on DIY fragrances
perfumersapprentice.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

notino.co.uk/
amazon.com/dp/B014G8IYRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eWWdAb06FP0T2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>notino.co.uk/
looks good
I've used dior fahrenheit and gucci guilty absolute up till now, love those warm woody smells and everyone says especially fahrenheit is nice but just wanted a few more smells
yes I have tried them, those were the most appealing I found in debenhams

invictus
invictus acqua
eros
or some other suggestion

for hot summer weather.

>invictus
I went through a bottle of this and thought it was good
momma said it smelled like shit though
wonder why

Any good vetiver fragrances that are not summery or citrusy, but more cool, green and dark? Not too dark like encre noire though

I love GIT and Aventus and keep thinking about buying them, someone stop me.

Getting my order of Tobacco Vanille in today. I liked what I smelled in store, hoping that carries over onto skin as well. I've been needing a scent that's a little more masculine and warm

>Jo Malone
DROPPED

it's a pretty picture though

TdH Eau Tres Fraiche. I hate aquatics so I'm not suited to answer your question but it has "watery" top notes and I actually like this one.

Certainly from those 3 invictus aqua. Hawas is my recommendation based on those 3 you are interested in.

aww bummer you didnt like it, hopefully it only cost ya like 20 bucks. Glad other people around you liked it at least. I can say actually ive gotten so many compliments on it ive gotten a little tired of it cuz started defaulting to it to much.

oops this was meant for this

just buy them and you'll be set

Don't buy them. You don't want to smell amazing and have mad pussy thrown at you anyway. No need for everyone around you to think you're rich and important, you're secure in being a nobody, right?

Next level b8 to the point where i can't tell if your sarcasm is seriously defending those or not.

Yes.

I just blind bought Versace's The Dreamer and thinking of getting Body Kouros to round out my arsenal. What says you Veeky Forums?

Don't have experience with either but let us know how you like the dreamer that's an easy one to convince yourself to blind buy

Body Kouros is nice and fresh, a good work scent for year round really, as mentioned in the OP posts :3
On a related note, would Eau Sauvage and Boss Bottled intense be good daily drivers for times where I don't want to think too much about what scent I want to go with that day in the warmer/colder weather as appropriate?

i got memed on. aqua universalis forte and aqua vitae forte are not good at all. they're like bathroom spray mixed with a lemon vanilla yankee candle

masculin pluriel is very nice and grand soir is very strong. i can't tell if i like grand soir yet

Pls reports back, I'm also really curious about The Dreamer.

From what I gather, Boss Bottled is supposed to be better in warmer weather, but they're both pretty safe bets. The only problem with Sauvage is that I smell it everywhere I go in my uni. Other than that it's dynamite.

It should come in this Saturday. I'll be sure to post results m80s!

Picked up this meme frag. I'm digging the mix of lavender, tonka and black pepper. All 3 notes are very noticeable and work well together.

is this supposed to be a clone of homme sport eau extreme

i smelled homme sport eau extreme in a store but if was from the bottle. that's a shitty way i know, it's better to smell the drydown on your skin and people swear by it. i'm thinking of giving it another shot

no, they smell nothing alike

Ferragamo has a newer frag called Uomo, iirc -- smelled it at a Neiman Marcus.

It's pretty good.

just wanna say aventus is the real fucking deal. holy shit. instant favorite for me. smells so smoky and pineapplish and musky. i am in love. this has zero synthetic or alcohol smell to it. buy it if you can afford it or atleast a decant you wont regret it.

pls no bully

Are pheromones bullshit? There's one on amazon that goes for about 25$, and has about a thousand 5 star reviews. I don't expect it to be sex magnet, but I'm a decent looking guy as is.

So before I waste my money, is this gonna work like any other cologne? Or is there some truth to the claims?

Is aventus limited in seasonality? is it appropriate for the winter? Its probably about time i sample it.

Has anyone ever used Calvin Klein Be? It's my all time favorite fragrance and I'm just curious to see if anybody else out there loves it as much as I do.

>doesnt want to be bullied
>doesnt link what he's talking about
so you do want to get bullied

Mancera Black Line finally restocked on fragrancebuy.ca

Bought a bottle ::)))))

>pineapplish
No thank you sir

its a meme. men cant smell pheromones anymore. evolution fucked u over but if u are interested in dogs..

Dreamer is a floral lavender and tonka bomb that lasts for fucking ever. The only thing masculine about it is the tobacco opening that lasts for about two hours.

Not a safe blind buy unless you're a certain kind of man who can pull off floral frags.

>Body Kouros

Sample it first.

>Boss Bottled Intense

Is heavier on the vanilla, clove, and sandalwood notes than the original.

It lasts around 6 hours before going into that vetiver dry-down. (Versus the 4 hours of the original.)

