Beauty Products

Hi Veeky Forums

Now that I'm getting older (29), I have started to pay more attention to keeping my face moisturized to stave off wrinkles. But I am unsure what products actually work and which are scams. Is something simple like pic related good enough? I'm a guy btw.

What products do you use to care for your skin?

Other urls found in this thread:

today.com/health/st-ives-apricot-scrub-lawsuit-here-s-what-know-t106572
dhccare.com/deep-cleansing-oil
neutrogena.co.uk/product/wash/visibly-clear-2in1-wash-mask
paulaschoice.com/skin-perfecting-8pct-aha-gel/190.html
ebay.co.uk/itm/Rohto-Hadalabo-Hada-labo-Gokujun-Hyaluronic-Lotion-170-mL-From-Japan-F-S/252944611494?epid=1466691451&hash=item3ae4ac78a6:g:EfgAAOSwLghZr2Jk
amazon.com/Aveeno-Ultra-Calming-Moisturizer-Sensitive-Spectrum/dp/B001IJ1PBK
naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/90046-why-glycerin-bad-you-winter.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know this thread may seem a little boring but can someone please suggest me some stuff? At least share what you use.

I've heard good things about The Ordinary. I use their caffeine serum to reduce dark circles

Find whatever brand works for you. What works for anons here might not work for you depending on how sensitive your skin is. That being said I use fragrance-free Aveeno lotion cause I can get it for cheap and it's non-greasy. It gets me through the daily commute in Ontario winters. Keep it reasonably affordable that you can use it everyday, because it doesn't matter how good it is if you can only afford to use it for 2 months.

Also I drink 4-6 liters of water daily and supplement with Omega-3/fatty fish in my diet.

This stuff makes your face feel so smooth.

drink water and eat healthy
take showers
wash your face
face lotion for your face
body lotion for your body

I have oily/combo and what I use to normalize my skin and get rid of acne/acne scars, I also double cleanse my skin with Tea Tree skin clearing facial wash by the body shop and a pore cleansing facial brush. Every other day I exfoliate my skin with the St. Ives facial scrub. When Im done washing my face, a couple times a week I use the Mask of Magnaminty from LUSH (2-3 times a week). Then I use the COSRX black head essence every night, and then I use a vitamin C serum on my face every night. A couple nights a week (3-5 nights) I use a sheet mask (TONYMOLY is a good and cheap brand) suited for the skin problem I want to most focus on that night. Then when Im done with the sheet mask, I use a light weight moisturizer for dry skin.

Enjoy JUSTing your skin.
today.com/health/st-ives-apricot-scrub-lawsuit-here-s-what-know-t106572

Holy shit, bringing out the big guns.

>lush

This is a troll post.

we have a skin care general everyday you faggot

There wasn't one in the catalog when I made the thread. Faggot yourself, you oaf.

Are you trolling? Don't use this OP, unless you have skin of steel you'll just scratch and irritate your face.

Skincare is really individual so there's a lot of trial and error involved as far as specific products go. I have some specific skin issues I need to work around that you probably don't have to worry about,

The best way to stave off wrinkles is sunscreen. US sunscreens are universally shitty because Congress won't approve new sunscreen filters that have been in use in Europe and Asia for over 15 years. Get something from Europe or Japan instead. I use SVR Sebiaclear SPF 50, not greasy in the slightest.

Use a cleanser that doesn't make your face feel too dry. You should really only need to clean your face at night since I'm assuming you're not wearing makeup. Don't spend too much on a cleanser. I use Vanicream since I have sensitive skin, but many people are fine with just plain Cetaphil.

The third necessary product in your routine is a moisturizer. Cerave is a good inexpensive brand that's often recommended by dermatologists. They have a few different moisturizers, I use the cream but Cerave PM is probably a better starting point for most people. Again, you shouldn't need to spend an arm and a leg, most of the marketing for higher end moisturizers is just noise.

Optional extras that will have a noticeable impact:

Tretinoin (Retin-A, Retin-A micro, Renova): prescription only but you can order it from online pharmacies. This is the best anti-aging product aside from sunscreen, there is a ton of research documenting its effects. It can reverse damage you've already done to your skin. Make sure you go slow at first because if you're not careful it will fuck your skin up and you'll look like a molting lizard. Don't bother with retinol.

Vitamin CE ferulic serums: Skinceuticals makes the original, Timeless makes the only functional dupe that I know of. You can also make your own using a kit from Lotioncrafters if you want to save some $$. There are a lot of other vitamin C serums out there but it's only effective under very specific conditions so they're mostly useless.

Chemical exfoliants (AHA or BHA): Look into acids from the ordinary. Use the peel if you don't have sensitive skin. These will have less of an effect than tretinoin or vitamin C but they're also cheaper and easier to use.

