Why should I even bother with fashion...

Why should I even bother with fashion? Why shouldn't I just get a nice collection of suits and shoes and wear them everyday?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bhy0_jkOXCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

one aspect of fashion is dressing appropiate for the occation. one does not wear the same clothes doing grocery shopping as during a dinner date.
if you're looking into dressing "fancy", which is understandable as a lot of Veeky Forums is thrifting an 80's windbreaker and going "hurr streetwear", search up a /prep/ thread

That's fashion you retard

>one does not wear the same clothes doing grocery shopping as during a dinner date.

There's no reason I shouldn't wear a suit to do either.

>if you're looking into dressing "fancy"

No. I just want a basic adult male wardrobe.

No, fashion comes and goes.

You're assuming OP engages in a variety of daily activities. That is a big leap to make on Veeky Forums.

>No. I just want a basic adult male wardrobe
That's called "smart casual"
Suits are for professional or formal settings.

>Suits are for professional or formal settings.

Only if you're classless.

Sure I do. I have a very active lifestyle.

Such as?

Don't forget the fedora.
Gotta keep it classy.

Oh, this and that.

That would be fashion.

Because suits are boring, except some cocktail style ones, seersucker or country looking tweed... That are a bit too flashy.

And even playing safe and going the boring-sharp route, you would look dumb every now and then. Nowadays is hard even to look always "in place" with blazers or sport jackets due to excess of formality.

I don't look dumb, ever. Unless I mean to, as if to entertain a small child for a moment.

And I really do wish you people would stop trying to equate wearing something that has lapels with being "formal".

In present times every head gear except technical sports stuff and the ocasional "i have to go outside to get bread and my hair is shit baseball cap", looks stupid.

So, it has to be VERY COLD or VERY SUNNY to dont mind looking stupid and wearing a damn hat/beanie/cap.

Sorry man, but thats the way it is. Suits are professional uniforms or formal attire.

Shame but true.

>No, fashion comes and goes.

Thankfully suit cuts don't undergo trends and you can just put on any timeless suit from the 20s, 40s, 80s, 90s or whatever. Don't forget the fedora to match.

>Suits are professional uniforms or formal attire.

The first part of this is true, at least.

There is fashion in the category of suits, but there are a few timeless styles and cuts. Certain proportions aren't subject to fashion. Or at least, certain tastes change extremely slowly.

As I said, fedoras are fashion. Always were.

>As I said, fedoras are fashion. Always were.
not sure if everyone is baiting on this board or serious

suit with non-business cut = casual
suit without tie = casual
suit with polo = casual
mix/match jackets/trousers = casual

>No, fashion comes and goes.
Every era leaves behind timeless elements. If you're canny enough to spot them you can build an aesthetic that will last forever. Wearing suits 24/7 is fucking autistic and will actively lose you friends.

It's like 60/40 baiting to serious.

oge

I have a different grid.
Suits with polo=cancer
Suits without tie=cancer
Suit with nonbusiness cut or fabric= i considerar it cocktail or sporty but dont like to call it casual.
Missmatch= i dont like using suit's jackets as blazers, but yes, casual for blazers or sport jackets.

People will think you're a fucking autist
It actually becomes a negative at that point

Suits aren't practical or comfortable. They are formal clothes and society does view them as a formal attire for business and fancy events. I highly doubt you are a businessman or lawyer. Neither do I think you attend to high-society events.
I have one suit for rare occasion I have to wear one (wedding, family reunion, taking girl or boy to restaurant, theatre). But for my daily wear I wear clothes that are more practical and are designed in a way that pleases me and let's me portray myself to others without many words as I can't call myself a very verbal person.

You'll just be that weird dude who wears suits all the time. Think about how many times per week, per month, or even per year you attend formal events where a suit is required. I don't know about you, but for me that's maybe 3, 4 times a year? I haven't even brought any of my formal attire to uni because it's just so unused.

t. impresionable lower middle class member

Suits a hundred years ago are way different than current ones

>one does not wear the same clothes doing grocery shopping as during a dinner date.
I do tho. Still never wear suits

Suits are best, fuck fashion

>suits dont undergo trends
youre doing reviewbrah a real disservice by saying that. he specifically says he likes 80s style sootz
>wide lapels (?)
>pleats
>flowy pants

not where I live
here everyone wears beanies or knit hats
there are places you look out of place if you're not wearing one

i dont get this question. if you dont care about fashion then go ahead, but then why ask this question?

you'll feel superior to your inferior peers, it's a form of enlightenment

also requires total commitment, you can't just buy one piece and think ur hot shit, you gotta go balls deep on a fit/look and flex ur shit in the most absurd/autistic way... only then will you be Veeky Forums

I live in a warm climate where wearing a suit is tryhard

I recognize that look
youtube.com/watch?v=Bhy0_jkOXCo

"Dress for yourself" is a meme peddled to you by retards and by people that want to sell you unfashionable clothes.
The implication is that if you "dress for yourself" you will look like an idiot to everyone else. And there's no good reason to pay good money to look like an idiot.
If you decide you don't want to look like an idiot then you have to accept certain constraints and accept that you are not in control of the constraints.
eg. That you probably can't wear a fedora without people thinking you look like a fool.

There would be drawbacks to always wearing a suit. One might simply be that you don't look good wearing them. Maybe you don't get the fit right or you just look too young or something else.
Another would be that people will think things of you that you may not wish them to think. Like, you're arrogant, you have autism.

"Fashion intelligence" is knowing when to wear things, what looks good on you, what people think looks cringe etc. If you want people to think you look good you need to develop that.
If you really don't care what people think: you can do whatever you want.

OP I used to know someone who tried this and they looked like a complete tool all the damn time. Not to mention when you have to do anything even remotely active and you have to resort to your backup clothes, you're going to look awful.

Also, here's the thing; this is a really superficial way of thinking about fashion.

If you're actually interested in making yourself look attractive, you also need to look like someone who's well-balanced. It's the difference between having your entire Instagram filled up with pictures of you posing all stiff, in the same exact way, in the same exact clothes, vs having a bunch of different, active poses and being in different places with different people.

This won't just be inconvenient, you're also going to look boring as fuck.

>why should you bother with "fashion"?
it's fun. it's a way to express yourself. it's a way to change how you are perceived by society. if you are always only wearing suits, then you will be perceived the same way always.

>Why shouldn't I just get a nice collection of suits and shoes and wear them everyday?
Maybe you should. There's no rule or law about what you have to wear, other than not being nude in normal society settings.

>"Dress for yourself" is a meme peddled to you by retards and by people that want to sell you unfashionable clothes
lol wha---? that's ridiculous. ridiculous and absurd.

Because you're not autis-- you know what, you're right go ahead.