B A S I C S

I'm in need of some basics; I am basically starting from scratch.
I currently just have a couple of frumpy T-shirts, a pair of shitty jeans and a pair of All-Stars.

So, what should I get and, more importantly, where should I get it?

UK here i love Crew Clothing Company for my basics. Quality is amazing and you really get what you pay for.

Not sure how others feel but topman/holister do pretty decent jeans and thats where i get most of mine from.

Shoes go for Chelsea boots, i usually just type in the style and colour of the shoe i want and search through all the results online.

Any idea what kind of look you want?

Varusteleka

H&M has really affordable basics

Fuck off

lmao

Wear pants a little too tight, shirts a little too big, stop eating, use less schampoo, buy some nice boots, 2 turtlenecks, start smoking.

Them's the basics.

uniqlo uniqlo uniq

im not op but is uniqlo really good? what are the main basics that i should get from there that are the best ?

uniqlo is fast fashion. the design is less gaudy than most but don't let that distract you from the fact that everything's literally built like garbage and you'd be better off visiting thrift stores

yeah i mean i dont want to dress like a fucking faggot with dresses & huge retarded coats and shit. i just want some nice t-shirts and longsleaves, sweatshirt ect. i also dont know where to buy jeans

is uniqlo good for that? or are there better places to buy those things?

heatech turtle necks are great
supima t shirts are worth a try depending on your shape
allrism underwear is good
hoodies and sweatshirts are good
their basics are good if you dont want to drop a ton of money
i wouldn't get any of their more pricey things though

def worth a try ordering returns for free
something like 28 days to return

If you're a student in the UK just go for Primark basics. spend twenty quid on a bunch of shit, SAVE YA MONAY

primark is scust
even basics

Uniqlo is the best for basics. I get my t-shirts and pants from there. Their flannel is also really good. Full disclosure though, half the reason I'm such a fan is their stuff fits me perfectly off the rack and they do pants alteration free of charge.

NEXT is good for UK basics, fair to OK quality, only Uniqlo level but bit cheaper for us

I get my basics from Acne Studios. So I would naturally recommend them.

gtfo

Phone Veeky Forums is absolute shit

Basics can be found literally anywhere. Hanes tees in the right size will work, but so will the ones from Alexander Wang. You'd just be paying for a different cut at a hugely disproportionate price increase.

Pants are the same, you can take a $5 thrifted pair of jeans and tailor them to be the perfect length and taper.

Selection starts to become more influenced by price when you want to get into outerwear and shoes. Converse are okay, I'm thinking about getting my nth pair myself but there are better alternatives sneakers, Superga Cotu are nice, some versions of Nike Blazers are low profile; I can't spoonfeed you taste.

Jackets are difficult depending on what you want to look like and how much you want to spend.

I personally dont think anyone will ever see my socks so I just get cheap black low cut ones and have milsurp for the outfits that require them. Calvins are basic bitch undies but ladies think that you "mean business" If she sees the brand.

Remember that it's all about FIT and FORM, especially when it comes to pants and denim. I have weird legs so I always end up buying uniqlo slevedge and tapering them, they look perfect to me. If I wasn't broke I'd buy Nudie, APC or some obscure Japanese brand that uses century old American machines.

lol, you're getting hustled big time bro. even if you'd get it at wholesale you'd still get hustled. acne marks up the price minimum 3-4x from their production costs even at wholesale.

get yourself jeans at unbranded or naked and famous
sure they are expensive but they're pretty alright

honestly h&m really is the best fast fashion, but make sure to browse the collection online first and make a list of items to try on in store