How bad is it really?

How bad is it really?

Can go either way, it's really meaningless on its own.

nah, when i see made in china i automatically assume its trash until proven otherwise.

FPBT

Asking if made in china is crap is the same as assuming there's one kind of Chinese food. Japanese designers actually started to outsource their manufacturing to China from made in Japan because of the better quality. With that said, the likelihood of getting a product from sweatshop/poor conditions is way higher than a good factory. If you're in a mall/chain store it's likely crap. With that said, overall I'd generalize that their factories are a tier above shit-tier places like Bangladesh, still poor tier, but not absolutely shit.

FPBP*

wtf how did I hit T

It's meaningless maybe even positive

Westerners like to shit on China for their racist propaganda and attempt to still assert faded white superiority yet turn around and worship iPhones built in China

white people are hypocritical garbage

chinese people are fucking efficient. on vacation in shanghai my mom bought sunglasses and got her prescription frames in AN HOUR. Canada and US it's virtually 3-7 days everywhere

The quality might be fine, but you're trash for buying it.

how? living standards in china have improved immensly in the past few decades, thanks to outsourcing and people buying the products

It could be fine or it could be complete shit. Look at a brand like arcteryx for example. All of it besides the exponentially more expensive veilance line is made in china. Nanamica is another example. Lots of their stuff is made in japan, but all of the technical pieces are made in china. visvim is made in china.

>veilance line
way ahead of it's time, especially for the NA market, none of that shit will fit the hambeasts
LEAF is still made in leafland

yes quite

Expensive stuff made in china tells me that brand is not only trying to rip me off but also fuck me over. Nothing bad in making profits, but 1k euro jacket made in china, probably in sweatshop, is definition of ripping people off. Trying to up my clothing game by buying more expensive shit which is not 100% made in china and boy is hard.

>not exclusively wearing clothes made in italy, USA, eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Japan, Britain, Canada, and France

It's not even a monetary decision at this point

I (autistically) refuse to wear anything made in China or any other third world garbage dump. Quality is part of it but also support of national industries etc

Also refuse to wear any synthetic fabric on the skin (apart from modal etc liners)

Protip it is made like this on purpose for less stress.
I'm an eyeoptician working in germany and we could also get it done within a day. Thing is, they probably didn't use the exact measurement, just the closest.
Glasses need to be ordered in the wished for thickness, strength, color and coatings.

The glass gets milled for your frame withing some seconds, popping them in also is no work.
Most of the time the glass comes the next day and if someone wants to they can easily get it ready for you.
But generally this is not done incase there is something unexpectedly coming up, like a glass breaking, shipment is late for some reason etc etc.

It's not about quality, (but that too) but mostly the fact that we have lost trillions of dollars of decent wage jobs to half starved peasants in Asia so the corporate share holders could make a nicer profit on their sales.

>Expensive stuff made in china tells me that brand is not only trying to rip me off but also fuck me over.

THIS.

Everyone should realize the reason companies move their manufacturing to China is to lower THEIR OWN cots, and not lower the price to the consumer. Which is particularly egregious for high-end shit.

If I'm paying boutique or designer prices, I'm expecting the labor and attention and craftsmanship that comes from a well compensated White person.

Ant people can make decent shit, but I'm not gonna allow companies to rip me off.

>made in Italy
>White
Top kek

Why only Eastern Europe?

China is gradually moving towards more high quality production in both technology and fashion. Don't automatically assume made in China is trash. India and Bangladesh etc. however are still low quality

>Italy
>Eastern Europe
Shit-tier manufacturers. Replace these with Germany/Austria/Switz, Ireland/Wales/Scotland, and even Australia/NZ.

I wear mostly 90s/high 80s/early 2k clothes. I'd say that:

1) USA
2) Japan
3) UK/Canada
4) Italy

5) Korea/France
6) Australia/Spain/Mexico/Russia
7) Hong Kong/Scandinavia/South Africa

8) Thailand/Morocco/Turkey
9) Sri Lanka/Singapore/Malaysia
10) China

In a different category:

a) Brazil
b) Uruguay
c) Argentina
d) Colombia
d) Chile
e) Peru

might be more stressful, but I don't think they really care when there's $ involved. she knows her stuff about glasses and if was a shoddy job I'm pretty confident she would have noticed something (been 6 months and she's still happy with all of them)

>Italy
>shit tier

The poor should not have internet

>Also refuse to wear any synthetic fabric on the skin (apart from modal etc liners)

That's moronic. Utter wankery. Think about how heavily processed wool and cotton need to be to end up in your closet in the form of a shirt or sweater.

First Post Best Toast

You've just proven my point.

This, very hard to come by any "natural" fiber that hasn't been hit hard with synthetic pesticides, dyes, preservatives, etc. Buying organic cotton isn't enough, but that's a close as you're likely to get without buying some real specialty shit. And if you do, remember to replace your bedding, toilet paper, chair upholstery... oh, and better make sure you only wear organic vegetable-tanned undyed leather, none of that chrome-tanned aniline-dyed shit.
Closest I've ever gotten to a pure natural fiber is this great handknit Irish sweater of mine. Heavy, greasy, reeks of lanolin. If you're like me and can tolerate smelling and feeling like a mangy sheep, it's great... but shit like this would NEVER sell on the mass market. The cotton people like to wear is processed as heavily as any polyester or nylon fabric.