/JDG/, Japanese Designer General

We should bring these back!

/JDG/ is a place to discuss general Japanese designer fashion from designers such as Yohji Yamamoto, Rei Kawakubo and Junya Watanabe (Comme des Garcons), Issey Miyake, Takahiro Miyashita (TheSoloist and Number (N)ine), Jun Takahashi (Undercover), Chitose Abe (Sacai), and such. Note that we do not allow discussion of brands like Y3 and CdG Play.

>/JDG/ sticky
pastebin.com/3FipeC0F

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/fa/thread/S12755330
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d245407735
softs.to/2017/10/14/ccp-x-softs-ghost-ant-colony-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>heaps of resources
>Buy books
Which ones?

warosu.org/fa/thread/S12755330

mfw they wish they were classic americana
mfw their nothing but designer fakes

:))

They always add their own twist to it

r.i.p Veeky Forums

Bumping the thread for something I've been looking for a while. Although it doesn't have to be a Japanese alternative, I'm looking for a pair of functional and relaxed pants similar to those by Eiichro Homma's Nanamica. North Face Label is cheaper, but not a fan of the branding.

I'm looking for something of the same look, similar functionality, somehow cheaper.

Picture related is Nanamica's Alpha Dry pants

Here's some pants
I would recommend you check At Scelta's site, they have good prices and loose clothes

When it comes to material I'm looking for Nylon or Polyester. Which I feel these pants don't really fill. However thanks for the store, I'll definitely have some fun looking at inspiration through this.

Any other stores you like?
I frequent Digital-mountain, Silver and Gold, and Strato.

World
Beams and Zozo, of course
Brand you might wanna check out is Newline Halo from Denmark, modern mil spec build, but modern fits....underrated brand

Although American in origin, why is Engineered Garments so overshadowed in the west. God damn I want to cop this suit

Engineered Garments was started by a Japanese dude named Daiki Suzuki. He moved to the US later on when he was working for Nepenthes. When he convinced Nepenthes to open a store in NYC around '98 Americans just weren't really into that sort of clothing so the store didn't last long but that was around the time he started making the connections and pieces that led to Engineered Garments.

He initially created EG with the Japanese market in mind because the Japanese were so much more keen on that classic American style than the Americans were at the time.

I think it's only since 2009 or so when when heritage brands and styles came back into fashion that Engineered Garments really found its place with an American audience and even then it's mostly been among an older wealthier crowd. Most young people buying into the heritage scene go for classic American labels they know like Red Wing and Filson. EG has always been a bit more forward thinking even with their classic inspiration, which keeps it on the fringe.

I had a talk about this exact thing with the owner of the only EG stockist in my area and he said most of his EG stuff is sold to wealthy middle aged men who want to look adult but still stylish. It helps that EG makes fantastic outerwear, which is useful here (rains all the time).

also of note, his brother Takuji decided to stay in Japan but also started a fantastic fashion label called ts(s), which is largely based around carefully selected fabrics

Whenever I see EG outerwear in person I'm almost brought to tears. It's so wellmade and well designed. Would like to get something from them one day

When I'm old
F U L L
E G

Which J-brands are good for stocky manlets ie. have "regular fit"? I have short arms and don't want to buy Uniqlo Asia from ebay all the time

They were big in the Americana/Japanese raw denim boom ~8 years ago. They didn't join the activewear craze so blogs are ignoring them at the moment

monitoring this thread

Needles trackpants

Anybody know what visvim trousers are in this pic? I only have high water chinos

Says Flexus in the pic
I think these are the same
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d245407735

Fluxus Cords 04, like it says in your pic lmao

Fluxus 03 corduroy trousers from 2012

want to cop that hat

Taka-san makes good hats

pretentious toronto chink general

fixed it for ya

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you, friend?

bump

Looks like it's straight out of Akira

Good thread

Why is it that the prices on both this jacket and the sleeveless model have exploded? I get that the fact that Carti wore it would make people sell it for a bit more, but 3-4 k just seems ridiculous.

