Wtf happened to Levis?

Wtf happened to Levis?

I used to easily be able to buy 100% cotton jeans with a good fit at a reasonable price super easily.

Now 90% of what they sell is full of elastane and polyester that make everything, even the non "stretch" variety, of jeans feel like fucking yoga pants.

What's the deal? Is it still possible to get

levis went to absolute shit. All their pants fit so differently regardless of the style number

Levis have always been shit quality compared to other mainstream brands. I do agree though, this elastane and polyester bullshit is the final straw, I wouldn't even consider buying Levis now.

501s, 505s, 550s, 560s, are all still good and are what you described

levi's 511 are an okay fit for me but the waist is just too low. I wish this low waist trend never started, it's just impossible to find slim jeans with a high waist.

not sure why anyone would buy mall-tier levis in the year 2017. the quality is shit, they fit horribly and the sizing is inconsistent. for like $40 you can get a way better pair of jeans from the gap, or eddie bauer, or ll bean, or numerous other places if you want to stay in the 40-60 dollar price range

modern 511s fit me like trashbags

not to mention the stretch bullshit

Activewear influenced mainstream brands. Where have you been the past few years?

Stretch denim has been around for 20 years, but denim is pretty much dead because of activewear.

Workwear and selvedge denim was big just 5 years ago. When Japanese raw was everywhere in the scene and people were copping $300+ Samurais and Iron Hearts left and right. Can't expect trends to last forever in the social media age. Expect the same with the activewear craze.

desu i don't see activewear going anywhere, it's been a steadily rising trend for almost a century as clothing becomes more casual

Samefagg

>10 IPs

Newfag

Some brands will always carry it, sure. But mainstream lines (ie. what you see in big department stores) will change into whatever overarching trend exists at the time. You don't see Levi's pushing LVC raw or Ralph Lauren with RRL right now, but they were doing that a few years ago at the height of "street workwear" even in outlet stores.

There's a Jeans store around the corner and I'm looking for slim, high waisted blue jeans, sort of neo 80s/Stranger Things style. Which Levi's model should I be looking for or are there better brands for sub 100€? German based btw.
>inb4 501
501s fit like shit, I'm fairly skinny and 501s are way too big.

i've been having this exact same issue recently... managed to cop a pair that kind of fits this bill - levi 505c. pic rel on the lft = the kind of fit/look im hoping for.

Im ultra skinny so i will have the calves tapered in a little bit and perhaps a little bit of weight taken out of the thighs too.

hope this helps user

501s (and 505s) are literally what's being worn on the show

they look pretty nice, thanks user!
How high is the waist?

but they've got a whole team to look for vintage pants and they've got people to alter them perfectly for each actor and I own a pair of modern 501s, they aren't what I'm looking for unfortunately

dont think you know what that means

These jeans are standing on their own!

hello, newfag

Those are low as fuck man, they just fit very well in the thighs

>fit on 5 pairs of 501 in the same size
>all fit differently

>Im ultra skinny so i will have the calves tapered in a little bit
what sort of logic is this

just buy them in the right size