What's the most /effay/ pen?

What's the most /effay/ pen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfyGTNAr6eY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i absolutely love nakaya makie pens

Penis

those pens are cool but they look out of place in most settings

i carry a vanishing point and a charcoal al-star, can't go back to ballpoints now

oh for sure, i'd probably only use that if i was a jap ceo

i use a black platinum 3776 i got while in japan as a daily driver, best nib i've ever used.
just saw this limited edition, very temped rn

I purchased a bunch of Dr Grip 4+1s from Japan. Really nice pen

classic pens lb5

timeless classic

sheaffer snorkel valiant

i could see this in some aesthetics

Honestly find me a more attractive fountain pen. Not at all gaudy, but still feels very luxe. Just wish mine were a finer nib.

not anymore, since they're made in China (used to be made in Ireland).
plus they're quite thin and girly if you ask me.
t. real man

Mr Pen's Parson's Essential is a great writer and stylish as hell. Punches well above its weight.

Easy

Good taste, absolute classic

LMAO @ autist thread

tlk sht pst hndwrtn

Only non-autistic option

My daily driver

>oh for sure, i'd probably only use that if i was a jap ceo
Jap ceo's use montblanc more often than not.
youtube.com/watch?v=CfyGTNAr6eY
Shame, really, as traditionally lacquered and artisan painted Nakaya's and Namiki's et al., are generally much nicer than the super massproduced pieces of ubiquitous black petrochemical.

Same goes for luxury watches: it's swiss (rolex and up), not grand seiko as you might have perhaps thought. That's why GS is sold in shops that sell calculators and toys, whilst those swiss makers are sold new only in "boutiques".

Sad, but the japs have this weird relationship with foreign luxury goods, even if their home manufactured products might be better. It goes back to old association with stuff, like how Paris is seen as this glittering, romatic city of lights and western sophistication by the japs, whereas in reality it teeters between 3rd world shithole and overpriced luxury depending on where you go. (look up "Paris Syndrome" amongst japanese tourists).

Another example:
The Sailor "King of Pen" (montblanc 149 copycat), Sailor's flagship model, isn't very popular in Japan at all from the account of one distributor and high-volume US retailer; demand of that model is more in the US than anywhere.

BUT, japs will buy Montblanc like anyone else. They aren't immune to mass marketing and old associations, which in this case go back to their boom decades like the 1980's (montblanc's resurgence around the world during that yuppie boom and its cementing in the general public consciousness an association with "fine writing").

>BUT, japs will buy Montblanc like anyone else. They aren't immune to mass marketing and old associations, which in this case go back to their boom decades like the 1980's (montblanc's resurgence around the world during that yuppie boom and its cementing in the general public consciousness an association with "fine writing").
>Shame, really, as traditionally lacquered and artisan painted Nakaya's and Namiki's et al., are generally much nicer than the super massproduced pieces of ubiquitous black petrochemical.

That being said, as much as I shit on MB whenever pen threads show up on Veeky Forums or /g/ (or wherever else), my dislike lies mostly with richemont than with that particular pen brand.

I would suck big floppy dick for a 139L in good condition. It's not that I can't buy one, it's just that I figure I'd miss $4500 +/- more than I'd miss my dignity, which I lost long ago anyway.

Please don't buy modern montlblanc from a boutique; you are just giving them free money, more often than not for faulty products and clueless service. Buy one from a trusted online dealer or just get something off ebay.

Get the ones with the ebonite feeds. (so, best bet is 60's, 70's, 80's).

that's very interesting to hear, although a bit sad, since japanese craftsmen and their products in general are not appreciated as much as they should be in the west.

that looks nice for the price, how's writing with it?

i have a softspot for the rotring 600, sadly not in production anymore

In general, avoid the 1950's mb's because fuck you I want them, also they're more fragile and I don't want some unco fuckers breaking shit that can't be replaced. They are however sublime.

Translation:
Masterpiece line:
>149 - "For the Diplomat with the fat hands and even fatter cock; baller enough to bluff his way through Nuremberg"
>146 - "For the upstanding cunt who wants the 149 but is too timid to wield it"
>144 - "For the bitchboi that ratted out his kamaraden, also comes in green and silver striated"
>142 - "For the fraulein that is pure of heart, or the manlet."

2nd row:
"For plebs that aren't real plebs but are pleb enough for our purposes because they can't afford the Masterpiece models"

>since japanese craftsmen and their products in general are not appreciated as much as they should be in the west.
Indeed.

I want this pen. I may seem too simple or otherwise unadorned, but the vermillion urushi will age nicely...

...and it's audacity of size provides its own very particular quality.
Make no mistake this thing is ridiculously large, but it's not very heavy (like those yard o leds and other metal pens) and it's very well balanced. Only black ones available at the moment.

This by designer Zalupa Govno, costs $999

lovely

they make great penspinning grips

i luv my vista

ID?

fucking goat

good pens (i have a bunch of my desk as I type) but not fountain pen.

Muji fountain pen. Try and get the proper one, not the one in pic related. Only available in the US and Asia now afaik, the Euro site stopped carrying them but you can find them on eBay from HK cheap enough.

The nib's a nail though and the thing isn't the most comfortable to write with.

luxury pens are fedora

just use a high quality disposable from Muji or something

see they're just not that comfy to begin with.
There are a bunch of sub $50 pens that are well-built, write well, and that look half decent too. You just have to look around, that's all.
$100 upwards and you're paying for the brand, or for diamond encrusted designs and the like. Obviously an 18k nib won't be cheap, but they're not that expensive either.

my grail

*tips fedora*
*dips quill*

>tfw love pens and writing
>tfw have terrible handwriting
kill me

so practice. you fool.

Switched to fountain pens years ago. Now when I pick up a rollerball or ballpoint or whatever my handwriting is heaps better than before.

Get a uniball jetstream or one of the newer lubricarted ballpoints (pilot acroball et al.) than don't encourage deathgrips and lots of downward pressure. Write with the whole arm and not the fingers. Writing will be easier and your form will improve.

>luxury pens are fedora

No, they're rich business man-core.

Absolutely love this one. I was using it whole high school

id?

rotring 600, the pen version is discontinued and expensive. the pencil version however is pretty cheap

/ Based
Very good

which is a fancy way to say fedoracore

poor taste is just as common in wealthy businessmen as anywhere else. thats why porsche design products are an actual thing, versace is still in business, the art of war and the 48 laws of power are bestsellers, and other kinds of unforgivable aesthetic crimes pollute the landscape

Fine or Medium?

idk if this is effay but its a cool parker pen i got from my uncle a few years back