

Damn, those Meermin's sure look good.
Regretting I ordered those Loake's now... Ah well. At least they're better than my current ones any way.

nah, you did fine, chap

They are very good shoes, but only their 1880 line. There are some exceptions with the other shoes, that are still made in the UK, but avoid anything made overseas.
If you can find them on sale, again, only the 1880 line, they are a really good buy.
You already ordered? Well, you are fucked.

Church's is overpriced for what you get. Especially since the Prada take over.

Church's, Crockett and Jones, Trickers are all good tier.

John Lobb and Edward Green are getting closer to legendary.

Meermin are good value but Loake 1880 is better. Also, I've never liked the last shapes of Meermin shoes. They look a bit like formless blobs.

Which ones do you have?

Just make sure you actually know how to polish them properly and get decent kit of that purpose.

Dont worry, Loake are a good brand for their price segment. Just take good care of them.

Church's is so overpriced compared to its competition, ie. Tricker's & C&J. I don't know why anyone would buy Church's when you can get better-quality shoes for cheaper.

Because their shops and shoes are everywhere. C&j have only just started shipping overseas.

Also trickers lasts are pretty clunky looking.

>foot fedora

1880 line is goos. I wouldn't bother with their cheaper models. They have pretty bad bookbinder, and many are made in india

What can Veeky Forums tell me about Sanders and Bakers quality?

That's their aesthetic, i like it. Most of Loake's lasts are pretty clunky, but in a bad ugly way imo

apologise to the moor for marring his thread

Go back to wearing your sports shooes nigger.

You look like a faggot in your hard shoes.

i love you, you are so dedicated

kys

*Barker not Bakers

JM pls

the poor guy's back! How's life?

sanders is great. i have one pair and they're better than loake imo, i especially like their japanese military collection- line. don't know about barkers but would imagine they're on the same level as loake. they have lot of awfully ugly and gaudy designs

That foot pain is really making you cranky, isn’t it? Did you enjoy your nightly hot water soak yesterday to make the arch pain go away?

actually switching to foot fedora greatly improved my foot and arch aches, also hip pain i experienced has gone away

Eh, I ended up with pain and blisters. Didn’t work so well. Foot fedoras also dont accommodate wide feet as well.

you can get foot fedoras in wider lasts if you know where to look.

About Meermin, they are not baf but they are cheap because they are made in China.

For proper affordable spanish shoes go for Berwick. For a really good value you should go Lottusse, which are more expensive.

For top class, you can check Carmina, probably in the level of the most famous english makers, of which i tend to like Cheaneys best btw. I am probably buying Carmina next time i go to Madrid.

Can confirm that Carmina is pretty good, somewhere in the lower top-tier of dress shoes.
More expensive that Meermin, but definitely worth their price.

Trickers suede chukkas
Some old loake city shoes I bought at tkmaxx. I recently got them resoled and I wear them for work.
Grenson sids (recently resoled as well)
Bass penny loafers
Sanders Budapest
Some old burgundy sperries (the only acceptable colour)
C&j Burgundy Pembroke (pic related)

The only shoes I bought full price were the Pembrokes (bastards never go on sale). None of my good year wired shoes have failed me. I recently got two pairs resoled (80€ each) after two years pounding pavements. I'm going to buy some septieme largeur loafers when they next go on sale.

If you get nice shoes always protect them with topy if they have leather soles, polish and clean them regularly and wear appropriate clothing. If you dress like a slob your polished Oxfords will turn into foot fedoras.

They're nice for the price. The quality won't blow your mind but better than most department store brands here. Got pic related for

What are y'all's thoughts on Rockport shoes?

Normie trash

Why?

>Are Loake's considered good shoemakers?

Yes

where is the new picture?

dadbrand. same with Florsheim (non-Imperial).

you like chunky shoes. That's cool. May I suggest you some Oxfords as a next buy? Just to vary. Unless you have a high instep, as a reason for getting so many derbies.

>dadbrand
My dad has a bunch of them.

Oxfords tend to go best with sleek formal trousers. I tend to wear straight fitting trousers.