You can use all 3 of these but you don't have to. Again, sunscreen is by far the best way to prevent wrinkles. Good luck

Thanks for taking the time to type all this. Is it necessary to use sunscreen if I work at night and get very little sun?

Retin-a made me red and scaly.

I was told to eat leafy greens, plenty of sleep and water, and avoid more than 10 minutes of sun per day and my skin stays the same age for a long time. Google "NMF". It's the natural anti ageing you need.

Thoughts on witch hazel and rosehip oil?

Hey, I use that stuff.

Anyway, basic moisturizers with vitamin E and sunscreen will suffice your skin.

If you want to stop wrinkles, use sunscreen every single day, at least to your face and neck. If your skin is sensitive, you have to be careful with ingredients so Cosdna.com is good for seeing the CHANCE of an ingredient breaking you out (something with an ingredient with 5/5 comedogenicity can not break you out while something with apparently no acne triggers can still break you out, it's all individual mang). Just search the product on there and it'll show the comedogenicity of each ingredient.

Some other things you might wanna look out for are whether its sweat resistant or not (if that matters to you), physical or chemical, if it makes you look like a clown or not, and if you like how it feels on ur face.

Although is right that Japan has some of the best sunscreens, be careful since a lot of the popular ones have alcohol in it to make it dry faster which MAY be irritating if your face just so happens to not like alcohol. For me, alcohol makes my skin red and itchy but most are fine and those sunscreens really do feel like nothing in your face.

Although there are lots of nice Asian and European sunscreens I personally use EltaMD Clear since it doesn't break me out and has 5% niacinamide which helps fade my acne scars. Sun protection might not be the greatest, but since I'm not outside too much like the beta I am it's adequate for me.

Also, with all products, only introduce one at a time or you'll become a fucking pizza and will stay inside and hide like a beta cuck

Facial cleanser:
This oil cleanser is amazing
dhccare.com/deep-cleansing-oil

Followed by this
neutrogena.co.uk/product/wash/visibly-clear-2in1-wash-mask

Then this AHA exfoliant
paulaschoice.com/skin-perfecting-8pct-aha-gel/190.html

Then this japanese Rohto Hadalabo Hada labo Gokujun Hyaluronic acid
ebay.co.uk/itm/Rohto-Hadalabo-Hada-labo-Gokujun-Hyaluronic-Lotion-170-mL-From-Japan-F-S/252944611494?epid=1466691451&hash=item3ae4ac78a6:g:EfgAAOSwLghZr2Jk

Then I finish off with South Korean MIZON snail repair and starfish cream.

This is the most based skincare routine and it will give you visible results within 2 days if you stick to it. Give it 2 weeks and you will start getting crazy compliments on your skin.

Remember: alcohol and glycerine are your enemies, any "skincare" product containing these belong in a trash bin.

Also use the Hyaluronic acid thing in the mornings together with pic related which is the most amazin non-greasy sunscreen I ever found. (Why are asians so based with their skincare shit?)

Enjoy.

This but don't get the self-preserving kind, ask for the regular formula.

Their stuff is hit and miss but this is worth it.

I just looked up the effects of glycerin on skin and I am fucking spooked.

Looks like half of the skin products I own are going in the trash now. Glad I found about this sooner than later.

>22
>had perfect, pale, smooth and soft skin
>girls commenting all the time that I look 17
>ealier this year, get the stupid idea in my head that I would look better with a tan
>go outside on an unusally hot day, clear sky burning sun
>put down a towel and lay on my back for an hour with some fidgeting
>think that only an hour wouldn't do any damage and that I should get a nice light brown at the most
>go inside after an hour
>feel fine
>later that evening, the initial browness quickly turns to red
>start to feel burning sensation on face and all over my chest
>spent the next 2 weeks glowing red and in excruciating pain
>literally slapping moisturizer onto my forehead and arms 20 times a day
>face now looks like I've aged it by 10 years
my beautiful face. I didn't know. I didn't know.

Depends on what you mean by "necessary." Most aging is caused by UVA rays which can penetrate clouds and glass, so you're still getting a dose if you're inside on a cloudy day sitting by a window. But if you're not really outside during the day and you're not near windows then sunscreen won't do as much for you as it would for most people.

Retin-a does not fuck around, but there are ways to start using it and keep your skin looking normal. You just have to start VERY slow (like once a week at first) and use it over moisturizers. Back off if you even begin to feel like you're overdoing it.

You can often find NMFs (urea, lactic acid, PCA, etc.) in products that don't advertise it. They're definitely good to look out for but there's no need to make sure you're getting all of them unless your skin is really dry.

I hope you get more than 10 minutes of sun per day user, being in the sun may not help your skin but it's good for you overall. Just wear sunscreen and take a vitamin D supplement.