>warmer/colder weather

Intense is better for colder weather and can be headache-inducing (for the wearer) in warmth.

Original Boss Botttled is better for warmer weather as the fruity top notes are more noticeable.

trying some of smell bents stuff.

A terminally ill woman trying her best to look alive by stepping out of her death bed, wearing a white dress and going downstairs gracefully; sadly, we know she's actually very sick and going to die

White Aoud: A last moment of grace before the abyss

To the nose, it's pretty nauseating to me

do young girls (basically anything from 18-35) hate any kind of musky smells

What are some designer fragrances that are easy to find, have monster sillage and will get me compliments ?
I've got enough bottles of stuff nobody can smell (eau sauvage) or stuff no girl likes (encre noire).
I don't mind wearing female fragrances for those sweet/floral notes.

Both are amazing imo

Sauvage, or go check any of jeremys videos, that's basically what he does.

Versace Eros. I don't really know why people say it's a clubbing scent, it's strong, sure, but to me, it doesn't have that obnoxious club scent vibe. I actually find it relatively sophisticated as designer scents go, and women absolutely love it. Just go easy on it, because it is easy to overspray.

I agree with this. It does have the minty toothpaste thing going on and it is synthetic but the whiffs you get from it can be quite good and it definitely projects monstrously. There must be some chemical its loaded with that some people cannot stand. For me its a lot nicer than something like Code Profumo.

Had 6 million before, used sauvage for the past year and am now looking for something new that's not too offensive. What's the current meme spray that women will like and doesn't get me nasty stares at the office for being too strong (generally I only spray once onto my chest)

Jerememe mode: Prada L'homme

you are discusting. go kill yourself

Assuming you meant Eau Sauvage as in the one released in the 60s? Don't bother, current version has absolutely no longevity and desu doesn't even smell that great.

If you meant just regular Sauvage then yeah it's fine for that purpose.

Yeah, it has the synthetic minty toothpaste thing going, but also very nice tonka and dark woody/mossy notes. I like the combination of freshness, sweetness, and greenness. It's one of the few designer scents I wear somewhat regularly. I really do think it smells much more mature than your typical Sauvage/1 Million/Invictus/Ultra Male/etc.

I got Sweet Smoke. It's very similar to TV after an hour or two. It seems to have cinnamon (?). My brother described it as having more of a "christmas spice" character, and thought he smelled cloves. The "dried fruits" are more present too. It feels like something is missing, still, but it is good enough for now- it is still a very cozy scent. I still think I want the real deal, unless I on a second comparison between my TV sample and this decide that it's close enough.

Pheromones For Men Pheromone Cologne [Attract Women] - Bold, Extra Strength Human Pheromones Formula by RawChemistry - 1 Fl Oz (Human Grade Pheromones to Attract Women) amazon.com/dp/B014G8IYRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_eWWdAb06FP0T2

This is the product in question

What do you guys think of polo extreme red? I really like this scent but I don't know shit about fragrances

Sycomore
Encre Noire à l'Extrême
Vétiver Tonka
Route du Vétiver

Never smelled The Dreamer, but BK is responsible for some great comments from girls. I like it, but it's linear and not suited for warmer weather.

Just pulled the trigger, nothing came close from some samples I ordered and trips to sephora

PSA: luckyscent always has free gifts you can add to purchases you make there. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "gifts w/ purchase". The gifts change periodically, but they have stuff like 10 piece niche sample packs, definitely worth getting if you're ordering something from them.

I've got this waiting at home to try out as well, really loved the in store samples

I really want to buy pic related but Tom Ford's prices are ridiculous. 100 ml of Patchouli Absolu is more expensive ($315) than 250 ml of Dior Patchouli Imperial ($300), which is frankly nicer than the dab sample of PA that I tested. I just love patchouli and wanted another scent to alternate with the Dior.

Are there any good quality, affordable patchouli frags that I should seek out and test?

>I really want to buy pic related but Tom Ford's prices are ridiculous.
You and me both.

i don't know why everyone thinks PdM pegasus is so sweet. it smells perfect and girls melt when you wear it. get a full bottle of that shit if you're a guy in your 20s

To me, I think Pegasus and Amouage Reflection are similar enough that if you own one, you don't need the other. I think Reflection is a little cleaner and more refined, while Pegasus is more "dirty" with those almond and spice notes. I, personally, prefer Reflection to Pegasus and own a bottle already, so I don't plan to buy Pegasus.

Just my take.

Anyone know what kind of black friday frag deals we can expect?

just get a 5 ml decant at stc if you want it that bad. will last you a long time if you're not an oversprayer.

Is spraying your wrist in a Sephora bad or something? I really want to try scents on-skin rather than on paper.

Those bottles are called testers for a reason. They will also make you up to three ~2ml spray samples with a smile.

