Are battle jackets Veeky Forums?

Are battle jackets Veeky Forums?

No. Tryhard emotionally vulnerable teenagers will tell you otherwise though.

Jesus christ, what are you even thinking user?

Yes but your whole persona had better revolve around it or everyone else will know better.

Sometimes I see some 30 something white guys who look like they do web dev at a shitty startup wearing battle jackets to shows and it just doesn't work. Now I know that that's gonna be me in 10 years but shit, even now I know I don't look the part. The most metal thing I wear is black skinny jeans tucked into combat boots and I'm not gonna try to be more metal than that because I know I can't pull it off.

Metalhead here. Battlejackets are fucking ugly and corny.

As a dude whos pretty heavily into the exact sort of music that most "battle jackets" display, absolutely not. Its a fucking costume. Tryhard as fuck.

This.

this. just stick to a metal shirt

if you're a true metalhead, you don't do this for fashion sense, you stupid fuck.

I think subtlety is a lot better than being a walking billboard

>corny

Poseurs leave the hall

These people have chosen to make their music choice be at the very core of everything they do and express this with these kind of jackets and long hair etc. I don't give a fuck but people will stare at you and if you don't have a group of friends dressed the same way to hang out with you'll look ridiculously out of place everywhere. Also if you have to ask, you're def not metal enough to wear one buddy.

Make your battle jacket interesting and sure.

Stay away from crustpunk
Stay away from midlife crisis biker core
Stay away from edgy emo
Stay away from greasy overweight greebo

You can have one with short hair, but the requirements are: don't wear skinny jeans, make sure you actually lift, make sure the rest of your outfit matches it in colour and weathering.

If this was better tailored, if he had bigger triceps and shoulders, if his hair was cleaner and styled better, if he had a more confident posture, he would look fucking cool.

>Anti human
>Anti life

I own one myself but I only wear it to shows.
There are those metal heads that wear their ugly vest on every occasion, there's a guy like that at my uni, he wears it every day. He looks unkempt, he's fat and his taste in music is the worst. His whole vest is plastered with entry level power and nu metal bands, the patches aren't arranged in any order, there are fucking bells or some shit on it, so you hear him jingling from a mile away, it's just awful.
But there are some really nice black metal vests out there.

make it b/w only, don't put on it too many patchers and wear it only in some situation. That's the only way to make it socially acceptable, Never wear it with sleeveless stuff. Don't put 2 edgy 5 u shit on it.

>anti-human
>anti-life
>watches sargeist play at festival with 10000 other people in broad daylight in a field

I couldn't imagine more pro-life anti-misanthropic hippie scenario.

Anyway, metal wests are ok if you're in highschool. After that they're cringe. 35 year old with patched vest is koncentration lager tier. I can't imagine it ever working, maybe if you're in a band, or bike club. Maybe.

how do I avoid that my vest stands of my back in this weird 45° angle? Is my back patch too stiff?

Towards the bottom or up at the shoulders? Most likely too stiff or the vest itself not being the correct size for you.

at the bottom. I made it from a vintage jacket which fitted perfectly.

Probably the patch then, post pic.

will do later!

>mfw I know every single band in that jacket

No. Vests/jackets covered with patches/studs should ONLY be done with Punk.

Metalheads who do it look extremely bad to me.

the best kind of battle jacket

More like autistic /fag/

No, don't get one. People who wear battle jackets usually look like LARPing manchildren.
Metal as a genre is just one terrible fashion choice. Punk is Veeky Forums as fuck, if you're so committed to advertising your taste in music just try to make it look punk and not like some tough guy muscle man with long hair and a beard.

if you do a "sober" denim vest it's ok. But don't do anything more than this. Also punk vest covered with patches are autistic as the Metal one.

pic of it sucks

At a Metal show it's alright, or if you're a cute girl.

Eh, if I dont see it I cant help you much more.

simple, classic D-beat jackets > dirty Crust punk jackets > obnoxious and loud regular punk jackets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>>>dogvomit >>>>>>> metalhead billboard advertisement jackets

they really are not

Style it with other cool shit, that goes with it colorwise it doesn't have to be metal or punk, sure you might look like a poser to some but as long as you have a general knowledge of the patches you're rocking you're good

>Stay away from crustpunk

sorry that it took me so long

why not skinny jeans?

>implying punk vest and metal vest are different

god i hate "music people"

always go into crust
always add homo biker nazi aesthetic
>this kills the soy boy

>why is everybody doing things i don't like

my main man!

As a person who has been listening to metal since I was a teenager and has been in and out of metal bands, I like to refer to those as "poser vests." Only tryhards wear them.

I bet you like urfaust and watain

Anyone know where I can buy the studs on pic related?

Aren't you really just saying
>don't be ugly
rather than giving tips for the style?

This, and only this. Vests that tell a story are better than anything else, especially metal circus tent wests that were sewn all at once.

>antifa

obviously fucking not

He's right though. The dudes wearing those overly decorated and filled-to-the-brim patched vests are usually tryhards that need to "show the world how metal they are". A denim jacket with some subtle details is alright, a patchblanket isn't.

Studs and spikes dot com has the best deals and selection

not him, but I actually like Urfaust and Watain.

What sort of battle ? Rap battle?

you're a fucking faggot

no
ignore every other opinion or stay a waste of space forever

If I was a younger man I'd probably make one. They seem kind of goofy but being a metalhead is goofy anyway.

"This gift is a curse" patch isn't great my man, try something less tumblry. Nice jacket tho!

It isn't when it comes to music

I used to wear these when i was in high school and had no friends and latched on to this cringy brothers of metal manowar \m/ metal lifestyle community.
Metalheads wear these because they're all friendless losers and seeing someone else with a cattle decapitation tshirt or death metal jacket was an automatic friendship.
Now that i'm not ugly i just wear subtle metal tshirts

at least put the patches on a leather jacket if you have to do this

> not when you're 14 and browsing a Nepalese fishing board
I'm 28, man. I still hang out with the (hardcore / powerviolence) scene guys but don't look the part, aside from vintage trainers obscure college sports pullover hoodies, and thick frame glasses. People outside of my circle of friends don't need to know I'm part of the scene

>Studs and spikes dot com
wow you weren't kidding