Is this the best aran sweater ( aka fisherman's sweater ) color or should I go for something darker?

Is this the best aran sweater ( aka fisherman's sweater ) color or should I go for something darker?

Also should I get the one with buttons or simple?

I like simple and darker but get whatever works with your style and coloring

orvis makes a really good one.

yup, but ll bean is peak for money

That's the thing though I'm building a completely new wardrobe and style and I've never had a fisherman's sweater in my life.

I'm going with LL Bean's version ( the ones posted ).

Buttons can be cool layered correctly but the plain neck is more versatile. Also the button one will cover your neck a little which can be nice.

I like both colors. I'd probably go with green because I have a decent number of khaki jackets that I'd want to layer over a sweater like that. If you wanted to use a navy or olive jacket I'd say the cream would be better though

I plan on buying a camel coat. Could that work with the cream?

I'd definitely go with green for under a camel coat. Cream and camel could work but I'd probably want to see the colors in person. If there's a good return policy you could always get both and see what you like with a camel coat/whatever else

Not really an option unfortunately. Ordering it from the other side of the world.

Pic related is coat in question btw

I'd go with green too but I really like that classic fisherman aesthetic, aka the cream

A camel coat ruins the "classic fisherman aesthetic," get an olive wax jacket if you want the fisherman aesthetic

Ah no, I meant when I'll be wearing it by itself. I know the camel coat has nothing to do with fishermen.

w2c a good waxed jacket

Barbour

green is best

Anyone got some fisherman inspo?

the obligatory

>wouldyoukindlycore

all I've got