>tfw driving back home on Wed and going to just hit up every frag store i can for some deviants

Devilish

if you ever go to la visit the scent bar. they have prob the best selection of niche fragrances in any shop in the us. the samples they give are those shitty little dabber vials but you can't complain. they'll give you samples of xerjoff, roja, creed, anything

They're luckyscent's physical location.

yes

lucky scent jews you for microscopic samples if you order online so if you're in the la area just drive there and get them for free instead. same size samples

Alright. I just have social anxiety I guess. I always feel fucked up going into the store and spraying myself, especially when the clerks come up and ask questions. When I have earbuds in.

Just do it. I'm a big fat ugly guy. I went to 2 different sephoras to smell stuff and get samples and they treated me as nicely as any other customer. Take your time smelling them so it looks like you intend on buying. Grab whatever 3 you like and ask to get samples of them. They'll do it no questions asked.

The thing is that I go to the same one because it's the only one that is close.

I'm pretty attractive though.

Southern hemisphere. Looking for a dry crisp summer fragrance with little/no sweet notes. Ideally no dominant citrus notes unless bitter bergamot maybe? Maybe a green but the only green I've had was amazingreen which I was not fond of.

For context current collection is wonderwood, rocky mountain he wood, encre noir and encre noir sport. Have mixed feelings about the sport. It's alright on a overcast/rain spring day but find it far too clammy on a hot sunny day plus is very casual.

>tfw you smell this on someone on the street and it reminds you of her

please kill me

>tfw skin always absorbs the top notes too fast
>makes a lot of fragrances turn into shit

Montale - Patchouli Leaves
L'Artisan Parfumeur - Patchouli Patch
Molinard - Patchouli Eau de Parfum
Etro - Patchouly Eau de Parfum
Nobile 1942 - Patchouli Nobile

I get it. I am frank from the start and say I am not looking to buy anything right now, but I'd love some samples. It's their policy to give 3 samples no question asked, so I don't even feel pressure to pretend I'm gonna buy anything. This is how I handle higher end boutiques, Neimans and Saks, as well.

since pretty much all high-end retailers are struggling and salespeople make commission you're def gonna get on their bad side if you frequent a store just to sample. Sephora is different, since they just get paid by the hour.

Try some minty stuff e.g.
You Or Someone Like You
Dirty
Geranium Pour Monsieur

Where the fuck can i get a sample of guerlain habit rouge in person?

I habit rouged in your mum's person, m8.

I'm actually quite worried. I think I might be dying.

what's a better version of this?

Prada Luna Rossa Carbon is what I'm going for for spring. am I doing okay?

John Varvatos by John Varvatos

Yes. Amazing scent; isn't subtle (you smell it on yourself pretty much all day) but isn't overbearing so you aren't going to choke anyone out.

Its fairly sweet but if you like tonka bean I would recommend it

I like F by Ferragamo Black as an alternative

ty

Since invictus aqua has been discontinued what else can I get that I can wear casually in summer.

Or should I just get invictus

Rasasi Hawas is a clone

>Rasasi Hawas
seems like its just as hard to get a hold of (in or into australia) but thanks anyway.

you can still get invictus aqua. it's not even that expensive.

if you want something else, you can try davidoff cool water wave. i recently smelled that and really liked it the second it hit my nose.

>davidoff cool water wave
i'll see if i can get a sample.

Since I've realised a lot of fragrances on my skin lose their top notes almost completely (unless I start sweating, which doesnt happen that much)

aventus clones end up having no pineapple smell.
and versace eros instead loses that sharp edge it has in terms of sweetness, which could be seen as a good thing

Frags I tried out at the store today.

Mont Blanc Legend Spirit: Smells like something you'd wear to the gym.

Mont Blanc Legend: Has a youthful smell, but I can picture an older guy wearing it better than a younger one.

Dunhill Icon: Old gentleman meets fabric softener.

JPG le male: Smells like sunscreen. No thanks.

L'Envol de Cartier: Smells like something a milf would wear. I can not picture a man wearing this.

Anything else I should add a sample of for summer day scent for a early 20yo guy?

allure homme sport eau extreme
YSL l'homme

Every sample I've picked up in the past 2 weeks. Only 3 of them I paid for.

This is a fun hobby when you're just starting out.

Just got some Aqva Marine for cheap. Smells very fresh yet calm and relaxing. Just a touch heavy on seaweed at fist but has a great cucumber-y smell. Easily my new favorite summer frag and for a steal.

Montblanc IN.DI.VI.DU.EL.

What's it smell like?

Hawas was out before Invictus Aqua actually

what site?
same bruh, ordered some niche samples but have about 20 freebies. tryna find a signature scent

Nothing major since fragrances are a big seller as Christmas gifts. You might get a 20% coupon code if you're on an email list, but most reductions (mostly on gift sets of designer frags) won't occur til after Christmas.