Suit for Medical School Interview

Hey Veeky Forums,

I have my first medical school interview coming up and dress is business professional. I'm thinking of doing a navy suit, white shirt and gold tie. Would brown shoes and belt be too casual or is it still considered professional?

>gold tie

oh god that is so bad

wear scrubs to let them know you mean business

Sorry yellow*

Pls

Wear whatever you want as long as it's not too flashy. Medicine is unlike many of the other traditional professions as dressing too well can work against you sometimes.

I work in a hospital and i work with a lot of doctors. If you want to dress like a doctor, get the cheapest black loafers you can find at Ross, khaki Walmart slacks and any blazer that is a little too big from the Goodwill. Try and get a brown one.

Doctors dress like fifteen year olds for their class picture, they have no sense of style. Don't sweat it.

Dress like a medical student who does not do anything else other than studying would.

What does this mean? It means go to a place that sells suits nearby, ask the people in the store what you should wear. Whatever they tell you.. fully stick to it.

The interview is about showing competence and confidence within the field; what your wear is just an accessory that shows them that you are not an imbecile. This goes for all interviews. Go for the conservative cookie-cutter color palettes available anywhere on Google.

I would worry far less about the colors and more about making sure that everything fits right.

>1 button
>high crotch
>sunglasses

Would change out for a different tie color but honestly I go to med school and most people dress like shit like other anons said

>1 button
That jacket clearly has two buttons
>high crotch
Eh? You want tricky ricky poopy pants or what?

This.

dudes like this are why young men shouldn't wear suits like that

if you look younger than 25 you WILL look terrible in a suit unless you're like a 10/10

The look you are going for now is what I would call business casual. But it is by no means not business appropriate.

Id ditch the gold or yellow tie. Go for a darker colour.

>Doctors dress like fifteen year olds for their class picture, they have no sense of style. Don't sweat it.

OKAY BUD, SURE......

That's an imaginary doctor.

You're fucking overthinking this. Just wear what you would normally wear to an interview. Your interviewer doesn't give a shit unless you're dressed like a total autist or a trashbag. Just be sure you can project your competence, empathy, patience, stoicism, and stability.

>picks a tv doctor

where are you interviewing? if its anywhere east coast I'd go black suit black shoes

full rick

>wearing a suit to a med interview
AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH

go ahead user you'll improve my chances by taking yourself out of the game

medfag here

Only women doctors actually take care of themselves and buy good quality clothes/brands.
Most male docs still dress like slobs like stated ITT.
If you want to make an impression, just dress bizcaz with a tie to show that you mean business. If the committee is mostly women then they will take that into account.

theory, slim fit

Lamaho

kek'd hard

What are you trying to do, make middle school girls think you look like a businessman? Don’t wear a gold tie, even brown shoes really aren’t ideal. If you try to look to unique you will just end up looking like an arrogant fool, and the interviewers won’t like that.

Just wear a conservatively cut navy or charcoal grey suit, a blue or grey tie with at most a subtle pattern or texturing. Add black oxfords and a conservatively styled watch and you have your perfect interview attire.

Really have a think about what you are trying to project with your choice of clothes. You should be wearing something that is inoffensive and that will make you look professional and committed, not like a tryhard.

On that note: Don’t put on a shitton of cologne, in a closed room and if you’re nervous it will project like crazy. One, at most two sprays of a very inoffensive cologne, or skip it entirely

watch it....