I work in a shoe shop that stocks loake. They're alright, but bear in mind that they have different ranges- lifestyle, L1, and designLoake are all Indian made, while Loake shoemakers and Loake 1880 are Northampton manufactured. It's quite a jump in quality.

That said, I tend to like the style of the indian ones better. Pic related was my first pair of Loakes- less material used than the English ones so while they certainly don't last as long, they do break in easier. These ones in particular get a lot of attention, but I did end up putting two leather insoles in for more comfort. The sole seems a little insufficient- I'm on my feet all day at work though.

Oh, and I forgot to mention. It's the Loake Lifestyle Woodstock in Burgundy. They get redder the more light exposure they get, which I personally like. I also have pic related from the same range, called the Lowick in dark brown. Looks pretty ace imo. Also, a tip to make them pop more is adding contrast laces. Navy ones for burgundy, red for brown.

Maybe by the end of December or January

you should do an update on the ones you have already. Show us how the creasing is treating those gators and cordovan shoes.

I've had good experiences with herring, both the shop and the brand

Suede boots by Loake are the best of any manufacturer out now

Herring brand shoes are made by loake afaik

and Cheaney. And AS. And Carlos Santos. And Berwick. Depends on the range.

Own a pair of boots from them. Very nice boots and worth the money however I feel some in the shop were overpriced. Decent for a first proper shoe though, could be far worse.

Cheaney? I seriously doubt it specially since the left Prada gruop and are owned by the Church brothers and constantly say that all their shoes are made in their own factory in England.

Ironically, "Church's" is not property of the Church family...

Cheaney is in a sense old church's, right ? considering they own it?

herringshoes.co.uk/herring/canning-rubber_brogue/mahogany-calf

Why leather soles though? Theyre fine and all, but personally I find rubber soles much more sturdy/versatile for casual/daily wear while leather soles being more occasion shoes

maybe this is the place to ask

i work in a pharmacy, and i need the world's comfiest dress shoes for my current job (they just made a new stricter dress code)

It's the prestige, really.
Plus they look better as you flash them when you cross your legs.

Smooth soles (leather, cork nitrile) are ideal if you are going to replace topys every year. Saves a load of money compared to getting the complete resole. Also extends the shoes life.

Leather soles means that you have good taste, they look a lot more elegant and are classic.

Rubber soles are more versatile, but look more bulky and are screaming poorfag.

Compared to a guy with shoes with a leather sole, you will look like a manchild basically.

is this leather or rubber?

Leather

Not walking all day on parquet or carpet equals being poor?

Nothing wrong with Dainite or leather soles with rubber attached on it for us engineers, detectives etc

Leather soles are absolutely shit and have fallen out of fashion for good reason. You're confusing lugged soles for rubber soles. You're pretty retarded.

Sadly this anons autism has developed into full-blown dementia.

Leather soles go to shit unless you're walking around inside a building all day every day. Unless you're an investment banker living inside your office, your argument is invalid.

Nothing wrong with rubber soles for WORK boots, its common sense that leather sole isnt good for work boots.
If we are talking dress shoes, then leather sole>rubber sole.

>something classic falling out of fashion

Thats why you have multiple shoes in rotation.
If you really think that rubber soles on dress shoes is acceptable then i have some bad news for you.
Then again i cant really expect some teenage student poorfags to appreciate good quality all-leather shoes, so i cant stay mad at you lads.

We are talking professionals that dress suits or business casual and are well equipped with dress shoes with rubber soles, not in need of boots.

For example people that is standing a lot, or walking in the streets with mixed weather, or in need to be able to run or walk an ocasional dirt road segment.

In my case i am a LEO and using full leather soled shoes would be dumb as fuck. And since i also everyday go to the courthouse, meetings etc i like to dress as properly as weather or particular tasks allow me each day.

An engineer or any white collar man that ocasionally visits the factory or anything outdoors is in a similar situation i guess. Same for a concierge or security guard etc.

Not everybody shitposting here is a banker or a poshy downtown kid.

topy/danite/thin commando/dovetail heels are fine for dress shoes, stop being such an autist.

You're the worst kind of autist. It's clear that you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about because you rarely leave your room but insist that your way is the best way. Why even post when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about?