How much debt is too much debt? This is going towards a marketing degree

How much debt is too much debt? This is going towards a marketing degree.

Any dept is too much dept for a marketing degree

You're being paid $30k to do a degree... Awesome

Are you actually getting 40k in aid or is that a bullshit estimate that they made-up?

If so, I would suggest not enrolling and simply going to the lectures for free since they seem to be good enough with their own marketing to convince you that it's a good deal when it really isn't.

*if so being the estimate being bullshit. If you are actually getting grants, then that sounds nice.

It's grants but they sneak in fed loans amounting to $2k in there as well. The most restrictive grant only requires me to keep above a 2.8 GPA and I make about $6k from a part time job on campus. For the most part I've taken courses that have a lot of overlap so it's not too late to change my field if it looks like it won't be useful when I graduate. I don't aspire to much more than an office job that pays well.

Is this for one year?

Yes.

Then that is way too much for a marketing degree. Is it a top 10 school? If not, go find a cheap public school in your state.

Why don't colleges have more shame about this? 200K for a degree that makes 50k and you'll have interest which makes it a 266K degree or something. Its just disgusting.

Community college is about $9k tuition. OP is making an informed choice to attend an expensive university, pay for housing and meals and do it his way. Since that's costing him about $10k out of pocket, I don't see why he wouldn't do it this way as opposed to taking the community route.

How about you get a fucking job and do school part time like your gen x older brothers did you whiny millenial baby?
Yeah you'll be crying like a bitch about that debt at a Bernie Sanders #occupy rally. You make me sick.

Why is the USA so pleb tier when it comes to higher education?

Maybe because OP doesn't want to rack up $160k in debt over the course of his education? Also, where do you live where community college tuition is $9k? Its like $3-5k per year for residents in Washington State.

5 grand for meals?

god damn you're getting kiked.

>OP is making an informed choice
There's nothing informed about what 18 year old retards do when they start college and rack up 6 gorillion shekels in debt.

I posted this in the other student debt thread.

You will learn more about marketing in a year, even 6 months, by selling stuff, starting now, than any degree. Sell anything, sell other people's products. Run two test campaigns using free ads. Now compare results. What did you learn?

Test your knowledge and skills in the real world, where the answers are not given to you by somebody who never left the school system.

My 'course' - a £2 used book.
I earn anywhere between £100-500 p/hr, and passive income streams of £20k per month.

I'm not smart. I just didn't have any other options. You have the luxury of good credit I guess.

You are going to get a degree in marketing.
Who marketed this degree to you?

Female teachers , nigger politicians, cucks, apathy, GIGO (most students are niggers and beaners)

This. Higher education is a white mans game

My business degree was mostly just anti capitalism propaganda and never ending ethics classes about not exploiting people.

yet my college puts teenagers in massive debt for their own greed, while using their hopes and dreams as bait.

I hate colleges so much. I'm glad the taxpayers paid for that stupid waste of time.

Fuck the liberal teachers in college, they are what's making college useless.

Big mistake.

If you wanna do marketing get a business degree. Then you can do marketing plus 100 other things.

A marketing degree does not even gaurantee a marketing job.

It's not a good degree IMO