Witch hazel is a good anti-irrritant and vasoconstrictior. Look for a toner without alcohol, Thayer's makes a nice one. I don't know much about rose hip oil because I can't use natural oils on my skin, but my intuition is that while there are probably benefits they've been overstated by the cosmetics industry. Keep in mind that cosmetic companies always need to find new ingredients to market to keep consumers interested (cosmetic chemists call these "story ingredients" vs functional ingredients). Try some if you can find it for cheap, but there are likely other (more cost effective) ways to get what you want for your skin.

I use Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil, Tonymoly Green Foam Cleanser, Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera, Tony Moly Pure Snail Moisture Gel, LadyKin Affinitic Snail Cream, and Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+/PA++++ in the mornings and LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask at night

You know I’m smooth buddy

I use;
>A: for my face daily
>B: for my armpits/groin/asscrack/feet
>C: for hair, probably once a week as I use no product

+ I use this after I get out of the shower, has no scent but sapoderm soap + this bad boy = no small whatsoever, maybe like a new baby clean smell, then your choice of cologne.

>All these people who aren't use Fresh, Aveeno, or Kiehl's brand facial care products.

What would you guys recommend for someone with dry and sensitive skin? (I'm a Caribbean guy that's not used to the cold)

Keep moisturizing. You're probably still recovering.

Now you know to wear sunscreen. Keep caring for your skin.

I have somewhat oily skin, but I like this product: amazon.com/Aveeno-Ultra-Calming-Moisturizer-Sensitive-Spectrum/dp/B001IJ1PBK

It should work well for someone like you with dry and sensitive skin, but as experience differs for everyone from product to product, I can't guarantee anything.

But in water-based glycerin products doesn't the water in there balance that out? naturallycurly.com/curltalk/4/90046-why-glycerin-bad-you-winter.html

sadly the caffeine serum doesnt do shit but on the other hand buffet works more i'd say.

Any opinions on just simply using aloe vera as a moisturizer? I know it's (supposedly) primarily water, and so I'm guessing that at least it couldn't hurt.

It will be really sticky and not nearly as moisturizing as a dedicated moisturizer. Depending on the formulation and your climate it could even dry you out. Are you afraid normal moisturizers will be too heavy? Look for anything described as mattifying.

The sunscreen and cleanser I listed in would probably work. I don't have specific moisturizer recs, just make sure it's fragrance free with lots of emollients. Brands like Eucerin are generally good. The sunscreen I listed is alcohol free and it shouldn't leave a white cast on darker skin.

is it bad to use virgin coconut oil as moisturizer?

If you just want a straight oil, capric/caprylic triglycerides are derived from coconut oil and a lot less likely to make you break out

If you're actually concerned about aging you should focus on sunscreen as well. I recommend the Biore UV perfect face milk, but for something cheaper try the neutrogena ultra-sheer dry touch. Pick something with SPF at least 15, and don't get a moisturizer that has SPF mixed in.

Here are all of the products I use for hydration
>CeraVe hydrating cleanser
>Clean&Clear dual action moisturizer (sometimes I'll use CeraVe PM)
>Thayer's witch hazel
>The Face Shop rice ceramide emulsion
>The Ordinary niacinamide/zinc serum

>and don't get a moisturizer that has SPF mixed in.
Why's that?
I can't stand the feeling of sunscreen on my face. I've went through about 10 different brands, a few of them that are always recommended on here, including Biore face milk.
I started using a moisturizer with 30spf and while I still don't like the feeling of it on my face, it's a lot more tolerable.

>not using japanese sunscreen

It's like I'm not even wearing sunscreen, but it works anyway.

>the effects of glycerin on skin
Are you the same guy who posted the st ives thing as a meme?

Like I said I tried it and I didn't like it.
It's too dry, too itchy on my skin. That Biore perfect milk is drying as fuck. If I take have some on my finger and get it near my eyes they start burning because of the fumes. When I put it on my skin it feels like shit, and I get all itchy.

I just started using eucerin spf 30 daily moisturizer. I still have the same problem with the itchiness/burning, but it's notably less.
Also almost all sunscreen gives me acne. If I don't wash my face after too long, it's a disaster

>mfw I just want to prevent wrinkles but wearing sunscreen is like pulling teeth

you likely won't be using enough of it for it to be effective

>I can't stand the feeling of sunscreen on my face
Stop being a baby

>Look for anything described as mattifying.
Thanks for the response and thanks for teaching me a new word - I always like expanding my vocabulary. However, I don't think I really need anything that's specifically mattifying.....

I'm wondering if anyone happens to know whether extra virgin olive oil would be a good moisturizer? I know it doesn't necessarily penetrate skin very well, but what if it were massaged in? Also, would sunlight help to increase it absorption? Or is it just going to be a greasy film on the outside of your skin no matter what you do?

Pic most certainly not related.