Proper Shoes

In this thread we discuss shoes worth investing your money in.

Other urls found in this thread:

pediwear.co.uk/newsitem/116.php
herringshoes.co.uk/loake/kempton-rubber-sole_chukka-boot/brown-suede
youtube.com/watch?v=NzKdA8AjRpg
afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/carlos-santos
products.redwingshoes.com/kingtoe442?utm_source=FMA&utm_medium=FMA- Red Wing Shoes Home&utm_campaign=King Toe ADC November 2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wear 'proper shoes'. Why won't any studs fuck my ass still?

Who here double monk punk.

Am I the only one who isn't a fan of people who buy socks that look flashy in business attire? It just looks gaudy to me.

Almost bought a pair but I chickened out. It was a beautiful snuff suede colour too.

All my socks are purple from Uniqlo.

>wears dress shoes on jagged gravel roads.

>road
>not the pebbles on foot path outside your house

> pebbles
> not being hoisted above the ground on a palanquin by 4 negros wearing bespoke brioni suits
> being this plebeian

Should I invest in these? Need some shoes for more formal look which are not dress shoes

Get Tricker's Woodstock with a Dainite sole instead. The wedge sole looks bad, and Tricker's i almost the same price but much better quality and aesthetics.

I agree. I exclusively get solid-color merino over-the-calf socks by Pantherella. Sierra Trading Post usually has them for the best price, but they restock sold-out colors very slowly. I had to wait like seven months to stock back up on dark greys.

If you've only ever worn cotton socks, merino wool is life-altering levels of comfiness.

What do you mean by 'formal look' and unironically what are those? The sole is really casual.

Personally, I actually like those. I've never before seen an actual comfy or cool looking sneaker/derby hybrid before. I mean, people here will say they're tacky looking and you should either go one way or the other, but in my estimation they do look good. Probably be good for dancing, if you're into that whole mod scene, which certainly seems plausible considering the picture you posted.....

>bespoke brioni

Normie shit

Get something with a Dainite or Commando sole from Loake, Crockett and Jones, Allen Edmonds, Tricker's etc

pediwear.co.uk/newsitem/116.php

first good pair of shoes in this thread

sexy, id?

loake kempton

Loake Kempton herringshoes.co.uk/loake/kempton-rubber-sole_chukka-boot/brown-suede

I find important so say here thay the cost of purchase of a given brand can be very different depending on the country you are doing it from etc.

For example the american brands are probably overpriced in Yurop and viceversa. And of course they are brands that are simply hardly available if you want to actually try the shoes before buying.

For example where i live now the only good shoes i can go and try nearby are Lottusse or lesser tier as Pedro del Hierro. I have to wait for work trips to Madrid, Bilbao or London to buy other brands if i want to (almost any brand in any of those cities buy not the full range of each always in stock at Bilbao for example).

Sorry for bad spelling, typing on the phone on the go.

this desu

Red Wing Postman, pretty cheap desu. Would cop

Those are redwing postman derbies.
Don't do it. I fell for it and bought a pair a couple of years ago. They look way better in photos than in person, I couldn't make them work with any fits. I guess ymmv. Also my pair squeaked when I walked. Really annoying/embarrassing. At least I got a good deal on them and was able to turn around and sell them on Grailed

Yes. Where I live, I paid €40 more for a pair of Loake boots because I could actually try them on and compare different styles. It would have been an asshole move to just try on and buy online from the UK.

When I travel to Spain/Portugal there are local brands that are really good value and I try to pick up shoes while traveling.

what kind of pants are those in the bottom right corner

the material is corduroy if thats what you are asking?

black ae park avenue with vtread sole
oxblood ae fifth avenue with dainite sole

I recently copped the oxblood ones. The pictures online don't do the color justice.

Higher quality corduroy youtube.com/watch?v=NzKdA8AjRpg

Have you thought of buying brogues?

Are Balmorals too formal for jeans?

yes, they look very out of place imo.

I considered getting oxblood brogues but I just prefer the cleaner lines of a cap toe.

I wouldn't wear balmorals/oxfords with jeans. You could possibly go with a derby instead.

I'm lusting over snuff suede brogues both boots and shoes at the moment

Depends.

You wear brown oxfords with dark jeans or even tan with lighter jeans. Just get the jeans to fit properly and wear a proper shirt o a plain colour polo. Borguing and rubber soles prefered.

Black... I wouldnt wear with jeans, but probably you could if the jeans are dark enough. Maybe a full black look with a plain tshirt...

Don't listen to this. Oxfords do not go with jeans in any world. Oxfords are simply too formal. Pairing oxfords and jeans just makes you look like a middle aged eastern european man desu.

There are many looks that can work ok. Forget the meme beani.

Here forget the pants being too short.

Please don't dress like this IRL.

I dont. Just ideas. In fact I almost dont use jeans.

Postman are 289€ and Woodstocks 440€, I imagine the discrepancy is even bigger in the US.

these are sleek as fuck, copping these

You're gonna waste your money

>rw postman
>sleek
They look cool but sleek is not what they are.

Brogues are always best

Are exotical leathers imposible to wear in a regular outfit? Do you have to wear all over the top to match them?

Pic related, lizardskin tassles.

