What's wrong with me and how should I fix it?

What's wrong with me and how should I fix it?

Really could use some advice or guidance Veeky Forums. I'm pretty lost and find myself flailing around in all things fashion, particularly with my hair. I def don't want to get a buzzcut.

>tl;dr
What should I do to improve on what I have? What are my good/bad points?

Thanks.

get a proper haircut and shave that lip

>your hair
What meme did you fall for my guy

All the memes.

Or... I just haven't really found what suits me and I'm trying whatever I see and like. Admittedly, I'm doing a very poor job.

As I said, I don't know what I'm doing.

dermar derozan looking ass nigga

If your committed to growing it out I guess you could just stand it straight up like a flat top

Lmao

I'm trying to avoid those typical black hair looks. Not my style and as far from where I'm trying to go as a bald head. I am growing it out though, my hair was maybe 2-3 inches longer up until a month ago when I had the split ends and relaxed hair cut.

Ty for the suggestion though.

O dont know what to recommend then friendo good luck pham

You're black. But all jokes aside why do you have a perm? And why can't you take a normal non JUST tier selfie?

I had no idea, lol.

I don't have a perm. As I mentioned in the op my hair it's straightened via heat. Like flat irons and the like, not chemicals. Not currently anyway.

As for the reason, it's because I want and prefer my hair straight rather than like a big curly sponge.

And what's a "JUST" tier selfie? Thought that was a normal selfie.

i think you might be black

Judging by those two photos I think we roughly have the same legnth hair. Albeit my hair is currently curled and coiled while yours is straight.

How do you go about ironing and straightening it?

How often and how long does it take to iron out all of it?

Maybe.

Hard press with a hot comb, then use of flat irons to flatten and fully straighten. Straightening out the coils and extending the hair to it's full length.

Use a heated brush for maintenance. Don't think it's really working out for me though. Hair is too stiff. I could pull a bit of my hair straight up and it'll stay like that all day. Doesn't move much with the wind. That sort of thing.

I'm looking for a Jose Zuniga, G-Eazy type look.

Also, what kind of hair are you rocking? I'd like the inspo.

The pic doesn’t do it any justice lmao, but trust it looks a lot cleaner in person.

I’m going for a comb over look with lots of thin coils instead of having long strands like yours. Did the whole straight hair thing back in highschool and it didn’t work for me. My routine is pretty simple; Cantu Shea butter curling cream to make the hair malluble, then I use one of those curiling sponges and sponge everything to the left. The result works for me but I really have to stay on top of shortening the sides and back or else it looks horrible

Also I’m white so it’s a whole different game sadly.

>L-logic... Is that you?

Legit though, pretty good that you found a style that you like. I'm trying to do that now. There is one curly style that I'm interested in but I'm not entirely sure how to achieve it or if it would look good on me.

Looks so sick. I want it

join the black hair discord du

Holy shit I want this so badly.

I aint logic sadly, but thanks for the compliment. This would work pretty well on you if you changed your glasses to something more current like pic related.

Actually, Idk why I though you wore glasses lmao

I do wear glasses, actually. They're terrible though. Not sure what glasses would work best for me. Those frames do look pretty sick though. We want the same things it seems.

Black hair discord?

By the way, update. I finally got around to getting my hair cut like I needed to.

stop straightening your hair

Non black guy checking in. I'm not sure how I feel about your mustache user. It doesn't look bad and maybe it adds a certain uniqueness but I think you have a pretty good face and you'd look better without it.

This hair would look very good on you imo. But then you should definitely shave your stache.

Also, I'm seconding these frames. They'd look good with your face shape.

Have you tried braiding it? I'm really curious to see what braided straightened black hair looks like.

Considering it. Any reason as to why though, user?

I always get mixed opinions about my moustache. Half my girls say it's nice, keep it, I look good with it. Half say shave it. I pretty much shave every other month or two and keep it shaved for a month or two and then get lazy and grow it back out.

Thanks for the compliment, dude. Appreciate it. I never really thought I had a good face until VERY recently.

And I hope so. I think that hair is pretty badass, I just need to actually achieve it.

What are those particular frames called. Does the style have a name? I need new glasses anyway, so I'd love to try them out.

No. I haven't tried braiding it. Always wanted to avoid the typical black guy cornrows type shit growing up. I've thought about it though.. braiding. I've had it suggested often to grow out my hair.

Tbh I dont think black dudes straightening their hair looks great. I think if you find a nice curly style that works for you you'll be happy with it.
The biggest thing with maintaining curly hair like ours is putting shit in it. I condition and put almond oil, castor oil, etc.

pic rel is my hair, I cut sides short, let top grow out, and take care of it, looks okay imo but due for another cut on the sides

Too bad. Maybe I can find a curly style that fits me. Planning on washing my hair tomorrow and turning it all curly again.

Gonna work on that scarlxrd-style hair.

I keep my sides and back cut short and grow out the top too.

What products do you recommend? How often do you condition?

scarlxrd is my hair inspo too,mine's almost long enough to wear a bandanna.

Find a nice shampoo, I shampoo maybe twice a week.

for conditioners, you generally can't go wrong with Shea Moisture. I think the coconut and hibiscus one is nice, same with raw shea butter conditioner. you gotta find what works for your hair tho.

I use castor oil in my hair pretty often, I know for a fact it's improved the health of my hair.

some dude suggested i put almond oil in my hair so I do that every so often, idk how much it helps.

im not one for dying hair usually, but if you’re going to grow out your hair id legitimately suggest dying it a natural shade of black

Just let your hair do it's thing, and either grow a beard (if you can) or shave the moustach off if you can't, the white and black striped top is v nice though

maybe style it like this

You’re black

Stop straightning your hair its unnatural and ugly. Its not the 1930s anymore and blacks dont have to please/imitate their white masters anymore.

Dude has amazing hair. Wonder how he got it like that.

A friend of mine uses castor oil and coconut oil. I'll check out some of those products, thanks for the suggestion.

I've been told often that I should dye my hair, but not black. Colors like red and blue though. Interesting suggestion.

Oh man, I've somewhat wanted to grow a nice beard for a while now, but my facial hair grows in super slow everywhere but my chin and moustache. The struggle is hard. Thanks for the compliment about the shirt, I like it a lot too, fits really well.

The way most people style their hair and modify it's natural look is unnatural. That point is irrelevant, if you think it's ugly then so be it.

Has absolutely 0 to do with submission to another race, I don't even think about dumb shit like that, and straight hair is FAR from exclusive to whites.

I had my hair straightened because all the styles and looks I was aware of and found appealing happened to require straight hair.

I've seen people of many races with hairstyles I like, it's just that none fit my tastes until now. (Scarlxrd)

Kinda sad that you feel the need to turn it into a retarded racially-charged issue. It must be tough living life injecting racial politics into the fabric of every waking moment of your life.

...Thanks for the reply though. Appreciate the feedback angst anyway. I was just planning to go back to natural and try a style that I and others think might suit me.