How do you wet your face?

Pic related, I'm starting think that I don't have a good method for wetting my face before I shave and that it's damaging my lips. What does Veeky Forums recommend? I've tried face clothes but they seem to dry my face as much as they wet it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9HLwfaVhVzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just use water and then use a towel to dry it? Finish with a moisturizer
Its not rocket science

Kind of spooky image OP

>use water
How exactly?

This

Thanks, that's part of why I'm looking to fix this shit.

haha what? Use water based moisturizer after showers/shavings and for the love of god buy lip balm nigga. honestly the shape of your lips is just unsettling

>how to use water on face
Really nigga. Just splash ur face and use lipbalm

looks like oral cancer, op
sorry for your loss

>Just splash ur face
How's that going to wet everywhere that I'm going to shave?

Congratulations, I actually took the bait and Googled it.

I somehow doubt that other men buy moisturizer for this shit.

DRINK MORE WATER YOU SCUM AND LAY OFF THE COKE

Form your hands like a jug and splash it to your face

Other men don't have lips like you

Then use a shower goddammit
How can one be too stupid to use water

>Form your hands like a jug
How?

I only drink water and tea. I drink fuck tonnes of water. The only drug I do is vitamin D.

I'm usually hurrying around in the morning. I probably wouldn't have for that.

Nice my dude but remember, as a water bro you need to get them minerals as well if you drink a lot of water.

It's equally important!

>You should shower in the morning anyways
It's as If you never drank water out of a creek, or directly from the tap that is

I do shower in the morning, immediately before my shave as a matter of fact, but by the time I've walked back to my room my face is no longer anywhere near as wet as I'd like it to be.

Your face is not supposed to be wet after you shaved
Reply honest: how many people with wet faces do you see on a normal day

use an oil moisturiser

Why would the wetness of your face when shaving damage your lips? You aren't dragging the blade across your lips, are you?

You really need to drink more water and/or use a moisturizing lip balm.

Why are you shaving outside your bathroom?

I shave in my room.

>Why would the wetness of your face when shaving damage your lips?
Because shaving creams tell you to use hot water.

Simple solution
Get an electronic razor, no need for shaving cremes or wetness
Shaving in a room other than the bath is fucking retarded tho
What do you even do with the hairs
Do you really go back to the bath to wash your face after?
Pls just kill yourself

>Get an electronic razor
In my experience they either don't cut my hairs or they give insane levels of razor burn.

>Shaving in a room other than the bath is fucking retarded tho
Why would you shave in a room without a mirror?

>What do you even do with the hairs
>Do you really go back to the bath to wash your face after?
There's a sink in my room.

Shave in the shower.

Adjust shower for wetness.

Phillips oneblade does a perfect job for me

>shaving without a mirror

See

Are they really that bad? What do you think is wrong with me?

You clearly have severe mental Retardation but I think you also might have dry skin
Buy lip balm and use it

Oh fuck your lips are gross. Not even just the dryness, the general shape.

>Buy lip balm and use it
I do, generally speaking it's a cure but not prevention. When using it I often find that my lips get worse than they ever have been as soon as I stop.

I know. Is it fixable?

ur a mouth breather its as simple as that
also drink more water

How do I fix that? I usually struggle to breath out of my nose, I blame colds and the cold.

Keep your nostrils clean
Buy a noseshower or whatever it is called and wash your nose out with saltwater
Also use paper tissues to clean your nose when needed

Why are you shaving your lips? Do you have lip hair?

I'm not shaving my lips.

>Why would you shave in a room without a mirror?

Seriously? Tell me... do you live in India?

I live in the UK. Why would you put a mirror in a room where you're using a shower? It'll just get covered in steam.

To shave for example, or to pluck nosehairs, to comb your hair...
Why would you have a mirror in a room that's not the bath?

Hot showers arent healthy for you.

The room that I have with a shower in it is just a shower and a door.

And yet this thread is suggesting that I used them to get hot water on my face. I can't win here, can I? What method do you use?

That's retarded
You get your whole floor wet this way

The shower also has a door, there's also a small stand for shit like shower gel and there's the door to the room which has a lock and a peg on it. It's particularly shit for your slippers, they're guaranteed to get wet.

then just go in barefoot? I don't understand why your slippers have to be anywhere near this private water world.

Because I don't want verrucas?

I have walked barefoot my entire life in my home unless I needed to do house work and I have not once gotten Verrucas. If your home is sanitary then this shouldn't be an issue.

I use cheap shaving cream, it's better then water for preventing razor burn. However you should shave after a shower, and trim beards before shower.

Bongs don't have sanitary homes
When we had a class trip to bongland and had to stay in host families we got a warning from the organisation that bongs don't have the same sanitary standards as Germans and we shouldn't make fun of our hosts because of that
Bongs live like vermin

How does that change things? I've yet to see a shaving cream that doesn't tell you to wet your face with hot water first.

quick google search

The use of cream achieves three effects: lubricates the cutting process; swells keratin; and desensitizes skin. Shaving creams commonly consist of an emulsion of oils, soaps or surfactants, and water.

And how does that change the fact that I still need to wet my face?

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=9HLwfaVhVzA

It doesn't. It's a matter of providing a cleaner cut and preventing you from scraping as much skin off your face when you drag a metal blade across it (razor burn).

you can honestly use no water at all to shave, but the end result would be a lot of razor burn.

Unironically true.

So I tried to open my mouth after doing this tongue positioning and not mouth-breathing shit for a while. Pic related, no idea why it's so much a lower quality than last time. What the hell has happened to an entire side of my mouth? It's as if I've been putting fucking glue on it or something. Is this normal?

This fucking thread.
OP is a savage cunt.