May be easier as said to go full crazy for pic related green lizard chelseas? (Pic are womens but there are similar mens models)

(There are even black captoe oxfords in the collection)

>regular outfit

That's hard to define. I tend to steer away from something like that. The most exotic I would go would be pebbled leather.

lizards

you can't pull those off because they're way too classy
you have to be rich as fuck you cant be some kid on Veeky Forums, its a cultural thing that you wont fit into no matter what put on with it

Are bass weejuns proper loafers? I've got a black pair, I'd want a pair with other colours but I'm not sure what to go for. I'm not going to be wearing them for a while though, winter's coming.

This might not be the correct thread but what should I wear when there's proper snow around? I'd say I dress akin to the trad style or whatever it's called, what winter footwear would fit with the style?

unf. that looks good. one of my friends has brown pebbled derbies with chunky soles and they look dope

if its hardcore winter then just wear bean boots

Thise loafers look like something someone would wear with a light coloured linnen suit and a gold watch. Also as said you need to be rich to pull those off

so ugly I can't even describe. they look like shoes a peasant NPC in a medieval kingdom game would wear

How do Meermins fit compared to Loakes?

Plain, cap toe, etc - probably
Brogues - probably not

Obviously other details determine the formality too: sole in particular. Balmoral wingtip brogues with a chunky sole can be pretty casual

>I will never be able to afford a pair of aldens let alone john lobb

Just get Meermin

Whats up with the MTO section? I have no idea what that shit means but those shoes have a much nicer silhouette

i want these so bad

vass oxbloods

do you live in la?

sorry bro, but no. oxfords do not go with jeans. never. and your pic here is not an oxford, it's just a closed lace shoe, with cap toe, oxfords, in the proper sense do not have cap toes. a cap toe immediately makes them not oxfords, a cap toe destroys all formality and morphs it into casual. that's the purpose of a captoe. maybe you can get away with wearing some beat up distressed burgundy oxfords with a cap toe and jeans, but you shouldnt advise people to "wear oxfords" with jeans, that's horrible advice.

and the guy in the pic does look ridiculous anyway, just because he is wearing shades and a beanie, the shoes even with cap toes look ridiculous.

but sure, go ahead and tell all your friends to wear oxfords and a beanie and sunglasses. have fun.

>maybe you can get away with wearing some beat up distressed burgundy oxfords with a cap toe
tfw im literally polishing up my ebay AE park avs as I read this

nah these are actually what i've been looking for

cap toed oxfords are ridiculous. it's monk strap level ridiculous. it's brogued Chelsea boot ridiculous.

cap toed oxfords are delicious, and every president from Reagan up until Obummer wore park avs for their inauguration. I agree they're less formal, but they're not blasphemy. Are anything other than wholecuts unacceptable to you?

I was going to make a thread about this but I'll just ask here. What are some decent work boots? Everything I buy sucks ass and starts falling apart within three months. I just want some black work boots dammit but I know fuck all about Veeky Forums

yea and all politicians wear the same blue suit with red or blue ties everywhere they go,
>using politicians as examples of fashion sense.

they're oxfords, not much you can do besides the typical politician look except for being a massive faggot with a light yellow suit instead of navy.

Both of these look like utter shit on men that look better than the average Veeky Forumsggot. It's a shitty combo that messes up the formality of oxfords.

Americans just have no fucking clue how to dress formally from the sounds of it.

american, right?

yes u sound American

What kind of work?

It needs to handle a lot of walking/running, going through mud and getting scraped/cut up. Waterproof is also nice

These prices seem good afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/carlos-santos

Ye

I don't think cap toes "destroy all formality". I mean, sure, if you're strictly talking about white/black tie, then yes obviously cap toe oxfords are too casual, but it's completely fine in a business setting.
I agree though, closed lacing and jeans is a mismatch, and not the good kind either.

their the Mall Tier Originals

Made to order. If enough people commit before the deadline, it gets made.

>In this thread we discuss shoes worth investing your money in.
>posts ugly ass shoes you'd normally only wear with a suit or if you're an 45+ oldfag

back to /r/streetwear, tyrone

>ugly ass shoes

You're in the wrong thread

It's almost harvesting season

products.redwingshoes.com/kingtoe442?utm_source=FMA&utm_medium=FMA- Red Wing Shoes Home&utm_campaign=King Toe ADC November 2017

b8

They look beautiful.

just bought these, thoughts?

get these

>rainy autumn/winter
>cant wear my beautiful dress shoes outside

Life is suffering

You can if they have dainite soles

Perfect for winter.

Tried googling this brand, Krugg. Can't find shit. From the pictures looks like decent quality. Should I cop for €50?

I have dainite chelseas and plain boots, but i miss my leather sole oxfords.

Thoughts on Viberg Service boots? That 2030 last makes me cream

yeah go for it. viberg is a good brand

If he wants too look like a homosexual
even people in mass don't wear bean boots anymore
maybe maybe the bean hunting shoes but not the bean boots

is this a joke?

no one cares what you wear when its that cold

I found actual fit pics on Rakuten. They look big, which isn't surprising because Red Wing boots were that big too.

Anyone know of any good dress shoe companies that make quality/custom wide shoes for poor souls like myself?