Just like the Junya x Porter Gore-tex bag/parka, it's fucking awesome and functional to boot

>imagedump thread with the occasional text bump with no content
maybe there is a reason these threads never went anywhere

I'm just bumping and collecting pics I don't have yet :^)

but Helmut Lang isn't Japanese, friendo
=]

Please be a joke

Tell me about these. Who does ccp refer to? Why are they called ant colony?

if you have to ask you don't get it...

Jun clearly ripped off Lang with that jacket, he's a hack

Tell me about your favorite Japanese designers and labels. What do you like? Do you own their stuff?

Info pls. Noisecraft? Blackmeans?

He might be, but I still rate these over the HL astro.

Number (N)ine actually, from S/S09

sulvam

g.v.g.v

Oh that makes sense.

Talking About the Abstraction is a label focusing on comfy loose garments. Typical Japanese casual label often with Americana influences.

these are a meme

oldpark

Varde77 is a similar label that draws on vintage California style and American occupation stuff for imspiration.

Best places to buy japanese brands like visvim, Kapital etc. Within the EU? Been looking a bit online but it seems like anything else than their most hyped pieces are pretty limited.

Devoa is one of my favorite labels. Daisuke Nishida started the label with a strong focus on movement and anatomic construction. The clothes fit beautifully. Almost all my pants are Devoa at this point.

His designs are deceptively simple but often make use of unique materials like traditional washi paper or technical Schoeller fabric.

FDMTL has a strong denim focus and makes some of the more interesting denim jackets out there

I think if I ever saw somebody dressed like this head to toe I'd actually laugh at them
I keep my composure whenever I see losers in their rare NMDs/Yeezys but if you knowingly blow 3 grand just to look like an anime character the niceties disappear

Nice
Reminds me a bit of the junya watanabe patchwork jacket

To each his own. I personally don't see anything anime related about the fit you posted. Also full any one designer can look really over the top. That's why mix and match.

What do you like to wear?

you mad fucking mongrel mutt? what even your pathetic has contributed to fashion industry you subhuman?

Protip, if you don't like the topic of the thread, stay out of it. Nobody was asking for your opinion on the discussed subject in the first place.

Modern milspec and camp clothes

looks like i hit a bit too close to home for you toronto faggots

go back to shitpost about your overpriced japanese tags from takamyrionagasakihiroshima the soloist and cuck the coacher paired with ramones and a 1100 dollar IS sport hoodie.

Yeah i will go back to my shitposting and you can go back to a thread where you're capable of contributing with something relevant.

Also cav empt doing a version of it, probably gave it a little more notoriety

Theres a few that I go for, mostly indigo/boro/heritage centric labels (kapital, 45rpm, visvim, blue blue japan, kuon tokyo), the nepenthes group (mostly needles & EG), and ?menswear (Sacai, kolor).

Always enjoyed nepenthes’ aesthetic, cross between workwear/menswear with the occasional fun offerings (kountry, rebuild by needles). Similar reason with the first group (boro remakes and natural dyes).

Sacai was a surprising stumble, I got a few pieces and all were incredibly well made and fits well for my asian frame. Not too sure about their recent move to become more streetwear though. Kolor looks good but I’ve yet to handle their stuff

Devoa is nice, I had their pants at one point and the fabric and construction were on point. Sold it since it doesnt fit my build and taste anymore. Their footwear looks amazing but some just look waaaay too exagerated

fucking kek neither i am Anglocuck nor live in Anglo land you fucking mutt

>Tell me about these. Who does ccp refer to? Why are they called ant colony?
Idk what the brand is really, this is their website softs.to/2017/10/14/ccp-x-softs-ghost-ant-colony-update/

I saw pic related selling on Grailed awhile back

thoughts on ierib? Really like some of their stuff but don't know a lot about the brand. Do any of you own anything from them and can you vouch on the quality of their products?