What did I do that was that good?

Your face doesn't need to be wet while you're shaving.
Just take a warm shower to warm up the hairs on your face, warm up a razor, lather your face with shaving cream, and fucking shave.

>Your face doesn't need to be wet while you're shaving.
Every bottle of shaving cream that I've seen seems to be very specific about covering my face with warm water first.

Im losing my mind over what a fucking disaster this thread is

open the sink and put your face under the water stream one side at a time

I wonder what has to do wetting your face with damaging your lips. If your lips hurt just apply however that lipstick is called (english is not my first language) to moisture your lips while they recover. Once they recover, don't fucking lick them every minute or try to not breath too much with your mouth, because they'll get dry and will hurt again.

Think of children, they generally have dry lips, because they often have they lips full of saliva.

Now, for shaving, do splash your shaving areas with warm or hot water.
Plus, if you apply enough water, you don't even need to use cream to shave. For example I, when I shave, I do it right after taking a bath.
I even know of people that shave while they take a bath.

Absolutely not an option, my hot tap is scalding.

So I've just got out of the shower. The only places on my face that touched a towel were my forehead and my nose. Now that I've walked to my sink, touching my face reveals it to be dry. I've got no clue what I'm missing here.

1. fill sink with water
2. stick face in water until you drown, erasing yourself from the genepool

I've tried the first few bits of that, but it's only got me back to where I started - suspecting that my method of wetting my face is damaging my lips.

How low is your IQ op?

holy load of autism this thread
step 1: throw scolding hot watet onto your face and neck
step 2: shave
step 3: old spice aftershave
step 4: towel

I don't lick my lips, but I'm currently doing my best to quit mouth-breathing. Quitting has made my lips change but I'm not sure if it's for the better.

Seemingly very.

>throw scolding hot wate
I've tried that before, it's too hot for me to hold and even if I reduce the temperature (which often then seems too low), I still seem to do a bad job of throwing it.

Are those Schaub's lips?

Do women shave?
Do men suck dick?

The universe is full of mysteries.

Adjust water to lukewarm, splash and rub water on face until completely wet. It's not hard.

>rub water on face
Hmm, I've not tried that before. Won't the water just pour off of my hand and back in to the sink?

Yes, most will. But enough will stay on your face to apply shaving cream. Experiment for yourself.

Sorry, but Veeky Forums absolutely obliterated you on that one.

link to threat?

If you're using balms, try to avoid them. Most dry your lips even worse. You shouldn't have dry lips just from washing though, unless you have like eczema. Make sure to drink a lot of water, your lips are a tell of how hydrated you are. Also don't just lick them, saliva is the first part of digestion. I've heard a dab of olive oil or coco/shea butter should help.

Funny, I can see the similarity.

>If you're using balms, try to avoid them. Most dry your lips even worse.
Honestly I've tried everything under the sun. At best they're a cure but not a preventer.

>Make sure to drink a lot of water
I do. I only ever drink water or tea.

>Also don't just lick them, saliva is the first part of digestion
I don't lick them or pick at them.

LOLOL

I'm ashamed to admit that my lips are even worse now than what they were then. I'd like to blame mouth breathing, but I've done my best to stop it and as far as I can tell things have only gotten worse.

Just put on some chapstick

I had a really bad dry rash on my lips once. it could be something similar. try using hydrocortisone or some other topical steroid. other than that nothing ever helped me

This.

It needs to reprimand you for it to work.

Also, don't forget to use watet.

Way ahead of you, although I still don't like how chapstick never seems to be any more than a temporary cure.

Google images seems to disagree.

Just put it on before you go to bed until you die

I've tried that before, it was never enough. I need to use it religiously for like 2 days before things look like they've healed, but then as soon as stop using it so strictly they go back to their old ways.

i've got a somewhat similar issue to OPs.

my scalp is dry as fuck to the point that i can't even feel it anymore since its so much dead skin. the skin on my face is also dry as fuck. lips aswell. my nose is so dry i can't even smell much anymore and my mouth is so dry that i always have a white tongue and can barely taste anything anymore.

i try'd no shampoo for 2 weeks. didnt help.
dosen't matter if i shampoo/conditioner every day or 2.
try'd lots of different shampoos, conditioner for over 2 months. didn't help. dosen't matter if i wash my head with warm or cold water, low or high pressure or massage it for a couple of minutes.

i don't take any drugs and drink more then 3l a day from a mix of 2/3 water and 1/3 tea. even try'd low water intake for a month and another month of only water. didnt change shit.

brushing my teeth with regular toothpaste gives me a massive headache since it removes the last bit of split from my mouth. when i eat something i have to take a sip of water after every bite or else i damage the insides of my mouth since its so dry.

and its not winter related either since i got all of these issues for many months now. dry mouth and dry nose even for years.

forgot to name my ears also get dry as fuck to the point that if i don't moisturize them every other day i get crazy itches.

please help.

other men will age like shit and have bad skin

use moisturizer after washing your face/shaving, kids.

Dry skin, always thirsty, drinking lots of water, and having dry mouth despite drinking water, are all symptoms of type 2 diabetes. Get checked out user. God speed.

>yfw this man doesn't know how to cup his hands

HOLY SHIT ITS AN ALIEN

wouldn't i have died by now tho? the dry mouth part has been part of my life for years now.

Holy shit, go to a doctor.

saw a doctor a couple of hours ago. blood test is done. will know further details on friday. another appointment for a doctor who specialize in mouth and nose is also scheduled.

lets hope its not diabetes.

I don't know much. This thread should've made that pretty clear.

Would daily showers help me keep my lips hydrated? I usually only shower every other day.

Shower Every day